Question to theists.

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Question to theists.

Post by I Think »

Where is your,
substantiated, quantifiable, peer reviewed, logical evidence,
that any god(s) exist?
We're lost but we're making good time.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Re: Question to theists.

Post by steven lloyd »

Where is yours that none does ?
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

steven lloyd wrote:Where is yours that none does ?

None is needed. Don't be silly.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

I like Biblical history. The Royal Throne of England with the Stone of Israel under it. Has been around for 38 centuries.

http://dinartruthmatrix.net/the-coronat ... bs-pillow/

http://www.theantechamber.net/Vk2008/St ... Throne.htm

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/top ... e-of-Scone
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Signed by every major family of Scotland, The Declaration of Arbroath 1320 A.D. or the Scottish Declaration of Independence.

They confirm that the Israelite's "crossed the Red Sea", however, never mentions parting. But also the date.

Most Holy Father and Lord, we know and from the chronicles and books of the ancients we find that among other famous nations our own, the Scots, has been graced with widespread renown. They journeyed from Greater Scythia by way of the Tyrrhenian Sea and the Pillars of Hercules, and dwelt for a long course of time in Spain among the most savage tribes, but nowhere could they be subdued by any race, however barbarous. Thence they came, twelve hundred years after the people of Israel crossed the Red Sea, to their home in the west where they still live today. The Britons they first drove out, the Picts they utterly destroyed, and, even though very often assailed by the Norwegians, the Danes and the English, they took possession of that home with many victories and untold efforts; and, as the historians of old time bear witness, they have held it free of all bondage ever since. In their kingdom there have reigned one hundred and thirteen kings of their own royal stock, the line unbroken a single foreigner. The high qualities and deserts of these people, were they not otherwise manifest, gain glory enough from this: that the King of kings and Lord of lords, our Lord Jesus Christ, after His Passion and Resurrection, called them, even though settled in the uttermost parts of the earth, almost the first to His most holy faith. Nor would He have them confirmed in that faith by merely anyone but by the first of His Apostles — by calling, though second or third in rank — the most gentle Saint Andrew, the Blessed Peter's brother, and desired him to keep them under his protection as their patron forever.

http://www.constitution.org/scot/arbroath.htm
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Ark of the Covenant carried the 10 Commandments received by Moses. The most sacred gift to the Israelite's.

http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/artic ... e-covenant

steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

steven lloyd wrote:Where is yours that none does ?
jennylives wrote:None is needed. Don't be silly.

Well, I suppose that as long as I am not concerned in what you believe in regards to what does and does not exist beyond the finite realms of science then you are correct. What I don't understand is why you folks are so threatened by the idea others might have experienced something you have not (and to be clear I am not referring to religion in any of its concepts).

You're definitely right about one thing. Outside of the purpose of learning to develop logical reasoning skills this is such a silly argument. In fact, anyone who has had some education in logical reasoning would understand exactly what I mean by that.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

King Solomon Temple was built 3000 years ago to house the Ark of the Covenant. The Temple exists today in Jerusalem.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jso ... m/ark.html

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ritmeyer/temple.ark.html

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

The Tribe of the Levites kept all records of the Israelite's.So I'm sure they had a lot of history to put into the Bible.

JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

steven lloyd wrote:Well, I suppose that as long as I am not concerned in what you believe in regards to what does and does not exist beyond the finite realms of science then you are correct. What I don't understand is why you folks are so threatened by the idea others might have experienced something you have not (and to be clear I am not referring to religion in any of its concepts).

You're definitely right about one thing. Outside of the purpose of learning to develop logical reasoning skills this is such a silly argument. In fact, anyone who has had some education in logical reasoning would understand exactly what I mean by that.

If you read the Hobby Lobby or ISIS threads you can see how it is threatening in various ways. I also think it is important to be intellectually honest in our reasoning. The existence of a deity is currently a myth. Regardless of personal experiences there is still no evidence and it really is important.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Geckonidae
Fledgling

Post by Geckonidae »

averagejoe wrote:I like Biblical history. The Royal Throne of England with the Stone of Israel under it. Has been around for 38 centuries.

http://dinartruthmatrix.net/the-coronat ... bs-pillow/

http://www.theantechamber.net/Vk2008/St ... Throne.htm

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/top ... e-of-Scone

Great example Average Joe. A stone was quarried in Scotland, used for fancy ceremonies, and at some point someone made up a story about the stone coming from the Middle East. Geological evidence tells us that the stone would not have come from the Middle East, but apparently while it was there (even though it wasn't) it was use as a pillow by a guy named Jacob who had a dream about angels.

Is there any evidence outside of the Bible that this Jacob guy even existed? Is there any evidence that a stone like this could have come from the Middle East? Do you know the difference between a credible source of information and a crazy person with a website?
Geckonidae
Fledgling

Post by Geckonidae »

steven lloyd wrote: In fact, anyone who has had some education in logical reasoning would understand exactly what I mean by that.

You win the prize for the most arrogant and asinine statement that I have encountered this week. How did you acquire this superior ability to reason? Did you take Logic and Reasoning 101 in University? Did you read a book from the bargain bin? Did you win an argument online with a 12 year old?
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

jennylives wrote: If you read the Hobby Lobby or ISIS threads you can see how it is threatening in various ways.

Yes, I can see how religion can be threatening in various ways (I have been denouncing Islamic Fundamentalism for years), but I thought I had been clear in stating I was not referring to religion or any of its concepts.

jennylives wrote: I also think it is important to be intellectually honest in our reasoning.

If you really want to be intellectually honest in applying logical reasoning to this argument then the argument is over. At least for me it is. I spent the good part of a semester in first year philosophy doing this one. It is an exercise in logic that cannot be proven either way.

jennylives wrote: Regardless of personal experiences there is still no evidence and it really is important.

Experience is evidence jenny. Surely you can acknowledge that. Just like your example of testing the theory of gravity by stepping off a ledge. It is what we would experience or observe that gives us evidence to support the theory. I know what I know because of learning and experience – as do you.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

I saw Jesus in my toast once,so there's that for a start.
And right now I'm living inside fish but,that's not going so well.
Geckonidae
Fledgling

Post by Geckonidae »

1nick wrote:I saw Jesus in my toast once,so there's that for a start.
And right now I'm living inside fish but,that's not going so well.

Hey, if you tell me that you have experienced living inside of a fish, that's apparently all the evidence I should need.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”