Fire on Mount Boucherie?

Temporary forum for information and discussion about fire situations in the Okanagan.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Re: Fire on Mount Boucherie?

Post by oneh2obabe »

Jx3 wrote:Castanet was reporting that the fire was fully "contained" at 5:20 PM yesterday.

Contained is good but under control or extinguished is better. Emergency Operations reported the fire was "contained but not fully under control in their 5:14 pm news release.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
BoB76
Guru

Post by BoB76 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jul 16th, 2014, 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

Jx3 wrote: Castanet was reporting that the fire was fully "contained" at 5:20 PM yesterday.

oneh2obabe wrote:Contained is good but under control or extinguished is better. Emergency Operations reported the fire was "contained but not fully under control in their 5:14 pm news release.

My point exactly! Thank you.

Your previous post stated that it would likely be "contained" sometime today when in fact it has been fully contained for quite some time already. Just needs to be fully extinguished now.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Havent looked at the hill since 6:30 this morning but at that time, there was still some thin smoke and some obvious small hot spots but otherwise, looks like they got it.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
jccamp95

Post by jccamp95 »

yay I am happy, now ship the bombers back to apex.
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

Did the bombers hit it again this morning? Would have thought the helo's could have taken care of the few remaining hot spots.
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

Did the bombers hit it again this morning? Would have thought the helo's could have taken care of the few remaining hot spots.

I was thinking the same thing.
Have not seen or heard any "air assets” working the fire this morning. There are still several spot fires burning by the looks of things. All that would need to happen is a bit of afternoon wind to get it all going again.
Anyway, I like to think there are professionals out there with far greater knowledge than I assessing the situation.
But if a fire gets blown into the wooded area above its current position….
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
blondewithbrains
Board Meister

Post by blondewithbrains »

One of my friends who lives close to Mt Boo said that last night she was watching the helicopters with the buckets but they werent bucketing the fire, they were dropping water into the large bladders for the ground crews to use. We drove by around 1:30 and there are still hot spots smoking but you could see flashes in the area which to me implies that there are ground crew doing the work now..not a helicopter in site today...
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance -- it is the illusion of knowledge.
jccamp95

Post by jccamp95 »

there are 4 choppers on the unconfined Apex fire right now.
Zoso
Übergod

Post by Zoso »

I wish they would quit blocking east boundary . There's nothing going on . And then they divert you through subdivisions that can't handle traffic . Some kid is going to get run over . Irritating
Strong and free
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Does anyone else see that orange glow on the south side of the mountain?
Jacl2

Post by Jacl2 »

There is a strong smell of smoke. I live right by Hudson School. Anyone know what's going on?
CountryAtHeart
Lord of the Board

Post by CountryAtHeart »

My daughter is in Shannon Lake and said there was a fire, they have been watching it and it is getting bigger. We saw a firetruck up on the hill.
Jacl2

Post by Jacl2 »

Did she say the fire was a house or the forest?
BoB76
Guru

Post by BoB76 »

Boucherie or Shannon Lake? No other reports of it. Are you drinking moonshine?
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!

Return to “2014 Fire Watch”