Finally Getting the Bible Right

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Finally Getting the Bible Right

Post by Thinktank »

concernie wrote:Why so cynical, Thinktank?

It's just that I can't think of a more outrageous and irresponsible method of teaching people
about the bible ..... than church.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
concernie
Board Meister

Post by concernie »

Thinktank wrote:

It's just that I can't think of a more outrageous and irresponsible method of teaching people
about the bible ..... than church.

Did you have a bad experience?
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

How would you know who got the Bible right if in fact they did? Would what they teach have to be clearly found in it? If they did that but some members of the church didn't live by it very well, would the church be to blame? Thinktank, you seem to be blaming the church for the actions of some of its members.

Did Jesus get the Bible wrong? Judas actions were wrong so Jesus must have been wrong too, he taught him. This seems to be your logic ThinkTank.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

Hmmm wrote:How would you know who got the Bible right if in fact they did? Would what they teach have to be clearly found in it? If they did that but some members of the church didn't live by it very well, would the church be to blame? Thinktank, you seem to be blaming the church for the actions of some of its members.

Did Jesus get the Bible wrong? Judas actions were wrong so Jesus must have been wrong too, he taught him. This seems to be your logic ThinkTank.

How could Jesus get the bible wrong when it hadn't been written yet? Judas had a pivotal role to play in that little drama. Without him, the story would not have gone that way it went. Was Judas really the bad guy or was he playing his part to fulfill prophesy? Without him, Jesus would not have been able to fulfill his destiny (at least, according to the story).
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

I think anyone who totally ignores the bible his whole life is a fool, but to divide up into 'teams'
and think your own team 'got the bible right' is just insane. One group might go out preaching door to door,
two by two, and they think they got the bible right. Another group thinks Mary was more awesome than she really was,
and they got a guy in Rome that thinks he's important, and they think they got the bible right. Another group
says women whould not have short hair. The Amish men have beards. Those things that religions do to make
themselves slightly different to other religions are of no value. In fact, 100% of the actions people do while in church
are fake, because their smile is unnecessarily wide while in church, but none of them care to talk to you ever again
if you're not in church. Shunning is one thing the JWs have perfected, but all churches do it.

You can line up all the Charles Taze Russells, all the Ellen Whites, all the Joseph Smiths, and all the other guys
over the years that claimed they got the bible right, add them altogether and multiply by ten, and a six year old child
will still be closer to having the bible right than they are.

The biggest mistake I made was thinking a group of religious people 'knew more than I do' about the bible.
So I trusted them. I attended church every Sunday. The preacher always made it seem 'urgent' to be 'exactly like Jesus.'
What exactly am I supposed to do to be exactly like Jesus? Allow some jerks to crucify me? As it turned out,
I lost $thousands of dollars to one phony family by buying some equipment from them that was total garbage. There will always be some people in every church who just love money - it's in their blood, and not even God can change that. And when you do have a problem with one of the guys in church, don't expect any of the others who 'got the bible right' to be fair, because all that smiling, and singing songs to God, and saying prayers out loud - IF IT HAPPENED IN A CHURCH, IT'S ALL FAKE.

IF IT HAPPENED IN A CHURCH, IT'S ALL FAKE

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

cliffy1 wrote:How could Jesus get the bible wrong when it hadn't been written yet? Judas had a pivotal role to play in that little drama. Without him, the story would not have gone that way it went. Was Judas really the bad guy or was he playing his part to fulfill prophesy? Without him, Jesus would not have been able to fulfill his destiny (at least, according to the story).

You're kidding right? Have you ever heard of the Old Testament? It's also called the Bible. You're right in that the entire Bible wasn't complete yet.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
concernie
Board Meister

Post by concernie »

The Soviet Union, where the state religion was atheism, used to put out all kinds of propaganda about religion, particularly Christianity. And occultists like Acharya S are spreading the "Christ conspiracy" nonsense and claiming the Bible is a fictional book comprised of endless contradictions. Most of these so called Bible skeptics have been debunked, including Acharya S. Truth is, the Bible is the last thing standing in the way of the New World Order and its occult one-world agenda. Even the old occult teachings predicted that Christianity would have to be purged from the Earth in order to bring about their one-world consciousness.

