Spear of Destiny

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Spear of Destiny

Post by averagejoe »

The Spear of Longinus, also known as The Spear of Destiny was allegedly used by a Roman soldier Gaius Cassius, later called Longinus to pierce the side of Christ as he hung on the cross.

*John 19:34 Instead, one of the soldiers pierced Jesus' side with a spear, bringing a sudden flow of blood and water.

The Spear of Destiny, bathed in the blood of the Jesus Christ played a significant role in the fulfillment of Old Testament prophecy, and is believed to have acquired tremendous mystical power.

History of some of those who held the Spear of Destiny in possession or Battle.......

St. Maurice

Lance of St. Maurice

Maurice and his Theban Legion were a completely Christianized Imperial Roman Garrison from Thebes in Upper Egypt. In 287 AD his legion was called from Africa to assist in putting down a revolt in Gaul. The soldiers were ordered to sacrifice to the Pagan Gods in thanksgiving, they refused. in retaliation Every tenth soldier was killed. Another order to sacrifice was issued and again they refused which caused a second decimation.

Constantine

Constantine used the Spear of Destiny at the battle of Milvan Bridge in 312 AD, as per legend he believed the Spear of Destiny led him to victory. Constantine became the sole Roman emperor and legalized / Christianity as well as the other "pagan" religions of the era. Christianity becoming the official religion of the Holy Roman Empire was an event that has had monumental consequences on the last several thousand years of Human history. In 325 AD Constantine called the Council of Nicea during which he consolidated the Churches of the Mediterranean and Europe . Durring the Council , while debates raged the Emperor Constantine sat regally , quietly clutching the Spear of Destiny.

Charlemagne, father and defender of Europe.

Charlemagne lived and slept at all times within reach of the Spear of Destiny, and attributed 47 battle victories to its powers. Some believe that the Spear of Destiny Charlemagne possessed may not have been the same Holy Lance of Longinus and Saint Maurice and that he had created it, naturally this can not be proven. As per Eginhard in the The Life Of Charlemagne , he was returning from Saxony when a comet flashed across the sky , startling the Emperors Horse and throwing him from his mount, the Spear of Destiny was lost from his grip , Charlemagne died this day.

Frederick of Barbarossa

The Spear of Destiny passed through a number of Charlemagne's heirs and eventually came into the possession of Frederick of Barbarossa . Frederick of Barbarossa was a duke of Swabia, a German King, and Holy Roman Emperor. was able to unite the various Germanic factions and create peace. He was granted the title of the Holy Roman Emperor and attributed much of his success to The Spear of Destiny.

Atitila the Hun

Alaric, King of the Visigoths {Goths}, conquered and plundered Rome and captured the Spear of Destiny, but it is believed he left it behind when he went on to conquer Sicily, he failed and died several months later.

Hitler's own words describing the Spear of Destiny.

..."I knew with immediacy that this was an important moment in my life....I stood there quietly gazing upon it for several minutes quite oblivious to the scene around me. It seemed to carry some hidden inner meaning which evaded me, a meaning which I felt I inwarldly knew yet could not bring to consciousness.... I felt as though I myself had held it in my hands before in some earlier century of history -- that I myself had once claimed it as my talisman of power and held the destiny of the world in my hands. What sort of madness was this that was invading my mind and creating such turmoil in my breast?". He later stated that he moved "like a sleep-walker where Providence dictates." when in the presence of the Spear of Destiny.

American General George Patton had much of the Spear of Destinys history traced and authenticity confirmed. { The Patton Papers 1940-45} Not until the final decision came from General Eisenhower would General Patton release the Spear of Destiny, the complete Hapsburg regalia including the Spear of Longinus/Spear of Destiny was returned to the Hofburg Treasure House where it remains today. .

http://archive.is/H80Yw
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
cliffy1
Übergod

Re: Spear of Destiny

Post by cliffy1 »

Talismans only have as much power as we give them. We imbue them with the energy of our beliefs and focus of attention. To others they are just symbols or effigies. Real power is the wind, fire and water, all the rest is in our imaginations.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

cliffy1 wrote:Talismans only have as much power as we give them. We imbue them with the energy of our beliefs and focus of attention. To others they are just symbols or effigies. Real power is the wind, fire and water, all the rest is in our imaginations.

From the above....

Charlemagne lived and slept at all times within reach of the Spear of Destiny, and attributed 47 battle victories to its powers

I don't think Charlemagne used wind, fire and water to win his battles. I don't recall reading anywhere regarding him using any of those.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

averagejoe wrote:From the above....

Charlemagne lived and slept at all times within reach of the Spear of Destiny, and attributed 47 battle victories to its powers

I don't think Charlemagne used wind, fire and water to win his battles. I don't recall reading anywhere regarding him using any of those.

Charlemagne was a brilliant military leader. He probably didn't need a talisman, but the church was full of superstitions in those days and everybody claimed God did it because personal pride was frowned upon.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Well I would guess that Charlemagne was "superstitious" as he not only carried it into Battle. He also slept with it.
True power of Christianity!

cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

averagejoe wrote:Well I would guess that Charlemagne was "superstitious" as he not only carried it into Battle. He also slept with it.
True power of Christianity!

Crazy Horse could not be shot in battle. The true power of native spirituality.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

cliffy1 wrote:Crazy Horse could not be shot in battle. The true power of native spirituality.

He was involved in one major battle, the Battle of Little Bighorn. Not 47 Battles unlike Charlemagne.

Crazy Horse (Lakota: Tȟašúŋke Witkó in Standard Lakota Orthography,[2] IPA:tχaʃʊ̃kɛ witkɔ), literally "His-Horse-Is-Crazy";[3] ca. 1840 – September 5, 1877) was a Native American war leader of the Oglala Lakota. He took up arms against the U.S. Federal government to fight against encroachments on the territories and way of life of the Lakota people, including leading a war party to victory at the Battle of the Little Bighorn in June 1876.

Four months after surrendering to U.S. troops under General Crook in May 1877, Crazy Horse was fatally wounded by a military guard, using his bayonet, while allegedly[4][5] resisting imprisonment at Camp Robinson in present-day Nebraska.

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Unlocking the Spear of Destiny's True Power

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0xjZJ2 ... freload=10

alexoliversen
Fledgling

Post by alexoliversen »

What I find interesting is how does the Spear of Destiny look like? What kind of design does it have? Is it a specific type of spear or a specific spear (as in relic/item) itself? Did it win that many battles because spears were the most effective weapon at the time, or does it have personal spiritual and magical powers? And now adays would we call it the Guns or Missiles of Destiny? ;)
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

alexoliversen wrote:What I find interesting is how does the Spear of Destiny look like? What kind of design does it have? Is it a specific type of spear or a specific spear (as in relic/item) itself? Did it win that many battles because spears were the most effective weapon at the time, or does it have personal spiritual and magical powers? And now adays would we call it the Guns or Missiles of Destiny? ;)

Last edited by averagejoe on Dec 11th, 2014, 1:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

alexoliversen wrote:What I find interesting is how does the Spear of Destiny look like? What kind of design does it have? Is it a specific type of spear or a specific spear (as in relic/item) itself? Did it win that many battles because spears were the most effective weapon at the time, or does it have personal spiritual and magical powers? And now adays would we call it the Guns or Missiles of Destiny? ;)

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

The history of the Spear of Destiny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq4w3UuNu9A

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”