10 billion church prayers since 1964 - but not this, ever

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Re: 10 billion church prayers since 1964 - but not this, eve

Post by LANDM »

Thinktank wrote:America spent a pitiful $2 million last year removing their own bombs from Laos,
while 365 people died or got their legs blown off.

America gave Benny Hinn Ministries $100 million last year. Maybe Benny can say a prayer
so God can remove more bombs and save some lives.

]

And where did these ThinkTankFacts come from?

An amazing coincidence that it worked out to 1 per day exactly.....how many of those died and how many got legs blown off? Why were blown off arms not counted?

Discuss.
You and 71 others Like this post
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Maybe it's just another example of the "human condition" and how basic things like communal responsibility and compassion have taken second place to me-me-me ?
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Maybe the churches would pray for Laos bombs if Laos had more Christians.
Maybe all the churches think dead Laos children at a rate of one a day is less important
than what happens in their own little rich church where the parking lot is full of expensive
new vehicles.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Sige
Übergod

Post by Sige »

Thinktank wrote:There are 400,000 churches in America. If there are ten prayers per week, that's a total of 200 million prayers each year in America's churches. 10 billion prayers since 1964.

When we pray we usually tell God how thankful we are for the truth, for God's protection, goodness, mercy, and for God's holy spirit and God's word. We almost always ask God for blessings. We also say we're thankful Jesus died for our sins. But there's one sin we've never mentioned after 10 billion church prayers to God since 1964 - the sin America committed when we dropped 2 million tons of bombs on a small country of six million people - Laos. We've never asked God to remove those bombs for us - bombs that killed or injured 20,000 Laos people since 1964, and continue to kill or injure one person each day even now.

Nope. We keep telling God how thankful we are for good things, how sorry we are for our sins, and how we hope God will bless us, but we don't want to talk to God about those bombs in Laos. Not once, has any of the preachers in the 400,000 churches in America mentioned the Laos bombs to God. Maybe we're hoping God never noticed it.

Americans spent a record $56 billion on pets last year, $10.4 billion on cosmetic surgery, and we lose $6 billion each year at Las Vegas. On those three things alone, America spent 36,000 times MORE than they spent on removing bombs from Laos. Yup - we only spend a pitifully ridiculous $2 million removing the bombs we dropped on Laos.

So how about if one church in America, for the very first time, asks God for the money needed to remove those bombs that kill and blow the arms and legs off other human beings, 40% who are children. Do you think one church out of 400,000 will ask God that one request?

discuss

(note - this is a topic about church prayers, not Laos bombing)

I'm wondering how you *know* that no one prays to *their* god about these bombs?
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

^ because I know how all churches work.

and even if one guy mistakenly asked God to remove the bombs, it's been since 1970 and not
much has been done over there.

Funny how the church people think - give me this, oh God, give me that, oh God - bless us oh Lord
thank you Jesus, thank you Lord thank you God. But not a word about the mess we made in another country
that kills one/day.
maybe God won't know about it, if no one mentions it.

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Thinktank wrote:^ because I know how all churches work. A ThinkTank Fact!

and even if one guy mistakenly asked God to remove the bombs, it's been since 1970 and not
much has been done over there.

Funny how the church people think - give me this, oh God, give me that, oh God - bless us oh Lord
thank you Jesus, thank you Lord thank you God. But not a word about the mess we made in another country
that kills one/day.
maybe God won't know about it, if no one mentions it.

Have YOU prayed for it? Have YOU done anything to assist in the mess you made in another country? (Since you said "we" and I know I didn't make the mess, that only leaves you)

Since you have been praying for your uncles money and didn't get it, perhaps god doesn't listen?

Discuss.
You and 71 others Like this post
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Thinktank wrote: Maybe the churches would pray for Laos bombs if Laos had more Christians.

I thought you said this thread was not going to be about Laos bombings ?
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

I've never asked God to remove those bombs in Laos myself in my life.

I learned in church the bible says :
Galatians 1:8
But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

I figure those Buddhists in Laos should be cursed for not being Christian, and what better way to curse a country than to drop 2 million tons of bombs on them - they'll be suffering forever.

But this topic is about the churches, and their prayers. The churches should get out there and make it happen - clean up the bombs. The bible says :Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law. So I thought the churches would want to correct that huge mistake America made to it's neighbour, because if they don't correct it, God will never hear a word they say about anything else. It's in the churches best interests to start praying about that problem in Laos.

steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Thinktank wrote: I figure those Buddhists in Laos should be cursed for not being Christian, and what better way to curse a country than to drop 2 million tons of bombs on them - they'll be suffering forever.

You are definitely one little disturbed, and disturbing fellow.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Jul 22nd, 2014, 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Try again without the personal attack

Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

so anyway,
for the people not quite bright enough to understand sarcasm
the bible says other religions are cursed.
I'm thinking that might be the reason not one church out of 400,000 churches and 10 billion church
prayers since 1964 - not one church has prayed for God's help removing the millions of tons of bombs
dropped on six million poor people in Laos, that continues to kill and blow the legs off the people every
day.

If the people of Laos were Christians, it would have been different.

Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Oxl3y »

Thinktank wrote:so anyway,
for the people not quite bright enough to understand sarcasm
the bible says other religions are cursed.
I'm thinking that might be the reason not one church out of 400,000 churches and 10 billion church
prayers since 1964 - not one church has prayed for God's help removing the millions of tons of bombs
dropped on six million poor people in Laos, that continues to kill and blow the legs off the people every
day.

If the people of Laos were Christians, it would have been different.

How you can hope to invoke intelligent debate when your thread is so insane is the only question here. Do you have a recording of every prayer ever made? If not how could you possibly know what people are praying?

If you are trying to make a point just friggin spit it out instead of trying to look smart (and failing horribly I might add). If you are trying to say that the bombs are still there, so people aren't praying to remove them or god would have then just say that. Stop expecting people to discuss your inane ramblings.
[img] obviously too awesome to be displayed
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

steven lloyd wrote:discuss

^ that's his first three posts.

if that isn't a troll I don't know what is.

He's a troll because he's following your example of ending a majority of your posts with "discuss"? How about we stop with the name calling NOW and get back to what the thread is about.

Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Oxl3y wrote:Do you have a recording of every prayer ever made? If not how could you possibly know what people are praying?

I've been in enough churches to know what they pray about.

The typical church prayer goes something like this:
Oh Lord we are so thankful for this, that and the other thing.
We are thankful you died o the cross for our sins.
Please bless us for this that and the other thing.
Amen.

$billions of dollars are given to churches in Canada and USA.
Churches don't give one cent to removing bombs - dropped on Laos by the good christian nation of USA.

How much less complicated can this thread be?

oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Give it a rest. In case you forgot, this is what you stated in your OP.

Thinktank wrote:(note - this is a topic about church prayers, not Laos bombing)
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”