“Atheism, true 'existential' atheism burning with hatred of a seemingly unjust or unmerciful God, is a spiritual state; it is a real attempt to grapple with the true God.… Nietzsche, in calling himself Antichrist, proved thereby his intense hunger for Christ.”
Seraphim Rose, Nihilism: The Root of the Revolution of the Modern Age
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

Atheism is not a religion.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

concernie wrote:The Soviet Union, where the state religion was atheism, used to put out all kinds of propaganda about religion, particularly Christianity. And occultists like Acharya S are spreading the "Christ conspiracy" nonsense and claiming the Bible is a fictional book comprised of endless contradictions. Most of these so called Bible skeptics have been debunked, including Acharya S. Truth is, the Bible is the last thing standing in the way of the New World Order and its occult one-world agenda. Even the old occult teachings predicted that Christianity would have to be purged from the Earth in order to bring about their one-world consciousness.

Seems we have another one to join the ranks of,the Sky is falling,beware the new world order,we christians are under attack.

I don't believe in unicorns so I'll start a religion about it?
Discuss
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
concernie
Board Meister

Post by concernie »

nickd wrote:
Seems we have another one to join the ranks of,the Sky is falling,beware the new world order,we christians are under attack.

I don't believe in unicorns so I'll start a religion about it?
Discuss

Christians didn't invent this to create a persecution complex. The purging of Christianity as a means of "sustainability" and "cleansing" is openly admitted in various occult sources.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

One myth slagging another myth = a *bleep*.
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

concernie wrote:Christians didn't invent this to create a persecution complex. The purging of Christianity as a means of "sustainability" and "cleansing" is openly admitted in various occult sources.

Christians purged the Celts, the native Americans and god knows who else. Could this purging of Christians (if true) be karma?
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

concernie wrote:Truth is, the Bible is the last thing standing in the way of the New World Order and its occult one-world agenda.

The bible ways : Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.

The bible also says it's perfectly okay to slaughter your enemy in a war. When Billy Graham
spoke to thousands of people in a huge stadium in Atlanta, he had 20,000 Christians cheering wildly
when he mentioned how USA invaded Iraq. The old warmonger, George Bush, and Billy Graham are good buddies.
But most Christians are warmongers because the Old Testament says wars are great.

Most Christians agree with this Christian warmonger who said we need a new world order.

concernie
Board Meister

Post by concernie »

Thinktank wrote:
The bible also says it's perfectly okay to slaughter your enemy in a war. When Billy Graham
spoke to thousands of people in a huge stadium in Atlanta, he had 20,000 Christians cheering wildly
when he mentioned how USA invaded Iraq. The old warmonger, George Bush, and Billy Graham are good buddies.
But most Christians are warmongers because the Old Testament says wars are great.

Most Christians agree with this Christian warmonger who said we need a new world order.

Most Christians agree with Zionist messianic politics, which is displacing and murdering Palestinians, for example? Not a chance. That is a phenomenon in G8 nations among mainly evangelical Protestants. They are a minority in Christianity. But because they are always on TV, it appears as if they are a majority perhaps. Evangelicals are a joke to the Eastern and Latin rites, which make up the majority of Christianity.

The Bible does not say that slaughtering your enemy is OK. The Old Testament references to God wiping out certain nations was in an historical context. It wasn't a new law being instituted. Messianic politics today has no relevance or justification to and through the Bible. Quite the contrary. God has repeatedly inhibited the goal of their Messianic politics, rebuilding the Solomonic temple in Jerusalem. Why do you think it has never been rebuilt after all these years? What happened under Julian the Apostate?

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”