So sick of this!

Temporary forum for information and discussion about fire situations in the Okanagan.
2003 Mustang
Fledgling

So sick of this!

Post by 2003 Mustang »

I saw no less than 3 people flick cigarettes out of their car driving between kelowna and westbank today.

That's on top of the dozens texting and driving. Had society gone mad? 1000's of people risking their lives to fight these fires...many of which are started by cigarettes and people that would rather die before not letting their kids cook a hot dog on a campfire.

People need to smarten up.
Last edited by 2003 Mustang on Jul 17th, 2014, 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Troy
Site Technical Administrator

Re: So sick of this!

Post by Troy »

Yeah, it's ticking me off too. I live beside a forested area and every time I go for a hike through it, I see numerous cigarette butts left along the trails.
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

You can report people who flick lit cigarette buts out their windows. Non emergency police line I believe. Get their license plate number
Lerfy
Board Meister

Post by Lerfy »

I saw a guy do it on my drive home and I almost got out of my car to scream at him at a light.
rbuttuls

Post by rbuttuls »

ticks me off to and I am a smoker. I put all my smokes out myself and I carry the butts until I find a garbage can. I dont even ash on the ground.
kumazatheef
Board Meister

Post by kumazatheef »

Honestly, call them in to the non-emergency line 250-762-3300 !!!
Be prepared with time of day, license plate, car make/model and direction they were heading in.

Sounds cliche, but could prevent you being the next one forced to evacuate.
Lazarus
Fledgling

Post by Lazarus »

kumazatheef wrote:Honestly, call them in to the non-emergency line 250-762-3300 !!!
Be prepared with time of day, license plate, car make/model and direction they were heading in.

Sounds cliche, but could prevent you being the next one forced to evacuate.

And it's a lot less paperwork than beating the stupid out of them no matter how satisfying that might be (says one of tonight's evacuees).
studdly
Fledgling

Post by studdly »

All I have to say is I have a dash cam recording every car in front of me. I already recorded at least a dozen idoits flicking the butts out the car window so dont be suprised when the RCMP come knocking.
kumazatheef
Board Meister

Post by kumazatheef »

Lazarus wrote:And it's a lot less paperwork than beating the stupid out of them no matter how satisfying that might be (says one of tonight's evacuees).

studdly wrote:All I have to say is I have a dash cam recording every car in front of me. I already recorded at least a dozen idoits flicking the butts out the car window so dont be suprised when the RCMP come knocking.

Evacuated in '09 for Glenrosa fire, evacuated tonight for this one ... my blood boils when I see cigs go flying out, it always prompts call to the non-emerg line, and they're pretty grateful for bringing it to their attention.
Good on ya with the dash cam, video evidence is hard to disprove ;)
studdly
Fledgling

Post by studdly »

Now that dash cams are coming more popular now, i wonder if this idoits will think twice before flicking and wondering if the car behind he/her is recording.
prairieflower
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by prairieflower »

studdly wrote:Now that dash cams are coming more popular now, i wonder if this idoits will think twice before flicking and wondering if the car behind he/her is recording.

Unfortunately, most do not give a rats a$$ what they are doing!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

thank you smokers the world is your ashtray
NOT
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

Yes because pavement is highly flammable...
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

Yeah, saw an old fart flipping a butt out of his pickup in West K on h97 this morning, he had a handicapped sign on the windshield, like if the smith creek fire wasn't smoking enough.

Saw lotsa texting chicks as well.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

removed.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Jul 18th, 2014, 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: careful. comments like such won't be tolerated.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.

Return to “2014 Fire Watch”