Kelowna one of the most godless places in the world

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?

What is Your Religious Affiliation?

Buddhist
1%
Christian (Catholic)
1%
Christian (Protestant)
14%
Christian (other)
9%
Wiccan
3%
Jewish
No votes
Muslim
1%
Sikh
No votes
Traditional (Aboriginal) Spirituality
3%
Other
5%
No Religious Affiliation
63%

Total votes: 94

Rosieodonell
Fledgling

Re: Kelowna is one of the most godless places in the world

Post by Rosieodonell »

Well, I have a group of people coming to me saying that there is a sky god. With no proof, I can't see if he is real or not. Until the people with the burden of proof show evidence, I am still skeptic. Same thing about medieval dragons, fairies and demons. People are free to keep believing what they want.

Love is a word and concept man created to show the bonding or deep intense feelings they have for another. You don't need proof of love since its an emotion. As an example, the Christian god is not an emotion (the concept might bring out emotions in others) but is stated as an all seeing being that just was(or wasn't created or the alpha presence) and created everything. If you want to measure love, scientist have mapped the human brain and areas responsible for when humans have this specific emotions.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Are we dumber than a sack of hammers here?
Glacier wrote:This is not a religious debate about who is right or wrong.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
OREZ
Lord of the Board

Post by OREZ »

Glacier wrote:Are we dumber than a sack of hammers here?
Glacier QUOTE: This is not a religious debate about who is right or wrong.

LOL!

A/Dumb as a sack of hammers for not being able to stay on topic?

B/Dumb as a sack of hammers for thinking we could have a discussion on Castanet about religion and stay on topic?

C/All of the above

ETA.

D/It's wrong to make insulting remarks about a sack of hammers.
Last edited by OREZ on Sep 10th, 2014, 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
spiritualteachers

Re: Kelowna is one of the most godless places in Canada

Post by spiritualteachers »

Gixxer wrote:Perfect lets keep it that way.

As someone who considers himself not affiliated to any religion but very spiritual and believing in an afterlife I say...that's great, people have free will to believe whatever they want and quite happy for them.

I find only the people who are shaky and unsure about their beliefs concern themselves over what others believe.
Rosieodonell
Fledgling

Post by Rosieodonell »

Or are the kind of people that worry what kind of laws people pass in the name of their religions. Thats my biggest issue and scare. You want to believe in an afterlife, shoot for the moon. But when you try to change law to discriminate others or prevent the change of laws to prevent discrimination then i have an issues with what you believe.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
OREZ
Lord of the Board

Post by OREZ »

Glacier wrote:This is not a religious debate about who is right or wrong.
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
ixler8
Board Meister

Post by ixler8 »

I'm a Seventh Day Horizontalist
Don't worry ,about a thing.
cause, every little thing is gonna be alright.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Hey WeatherWoman, did you know that the Victoria federal riding has the highest percentage of people whose religion is "other"? At 2%, this is significantly higher than the 1.5% in second place North Vancouver. The top 8 are all in the Vancouver, Victoria, and Nanaimo areas.

The Okanagan ridings are quite high as well. South Okanagan--West Kootenay comes in at 13th spot with 1.1% having "other" as their religion. Central Okanagan--Similkameen--Nicola is in 27th spot, Kelowna--Lake Country is in 36th spot, and North Okanagan--Shuswap is in 43rd spot. There are 338 ridings in Canada.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Post by WeatherWoman »

Apparently we also have the highest population of Wiccans.
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

WeatherWoman wrote:Apparently we also have the highest population of Wiccans.

I've heard that before. Let's assume that "other" means Wiccans.
- Douglas Murray
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Glacier...maybe ad to your list satanism, wicca and new age. These are the fastest growing religions among the young.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

averagejoe wrote:Glacier...maybe ad to your list satanism, wicca and new age. These are the fastest growing religions among the young.

Islam is the faster growing religion among young people. "no-religion" is the 2nd fastest among young people.

P.S. Here is an update to the graph on the last page with the Green party added.

politicsandreligion2.png
Last edited by Glacier on Sep 11th, 2014, 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Douglas Murray
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Why don't you change the poll and see the results? Satanism is huge among the young. I would say faster growing than Islam. You can see the symbols tattooed on them or the clothes their wearing. Just try and see on your poll.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Glacier, do you have any growth charts on the different religions?

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

averagejoe wrote:Why don't you change the poll and see the results? Satanism is huge among the young. I would say faster growing than Islam. You can see the symbols tattooed on them or the clothes their wearing. Just try and see on your poll.

Some would argue that Islam is the spawn of Satan. The book of Revelation was written to 7 churches in Turkey to warn them of the coming tribulation. Only one of those churches was given a promise to be protected from the hour of tribulation that was coming. The other 6 churches were crushed and utterly destroyed and its followers beheaded as Islam spread like a cancer across the entire Middle East destroying Zoroastrianism, Christianity, Judiasm, and Hinduism in its path. The 7th church managed to hang on until the 1920s when the remaining Christians relocated to Greece.

"I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands."
~ Revelation 20:4

But I digress.... As for graphing other religions, here are three...

politicsandreligion6.png

politicsandreligion4.png

politicsandreligion5.png
Last edited by Glacier on Sep 12th, 2014, 1:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”