Beer and food for the fireworkers?

Temporary forum for information and discussion about fire situations in the Okanagan.
BoB76
Guru

Beer and food for the fireworkers?

Post by BoB76 »

Ok.......So here is my little rant of the week.

Firefighters and others PAID for what they do. Get given a pile of beer for just doing their job.
Firefighters and others PAID for what they do. Get given free food while on the job.

The salvation army is feeding them? Give me a break. Aren't donations supposed to be for the needy? PACK a LUNCH when you go to work like the rest of the world!

I'm assuming they go to work because they get paid and love what they do (and likely don't expect above) so why do we feel the need to do this?

Does anyone every send Jo or the other moderators beer for putting up with all us posters? Probably not.....
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!
Lazarus
Fledgling

Re: Drunken Workers

Post by Lazarus »

removed.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Jul 21st, 2014, 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic comment removed
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

It's a valid question. If you don't like it, don't answer. simple.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
GardenMum
Board Meister

Post by GardenMum »

The food bank was giving teachers food after 3 days of striking, which is ridiculous!

WalMart and Canadian Tire were donating items to people displaced as a way to help, so if the Salvation Army, wants to help out by giving the fire fighters food, as a thank you, why not! I donate to Sally Ann and have no problem with my donation going to the fire fighters!
BoB76
Guru

Post by BoB76 »

Are these businesses stupid? What could you possibly need if you are evacuated from your house for 3 days? You get food vouchers etc so why would you need stuff donated by CDN tire. All it's about is advertising!
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!
tgm929
Board Meister

Post by tgm929 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jul 22nd, 2014, 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: public challenge on a moderator decision
Sige
Übergod

Post by Sige »

Speaking of sensational headlines...!!
barefoot_buckwild

Post by barefoot_buckwild »

I work everyday with these firefighters, and this disgusts me. These men and women take their job very seriously and would drop everything and anything in their life if they are needed on the line. These crews can go weeks without seeing their families or even sleeping in their own beds. Anyone who feels it necessary to bash these guys, I hope you one day are dependent on them to save your home, so maybe you learn some respect.
BoB76
Guru

Post by BoB76 »

barefoot_buckwild wrote:I work everyday with these firefighters, and this disgusts me. These men and women take their job very seriously and would drop everything and anything in their life if they are needed on the line. These crews can go weeks without seeing their families or even sleeping in their own beds. Anyone who feels it necessary to bash these guys, I hope you one day are dependent on them to save your home, so maybe you learn some respect.

I hope my house burns down so I can get insurance to build me a new one! They still should pack their own lunch like big boys do... The salvation army is there for people in need not people who couldn't be botherer to pack a lunch.
barefoot_buckwild

BoB76 wrote:I hope my house burns down so I can get insurance to build me a new one! They still should pack their own lunch like big boys do... The salvation army is there for people in need not people who couldn't be botherer to pack a lunch.

They are all responsible for bringing lunches, anything they receive from anywhere else is donated simply because people feel like it, not because they have ask for it. So before you attack the firefighters for being little boys, you should go talk to the salvation army and anywhere else that has donated food and ask them why they did it.
maggiedoon
Fledgling

Post by maggiedoon »

What about the crews from Ontario and Alberta that are here fighting the fire? Where are they being housed that they have access to facilities to make themselves a bagged lunch? The BC fire fighting crews get moved around the province and may not be going home at night - are we sure they have the ability to make a bagged lunch every morning?

Fire fighting is hard, hard work that requires more than a sandwich and a few cookies for a lunch. That someone is providing them with a substantial meal during or after their shift is fabulous. I've no idea what the rules are, but geeezzz, of all the things for someone to complain about!
tgm929
Board Meister

Post by tgm929 »

contact a mod via pm please. Thanks.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Jul 22nd, 2014, 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: comment removed.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

I wouldn't have a problem with the guys from out of town getting lunch but getting BEER delivered on our nickel if that is true is outrageous and disturbing you want beer after work go buy it like the rest of us I work hard and sweat all day to no one gives me free beer!
barefoot_buckwild

LTD wrote:I wouldn't have a problem with the guys from out of town getting lunch but getting BEER delivered on our nickel if that is true is outrageous and disturbing you want beer after work go buy it like the rest of us I work hard and sweat all day to no one gives me free beer!

Trust me, the government is not paying for beer for anyone.
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Post by WeatherWoman »

How about the volunteers? I know when my dad volunteered he wasn't being paid either it was a house fire or forest fire.
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan

Return to “2014 Fire Watch”