liberal last day? predictions for Tuesday?

Discuss the upcoming provincial election. Keep it civil in here, people. It's not the Political Arena.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: liberal last day? predictions for Tuesday?

Post by GordonH »

Thinking a minority government, small chance of it. Would make BC politics very interesting if only for a little while.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Breaking: Liberal campaign manager's plea to the party

The Liberals are not getting out the vote like they wanted, which is one reason why several high-profile candidates, including Mike de Jong, Suzanne Anton, Darryl Plecas, Peter Fassbender and Richard Lee, were Tweeting earlier today and contravening Elections BC's ban on election day advertising. They eventually stopped and deleted their Tweets. But not before dozens of Twitter users notified Elections BC.

Liberal internal polling indicates the party could have as few as 17 MLAs by the end of the night.

http://2010goldrush.blogspot.ca/2013/05 ... -plea.html
Chill
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Elections BC: don't tweet on election day
The Canadian Press - Story: 92029
May 14, 2013 / 6:43 pm

Tech-savvy candidates have prompted Elections BC to issue a warning that the province's 17-year-old election law forbids Twitter and Facebook postings on voting day.

Elections BC spokesman Don Main says the agency was alerted that Liberal candidate Richard Lee, who is running in Burnaby North, had been tweeting, despite a provision in the Election Act that prohibits broadcasting or transmitting advertising on election day.

Main says Elections BC has interpreted that section of the act to include online postings to social media.
He says the parties have been warned, and Lee has since taken down his offending Twitter posts.

But it's not difficult to find other candidates who have posted on election day, including NDP Leader Adrian Dix, whose most recent tweet is timestamped at about 6 a.m.

Main says enforcement is complaint-driven, and he can't say what, if anything, could happen to candidates who tweeted on voting day.

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... .htm#92029
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^^I thought "Voting Day" commenced at 8 am today when the polls opened and went to 8 pm tonight when the polls closed. Can you clarify?
Chill
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

The Canada Elections Act prohibits all election advertising on election day before the polls close. This prohibition starts at midnight on the day before the election, and applies to candidates, political parties and third parties.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

midnight on the day before the election,

So any candidate electioneering as of MONDAY midnight would be in violation?
Chill
French Castanut
Lord of the Board

Post by French Castanut »

I think Liberal or NPD will win, more chances for Liberal maybe.. in the Okanagan at least!
Vote C'Nutz for President of the Republic of BC May 14th!
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

flamingfingers wrote:
So any candidate electioneering as of MONDAY midnight would be in violation?

If election day is Tuesday, it starts at midnight Monday. If election day is Wednesday, it would start at midnight Tuesday.

i.e.: Midnight Monday, May 13th means election day commences at 12:01am Tuesday, May 14th.

Homeownertoo
Lord of the Board

Post by Homeownertoo »

Fisher-Dude wrote:BCL 48
New Dumbs 36
Sterk 1
BCC Nada

Going by the latest poll that showed Clark with 43 seats as of last Wednesday. Dix has gone nowhere but down since then.

Looking good so far Dude. Still not sure the Liberal numbers will hold, but who knows.
“Certain things cannot be said, certain ideas cannot be expressed, certain policies cannot be proposed.” -- Leftist icon Herbert Marcuse
“Don’t let anybody tell you it’s corporations and businesses create jobs.” -- Hillary Clinton, 25/10/2014
rookie314
Übergod

Post by rookie314 »

[quote="Homeownertoo"][quote="Fisher-Dude"]BCL 48
New Dumbs 36
Sterk 1
BCC

You have a typo, it's "Lieberal"
Liquidnails
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Liquidnails »

you can watch the results in real time here

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/05/14 ... breakdown/
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Orange Crush-ed?
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Wow. I never would have expected the Liberals to do as well as they are doing in Skeena. Carol Ledrec could win this riding. I am going to be eating serious crow on this one as i thought she had as much chance of winning in this riding as humans do of affecting global climate change. At least it is obvious not everyone up here is flat out against the pipeline and that's a good thing (the reason I voted Conservative). People up here are obviously counting on a commitment to development.

In the bigger picture, this NDP campaign that unflced over the last couple of weeks reminds me very much of the last game played by the Toronto Maple Leafs. I won't go as far as to call Clark a come back kid but I will call Dix a choker.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

the liberal apologist and supporters will be insufferable...LOL
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

steven lloyd wrote:In the bigger picture, this NDP campaign that unflced over the last couple of weeks reminds me very much of the last game played by the Toronto Maple Leafs. I won't go as far as to call Clark a come back kid but I will call Dix a choker.

It's funny you should say that, because even though it's not over yet, I must say I have had a gut feeling for a while now. The other year when the Canucks were doing so well in regular season, my boys kept talking and acting as if the Stanley Cup was in the bag and a foregone conclusion. I don't follow hockey much but my response to them was not to start the party until the playoffs were over.

We know how that turned out.

I've seen so much gloating from George and a few others, that I began to think a while back that the universe was about to give them a reality check. LOL
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"

Return to “B.C. Provincial Election 2013”