What Proves To You God Does Exists?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Re: What Proves To You God Does Exists?

Post by Hmmm »

How about those who don't believe start their own thread. Thanks for helping derail MOD.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

In a thread about evidence of a god, saying there isn't evidence of one is on topic.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

jennylives wrote:In a thread about evidence of a god, saying there isn't evidence of one is on topic.

No it isn't. It's about why you believe not why you don't. But do what you want. Derailed.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

I believe that the God of Israel Yahweh is alive and well. Mainly because of Jacob Pillow Stone that is under the British's Coronation Chair, where all Kings and Queens of Ireland, Scotland and England have been crown for over 2600 years. In Queen Elizabeth's Oath, she is proclaimed Queen of Israel.

http://www.redicecreations.com/winterwo ... scone.html

Genesis 49:10
The scepter shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh comes; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Hmmm wrote:No it isn't. It's about why you believe not why you don't. But do what you want. Derailed.

The thread title is "What Proves To You God Does Exist?". My answer is nothing. I look forward to answers from others.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Can there be a proof of god's existence? Is it necessary to believe in something?
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
katzenjammer
Board Meister

Post by katzenjammer »

It all depends on your definition of God.

I have been known to mock others whose beliefs are simply based on FAITH. As a former militant atheist, I have always challenged any ones view that God is a being that has created the universe and that speaks now and again to a select few. Ask 100 people to define God and you will get 100 different pictures.

So my definition: God is all that there is. Everything that exists is merely an emanation of the divine including us. The magic of being alive allows us to "see" some small portion of the emanations and should be regarded by all as an incredible gift. We are already in the kingdom of heaven even if it is not always pleasant. Those who look to life after death for some sort of "better place" are missing life before death.

If God is all that there is then no proof of existence is necessary.
Happiness never decreases by being shared. ...
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

katzenjammer wrote:It all depends on your definition of God.

I have been known to mock others whose beliefs are simply based on FAITH. As a former militant atheist, I have always challenged any ones view that God is a being that has created the universe and that speaks now and again to a select few. Ask 100 people to define God and you will get 100 different pictures.

So my definition: God is all that there is. Everything that exists is merely an emanation of the divine including us. The magic of being alive allows us to "see" some small portion of the emanations and should be regarded by all as an incredible gift. We are already in the kingdom of heaven even if it is not always pleasant. Those who look to life after death for some sort of "better place" are missing life before death.

If God is all that there is then no proof of existence is necessary.

Precisely! God is the Universe. There is nothing that is not god. Our minds are made up of the same energy that created the Universe and we are a capable of creating our own lives. We have the power and responsibility. We are our own gods. Waiting for a better afterlife is a complete waste of life. Heaven and hell are right here, in this lifetime, and it is our responsibility for creating it.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

Captain Awesome wrote:Most people of faith I know don't need proof of god's existence.

If one has faith God exists, something proves it to them or that would would mean they don't really believe. Example would be, they recognize his blessing in their lives or his guidance. It's not about the science of it, although I prefer to point to that when discussing the subject with people that lack faith.

His guidance and blessings in my life however are constant and undeniable to me and that also to me is the greatest evidence of all. Everyone of faith feels this to one degree or another and that is proof enough for them.
concernie
Board Meister

Post by concernie »

Proof of God's existence?

How bout the proliferation and dominance of Western Civilization in accordance with the Bible's prophecy of a thousand-year rule and reign of Christ through the Church age? Christianity has dominated for 1,000 years and more.

How bout the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD, a major event in the shaping of Western Civilization that was also prophesied in the Bible.
annexi
Board Meister

Post by annexi »

I directly experience god in ways my human mind can only remotely begin to fathom. One example is coincidences that are just too weird and too improbable to be passed off as meaningless. In fact, coincidences can be understood as indicators of a decrease in entropy, a reduction in the randomness of how our seemingly disparate lives interact. I think so-called coincidences are actually a tiny taste of the truth that we are all one and the one is god.
TMixer
Board Meister

Post by TMixer »

I have faith God exists.
As such, nothing proves his existence to me. Proof turns faith into knowledge, which are two different things.
Socially anxious, anxiously social
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

If ever you wanted to find evidence that God exists DO NOT try to find it in any religion or any church - you will
find the exact opposite in a church - proof that God does not exist.

Crooked people can't stop laughing. Dishonest people get rich. There is no justice in this world at all.

The only proof God exists is the fact some people have a conscience, but there are many more
people who have no conscience, which would prove God doesn't exist. One thing that proves God might exist
is the fact life is only so long, which gives an advantage to the poor - their suffering isn't forever, and
disadvantage to the evil - their wickedness soon ends..... when they croak.

If God does exist, he probably won't harm anyone, except in situations like the old testament
when God sends his wrath on people.
It's also important to ask the question - does the devil exist?
If a devil exists, it would be really dumb to ignore it.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

When America used depleted uranium on the Iraqis, that will stay in that country
for a million years, it is the most vicious disgusting sickening thing any human
could do - only animals would do such a thing. Americans liked it so much, they voted the monster in for a second term.

Now, after a freak earthquake that sent 30 ft waves to destroy the biggest nuclear
power plant in Japan, proving humans with all their technology, and weapons of mass destruction
can do absolutely nothing when nature decides it's time for a disaster - now radiation is going
to contaminate the Pacific ocean, and deliver to the Americans ( and Canadians) and other
European countries who so readily agreed to contaimate the Iraqis with depleted uranium - now
we're getting radiation. It's totally true - WHAT YOU SOW , YOU SHALL REAP.

WHAT YOU SOW , YOU SHALL REAP.

there is a God. But forget about it. Humans will never behave themselves - ever.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
concernie
Board Meister

Post by concernie »

Thinktank wrote:If ever you wanted to find evidence that God exists DO NOT try to find it in any religion or any church - you will
find the exact opposite in a church - proof that God does not exist.

Crooked people can't stop laughing. Dishonest people get rich. There is no justice in this world at all.

The only proof God exists is the fact some people have a conscience, but there are many more
people who have no conscience, which would prove God doesn't exist. One thing that proves God might exist
is the fact life is only so long, which gives an advantage to the poor - their suffering isn't forever, and
disadvantage to the evil - their wickedness soon ends..... when they croak.

If God does exist, he probably won't harm anyone, except in situations like the old testament
when God sends his wrath on people.
It's also important to ask the question - does the devil exist?
If a devil exists, it would be really dumb to ignore it.

Regarding God intervening to prove His existence, which he has done enough times for us not to make any excuses, consider that we are living in the age of apostasy, which was prophesied. And in this age, Satan is unleashed for a short time, meaning Christianity (and religious fundamentalism in general) takes a back seat. So, nobody should be surprised. This has been foretold for 2,000 years.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”