10 billion church prayers since 1964 - but not this, ever

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Re: 10 billion church prayers since 1964 - but not this, eve

Post by Thinktank »

*removed*
Last edited by Jo on Jul 22nd, 2014, 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: If you have a problem with moderation, contact the moderator via PM.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

US Catholic Church a $170 billion business

The church does not release financial data, but a lengthy report by The Economist last year said annual spending by the Vatican and church-owned entities in the U.S. alone was about $170 billion in 2010. While there are no hard data about the U.S. Catholic Church's annual revenue, Slate puts those spending numbers into some perspective -- noting that in fiscal 2012 Apple (AAPL +0.53%) had $157 billion in revenue and that only 16 companies have more than $170 billion in revenue.

the Jehova's Witnesses own $1 billion worth of real estate

yet not one church has prayed to God to remove those bombs that kill and blow the legs off
Laos people every day. USA spends only a pitiful $2 million removing their own bombs.
Does anyone know why?

And by the way - this thread which i started is about many things. If other threads can be about many
things, I'm sure this thread can also be about many things. It would be *bleep* if all threads were limited
to just one thing - don't you agree?

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

*removed*
Last edited by Jo on Aug 7th, 2014, 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off-topic
Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Oxl3y »

Thinktank wrote:
I've been in enough churches to know what they pray about.

The typical church prayer goes something like this:
Oh Lord we are so thankful for this, that and the other thing.
We are thankful you died o the cross for our sins.
Please bless us for this that and the other thing.
Amen.

$billions of dollars are given to churches in Canada and USA.
Churches don't give one cent to removing bombs - dropped on Laos by the good christian nation of USA.

How much less complicated can this thread be?

Then start a topic "Churches aren't paying to remove Laos bombs" if that's what you mean. Don't post some drivel about knowing the content of 10 billion prayers, it doesn't promote a reasonable debate as you can see.
[img] obviously too awesome to be displayed
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Thinktank wrote: And by the way - this thread which i started is about many things
Thinktank wrote: (note - this is a topic about church prayers, not Laos bombing)
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

so anyway

USA was spending $9 billion constructing new churches each year. Because of the recession
it's down to $3 billion. those churches usually stay empty for six days a week. I think Americans can easily
afford to clean up their mess in Laos and around the world.

What do you think?

$ = $1 million

total spent removing Laos bombs - ($2 million)
$$

*removed*
Last edited by Jo on Aug 7th, 2014, 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: endless $$$$ removed

Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

so the money is there

america is rich

all they need to do is ask God to do it

let's have all american and canadian churches to ask god
for that one simple request.

but how to do it?

1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

Rather than pray,why don't you go over there and start picking up bombs.
I'm sure we'll all pitch in and buy you a plane ticket.(one way)
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

A lot of times I've heard a preacher pray to God in church that he is
so looking forward to a rapture - so he can avoid all the suffering. Just fly
up into the sky and all the other sinners will suffer.

But Laos people are suffering - NOW - every day. I don't think Christians should ignore that.
Christians should be praying to solve the problem they created - every day.

What do you think?

LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

I think you should do something about it.

Discuss.
You and 71 others Like this post
Sige
Übergod

Post by Sige »

People EVERYWHERE are suffering. You still haven't given hard proof as to how you know no one has prayed for this...until you do I treat it as your opinion only, which you are entitled to of course.

I wonder - if you are so concerned, why don't YOU pray for them instead of wasting your time on starting threads about praying for them?
JonyDarko
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by JonyDarko »

Two working hands are more efficient than a million clasped in prayer.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

JonyDarko wrote:Two working hands are more efficient than a million clasped in prayer.

Two hands clasped in prayer - for real - are more efficient than a million hands clasped in prayer, in church, just going through the motions.

I still don't understand one thing. In church they pray:
Almighty God - the devil has no power over us. (BOOM - another guy got his legs blown off)
sickenss has no power over us . (BOOM - another guy got his legs blown off)
watch over us, father (BOOM - another guy got his legs blown off)
Direct our footsteps, father (BOOM - another guy got his legs blown off)

How come a little group of Christians living in USA or Canada expects God to give us so many good things,
when it is our own countries responsible for one person per day in a small Asian country to be blown up by a bomb? (BOOM - another guy got his legs blown off)

(BOOM - another guy got his legs blown off)

Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

(BOOM - another guy got his legs blown off)

Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

so I'm going to send this email to ten churches and see how they respond.

Hi,
Prayers in church are all the same, so I have a suggestion for a different type of Sunday prayer: Almighty God I am so thankful I live in North America. Lord you promised us abundance and we truly do have abundance. Our church parking lot is full of new expensive cars. Grocery stores are loaded with every food imaginable from all parts of the world. We fly on vacation to places like Hawaii, Mexico, and Europe - Lord life is good and prosperous here where we live.

And to make sure we live prosperous our corporations are in all countries of the world, selling them our products and often taking their resources for next to nothing. Our mining companies are in Guatemala making profit, our oil companies are in the middle east. We benefit from child slave labour in places like Africa and Bangladesh. Oh Lord Jesus, we are so thankful to have a government that is not so corrupt and we have freedom to do and buy anything we want. Our stores are full of products, Lord we have truly been blessed with abundance.

Lord, we are supposed to love our neighbour as ourselves, and the billion people on earth who are starving on $1.00/day are our neighbours. Lord the people of Laos who get blown up at a rate of one a day, since 1964, by the millions of bombs our government dropped on them from 1964 to 1970 are our neighbours. Heavenly father, we pray that you would speak to the hearts of the people in our government, and persuade them to take $hundreds of millions of dollars out of our very prosperous pockets, even $billions of dollars and use that money to remove those bombs, which we dropped on those people. Lord we dropped those bombs on them, and now we are asking you, Oh Lord, to make us remove the bombs no matter how much it costs. In Jesus name we ask this, Amen.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”