Ogopogo?

charliebean
Fledgling

Ogopogo?

Post by charliebean »

Hasn't been any stories about anyone seeing the Ogopogo for awhile. Is she still around? Anyone see her lately?
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Re: Ogopogo????

Post by vinnied »

Aww yes the elusive lake monster. Didn't know she/he was real. Just When was the last confirmed spotting of ogopogo anyway?
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

I believe there is, or was something big in the lake at one time. I have a close friend who was there when over 4o people saw something big. It was decades ago though. Many people a while back said they've seen something that was big (ogopogo?)
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

I know many years ago they pulled an 11+ foot sturgeon from Okanagan...

Just sayin.
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

we definitely need some supporting documentation on that one go stumpy.

i am unaware of a sturgeon ever having been in lake okanagan.
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

A fellow who is a avid fisherman suggests OGO is large sturgeons.

I've seen it once, I was never a believer. It appeared as if a 12 foot motor boat was doing circles. Wake was about 12 inches tall and the circle hard to say as I was on highland on Peachland near Greta Ranch. It was weird, after about five circles it stopped.

They say the sturgeon get a sucker on their undersides, they surface, roll over and circle. As the sun hits the suckers, they let go. After a period of time the fish returns to the deep waters.
Swoop
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Swoop »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:we definitely need some supporting documentation on that one go stumpy.

...the "divers on the old bridge saw sturgeon" is a story almost as retold as that of Ogopogo itself...there has apparently never been any documented proof of sturgeon in Okanagan Lake...see page #30:

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/okanagan/docum ... status.pdf
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:we definitely need some supporting documentation on that one go stumpy.

It's part of the Columbia River System. Before the dams that were built in the 1930's, which is 1/2 a lifetime ago for a large sturgeon, they would have had unobstructed access to the ocean for spawning.

Just google "Columbia River Strurgeon" and look at the images to see what could have been and could still be in Okanagan Lake. Except they would have historically been much much larger, prior to European interference with the rivers.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

i have searched more than just google for sturgeon in the lake :) i have searched above and below the surface of the lake, the various archives of reports and images, as well as interviewing people of different backgrounds from all areas around the lake.

i am very much a cryptid hunter.

i am not aware of a single shred of evidence, other than recent anecdotal, for sturgeon in our lake. no images, no dna, no historical references.

but since go stumpy "knows" i am guessing he/she must have some sort of evidence. he/she could be the first to actually provide evidence of sturgeon in the lake if he/she is telling the truth.
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

i think we aren't hearing about as many sightings these days because with the proliferation of cell phone cameras people are running out of reasons to say that they didn't have a camera with them.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Wasn't/Isn't there some large bone from a whale or something that they found in Kal Lake in the Vernon museum? I seem to recall seeing that there as a kid.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:i have searched more than just google for sturgeon in the lake :) i have searched above and below the surface of the lake, the various archives of reports and images, as well as interviewing people of different backgrounds from all areas around the lake.

i am very much a cryptid hunter.

i am not aware of a single shred of evidence, other than recent anecdotal, for sturgeon in our lake. no images, no dna, no historical references.

but since go stumpy "knows" i am guessing he/she must have some sort of evidence. he/she could be the first to actually provide evidence of sturgeon in the lake if he/she is telling the truth.

Maybe you need to jump in a time machine with a boat, some heavy fishing gear and a few plucked chickens for bait. If you go back to pre-European contact along the Okanagan River you might find yourself hooking into a few. Or maybe not.

GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

I read it at least a year, maybe two years ago, there was a photo and everything... can't find anything right now though.
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

given that ability to time travel, i make make a stop somewhere prior to 1966 when w.a.c. bennett allowed the lake to be destroyed by the introduction of mysis shrimp.

when canadian lake plankton set up shop on the lake to start harvesting the shrimp, i spoke with the owners then, and since, and i would be apprised of any encounter or evidence of ogopogo or sturgeon in the lake should they discover any during their continual presence on the lake and the thousands upon thousands of samples they take from the lake.

none to date :)

go stumpy, i will suggest you are either mistaken, or someone has deceived you.
T.Tsarnaev
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

As far as I remember it was from the 60's....

Return to “Central Okanagan”