As in the days of Noah

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

As in the days of Noah

Post by Glacier »

Jesus Christ wrote:But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone. “For the coming of the Son of Man will be just like the days of Noah. “For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and they did not understand until the flood came and took them all away; so will the coming of the Son of Man be. “Then there will be two men in the field; one will be taken and one will be left.“Two women will be grinding at the mill; one will be taken and one will be left.

Speaking of the days of Noah, has one else noticed how many Noahs are running around these days? The following graph reveals that the popularity of the name Noah has gone up 1000% in just the past 20 years. Maybe Harold Camping or ThinkTank can tell us what it means.

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: As in the days of Noah

Post by Bsuds »

I have Noah idea.....
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by xjeepguy »

I like graphs .
When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

I have a grandson named Noah.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

the name has become so popular - even people's last name is noah

Joaqim Noah

My theory is that preachers and pastors in churches all over the world are claiming 'the end is near'
and 'the rapture is near' so people subconsciously are thinking only a few will be saved in the rapture - so
they name their kid Noah.

But it could just be - people tend to choose names that are popular at the time.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

In addition to Noahs, there are tons of Jacobs, Isaacs, Lukes, Calebs and so on. "Old" names are making a comeback for both genders. That, and names starting with "K"!
A couple of decades ago it was Michaels, Jonathans, Matthews, Davids and Daniels from the biblical names.
In other words, it doesn't mean a thing but makes a nice graph.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Working up north some years back I met a nurse named "Dorcas", another biblical name. Bet no one made fun of her in school.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Nom_de_Plume
Guru

Post by Nom_de_Plume »

-fluffy- wrote:Working up north some years back I met a nurse named "Dorcas", another biblical name. Bet no one made fun of her in school.

I went to high school with a very gorgeous girl named Dorcas, no one made fun of her then (not sure how she was treated in elementary school before her boobs came in).
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
~ Terry Pratchett
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

I had noah idea!
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

UltraViolet wrote:I had noah idea!

Well then, that makes you like most Castanet posters!
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

fluffy wrote:Working up north some years back I met a nurse named "Dorcas", another biblical name. Bet no one made fun of her in school.

my frends sister had the same name she was from terrace bc

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”