Lost & Found

A potpourri of off-topics.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Re: Lost and Found.

Post by kgcayenne »

Wow! Rogers must totally suck. I found an iPhone on Telus & phoned Telus gave them its SIM card# & Telus called the owner's alternate contact and the owner was more than happy to have her phone back the same day.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

kgcayenne wrote:Wow! Rogers must totally suck. I found an iPhone on Telus & phoned Telus gave them its SIM card# & Telus called the owner's alternate contact and the owner was more than happy to have her phone back the same day.

The phone is locked out, therefor couldn't phone anything but emergency numbers. I didn't think 911 was necessary.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

In my 'emergency call' settings, it let me set up "ICE" (in case of emergency) contacts other than 911. Any others set?
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

LordEd wrote:In my 'emergency call' settings, it let me set up "ICE" (in case of emergency) contacts other than 911. Any others set?

It has zero power now..it's a paper weight.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

kgcayenne wrote:Wow! Rogers must totally suck. I found an iPhone on Telus & phoned Telus gave them its SIM card# & Telus called the owner's alternate contact and the owner was more than happy to have her phone back the same day.

Ken7 wrote:The phone is locked out, therefor couldn't phone anything but emergency numbers. I didn't think 911 was necessary.

Can you not pull the SIM card out of the phone? The number should be on it.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Does this help, if you can get the sim card out Rogers should be able to use the number on it to locate the owner.
http://support.bell.ca/Mobility/Smartph ... card_on_my
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Anonymous123 wrote:
Can you not pull the SIM card out of the phone? The number should be on it.

Wouldn't Rogers staff be aware of this?? I'm concerned about causing damage to someone elses phone.
Liquidnails
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Liquidnails »

Rogers should be able to reunite this phone with its rightful owner if you give them the right information. The will require the phone's IMEI number. This number is linked to the account of the phone's owner. It is printed on a sticker located behind the battery. This sticker will probably also have the phone's serial number and a barcode. The battery can be found behind the back cover, which can easily be removed by prying it off with your fingernails. A guitar pick also works very well.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Bsuds wrote:Does this help, if you can get the sim card out Rogers should be able to use the number on it to locate the owner.
http://support.bell.ca/Mobility/Smartph ... card_on_my

OK I have the number off the sim card, I called the local store. They say they have no access to that info. They provided my the number to call HONG KONG, Korea or some other foreign land.

I called them, and somewhat confusing to the Rogers' employee. She advised me to go to the Rogers store, they can help. I explained they can not. I learned the foreigner could not help either...

Thanks for the link. Will hold the phone!
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

Well if you don't ever find the owner, I'll give ya 20 bucks
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Yup. Rogers sucks.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

If you keep hitting the keys rapidly you can crack the lock :/
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
2003 Mustang
Fledgling

Post by 2003 Mustang »

Of course rogers can help. Go to a local store and drop it off. If you want to get crazy, charge the phone and call 911 and ask them what number showed up on their call display...you can then call rogers with the number!
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Any way to plug it in to charge at all? All Samsung use a micro USB. As for finding three owner, those avenues are good. Try Facebook also, it's pretty crazy how much these kinds of posts can get shared to help people out. Ask them to call the phone, even a friend who simply knows it's missing. You can basically always answer an incoming call without a password. I think that alone proves ownership. I've heard Rogers is pretty useless with this stuff.
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

*removed*
Last edited by Merry on Jul 17th, 2014, 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
Sure do love Rutland!!

Return to “Grab Bag”