Thank You

Temporary forum for information and discussion about fire situations in the Okanagan.
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Thank You

Post by Catz »

Just wanted to start a thread to thank the firefighters, RCMP, and many, many volunters that helped to fight the Smith Creek Fire. What an amazing job you all did.

Catz
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Thank You

Post by mr.bandaid »

And thanks to the paramedics for being close by in case of an injury or illness with the other emergency workers.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
tjc

Post by tjc »

why limit this to only the smith creek fire
these resources deserve the same appreciation for all the fires the work on
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

That is true. I guess because i was so self centered around my house and friends I never thought past that. Thank you for pointing that out.
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Huge thank you to all those who helped our community during its time of need.
prairieflower
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by prairieflower »

What a great thread Catz...thank you!

We were watching the planes flying over Glenrosa to the east and watching them dump, dump and dump more retardent and water over and over. The men and women on the ground are so brave, as are the pilots in planes, helicopters etc. Listening to them on the link that was supplied on the one forum was pretty neat. The police who kept people out.

It is a horrfying experience not knowing what is happening, and the updates from emergency services, from Castanet's web page and the wonders of social media, everyone was kept up-to-date.

To all the firemen and fire women and pilots all over Canada and the US fighting these horrific fires all over right now.....Thank you! Your bravery cannot be matched!

So a big Thank You!! to all those involved and continue to make sure our community and other communities around us are safe!
Lazarus
Fledgling

Post by Lazarus »

Yep. Whoever they may be personally, everyone who steps up in a crisis like this is awesome in my book, in particular those who put their own lives on the line to help or protect others. That sort of behaviour is what makes a society great - the willingness to sacrifice one's own comfort and safety for the betterment or protection of others.

Return to “2014 Fire Watch”