Question about saving people.

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Question about saving people.

Post by Thinktank »

I was just wondering, if I rip two people off $50,000 each in my lifetime,
but I save three people and lead them to God, - do I still pass?

Or in other words, how many people should I save per dishonest dollar I earn,
to still come out ahead?

Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.
James 5:20
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Re: Question about saving people.

Post by kgcayenne »

Ask my ex husband & his clan.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

Tank, you are one devious dude! :-)

1. Nobody can save anybody.
2. What are you saving them from?
3. Whose god are you saving them from?
4. Rules change from one religion to another. Whose rules are we talking about?

Dang, I could do this all day. So let's see who bites your line.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
Ranger66
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Ranger66 »

“do I still pass?”

If you believe in God you already know the answer, if you don’t believe in God it doesn’t matter.
To cool to live, to smart to die or no good deed should go unpunished
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Matthew 7 (New Living Translation):

15 “Beware of false prophets who come disguised as harmless sheep but are really vicious wolves. 16 You can identify them by their fruit, that is, by the way they act. Can you pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 A good tree produces good fruit, and a bad tree produces bad fruit. 18 A good tree can’t produce bad fruit, and a bad tree can’t produce good fruit. 19 So every tree that does not produce good fruit is chopped down and thrown into the fire. 20 Yes, just as you can identify a tree by its fruit, so you can identify people by their actions.

21 “Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. 22 On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ 23 But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’

24 “Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. 25 Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won’t collapse because it is built on bedrock. 26 But anyone who hears my teaching and doesn’t obey it is foolish, like a person who builds a house on sand. 27 When the rains and floods come and the winds beat against that house, it will collapse with a mighty crash.”

28 When Jesus had finished saying these things, the crowds were amazed at his teaching, 29 for he taught with real authority—quite unlike their teachers of religious law.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Glacier. Look at my avatar. do I look like someone who would be a false prophet?

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Thinktank wrote:I was just wondering, if I rip two people off $50,000 each in my lifetime,

Maybe, providing you pay the first two back with the appropriate interest added on, you might get into one of heaven's cheaper neighbourhoods.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Sure - I'll pay back the people I ripped off.

When hell freezes over.

fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Guess you have to burn then.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
OREZ
Lord of the Board

Post by OREZ »

Thinktank wrote:I was just wondering, if I rip two people off $50,000 each in my lifetime,

Or in other words, how many people should I save per dishonest dollar I earn,
to still come out ahead?

Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.
James 5:20

Why do you ask? And why do you put James in bold?
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

The question begs to be asked, "How does one turn a sinner from the error of his ways?" Surely it is not by being a dishonest hypocritical scumbag.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

OREZ wrote:Why do you ask?

The bible says every time I save someone, I cover up a multitude of my own sins.

So I was wondering about these evangelists who have big meetings with thousands of people
in stadiums (like Benny Hinn) - it's possible they are saving people, or else the stadiums wouldn't be full.

I was wondering if those evangelists could then spend $hundreds of thousands of dollars on luxuries
for themselves with the money people give to God, and still be great guys, because they're saving people.

fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

If they think that all actions are entered into some cosmic ledger somewhere, and that it's possible to "buy" forgiveness for bad deeds by performing good ones, then they're missing the point. It's all about motivation, what's in your heart. If there is no repentance/reparation for the bad deeds there can be no forgiveness no matter how many good deeds are thrown into the mix.

"If you do the right thing for the wrong reasons, the work becomes corrupted, impure, and ultimately self-destructive."
- Lennier
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

Thinktank wrote:The bible says every time I save someone, I cover up a multitude of my own sins.

You're incorrect, the Bible does not say that. "Love covers a multitude of sins". It is the sins of others that are covered.
If you love then you'll forgive others or "cover over". I hope this makes sense to you.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

- Douglas Murray

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”