Summerland Election

Temporary forum for civic elections
shakeman
Fledgling

Summerland Election

Post by shakeman »

With Mayor Perrino announcing at Mondays council meeting that she will not be seeking re-election this will make the upcoming election in Summerland wide open.

I just thought it an opportune time to start a Summerland election thread. The coming months will be very interesting in Summerland.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Re: Summerland Election

Post by Anonymous123 »

I think Peter Waterman should run.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
old boy
Fledgling

Post by old boy »

With Mayor Perrino not seeking re election,the whole dynamics at Council table are going to change in Summerland.
You will be hard pressed to come up with a new Mayor that was so dedicated to moving Summerland ahead out of the dark ages!!!Peter Waterman would be hard pressed to come any where near the dedication,leadership and vision of Mayor Perrino.
It certainly will be interesting times in the months leading up to the election in Nov.!!
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

shakeman wrote:With Mayor Perrino announcing at Mondays council meeting that she will not be seeking re-election this will make the upcoming election in Summerland wide open.

I just thought it an opportune time to start a Summerland election thread. The coming months will be very interesting in Summerland.

It'll be interesting to see how the next "tender" for the landfill will turn out!
old boy
Fledgling

Post by old boy »

("It'll be interesting to see how the next "tender" for the landfill will turn out![/quote]

Very small issue in the overall scheme of things in Summerland!!!
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

old boy wrote:("It'll be interesting to see how the next "tender" for the landfill will turn out!

Very small issue in the overall scheme of things in Summerland!!![/quote]

You're right. Next time it will be a small issue, because it will go to tender.
NextGen
Fledgling

Post by NextGen »

Anonymous123 wrote:I think Peter Waterman should run.

Well I would of thought Anonymous after learning how Waterman is a one-sided councilor and looks only to appease his minority group, you would make that kind of suggestion. Waterman is someone that is not for the whole community. It would be a joke if he ran, he is obviously disillusion to think Summerland residents would elect him.
“You're short on ears and long on mouth.”
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

NextGen wrote:

Well I would of thought Anonymous after learning how Waterman is a one-sided councilor and looks only to appease his minority group, you would make that kind of suggestion. Waterman is someone that is not for the whole community. It would be a joke if he ran, he is obviously disillusion to think Summerland residents would elect him.

Waterman would be what Litke is to Penticton. Both classic tragedies incapable of rational decisions.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
old boy
Fledgling

Post by old boy »

twobits wrote:

Waterman would be what Litke is to Penticton. Both classic tragedies incapable of rational decisions.

Lets not give Peter Waterman too much ink here,but what has anyone heard or is hearing about potential candidates not just for Mayor but for Council,as I suspect there could be some open seats there??
NextGen
Fledgling

Post by NextGen »

Perino was a great Mayor, not perfect and her shoes will be hard to fill, she will be missed.

Here’s their list I think is essential in having our Mayor in Summerland

1) Honest – A spotless past, strong ethics, transparent.

2) A leader – Charismatic, a mobilizing force, able to make unpopular decisions.

3) A person of action – Results driven, pragmatic, adopts a transformation strategy, quickly implements priority initiatives.

4) Effective manager – Efficient, realistic, knows how to surround him- or herself with the right people.

5) Focused on economic development – Can articulate a clear vision, convincing, gets involved in structuring flagship projects for the city. We need to continue with progress (NOT REGRESS) on rebuilding our community of Summerland.

6) A leader that listens to all demographics, the middles income, the poor and the elderly and wealthy, We don’t want someone that only commits himself or herself to special lobbyist groups here in Summerland.

Those are the qualities we should seek for a Mayor as residents of our community this coming election.
“You're short on ears and long on mouth.”
old boy
Fledgling

Post by old boy »

Anonymous123 wrote:

You're right. Next time it will be a small issue, because it will go to tender.

You must have a crystal ball,as I don't see that or any other issue coming up for sure!!
Madhue
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Madhue »

Truly, I'm happy to see our Mayor go, I'd like to see a few more of council move on as well.
Citizens of Summerland got hosed with the new RCMP building. Lots of nice storage in there.... And why hasn't the old property been sold off as promised? This was to offset the costs of the new building.... Our landfill is a joke, it needs to be more user friendly and i believe that opening it up to tender would have been a very healthy for that, I personally do what ever I can legally to avoid the Dump Nazis out there.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
RandyDandy
Fledgling

Post by RandyDandy »

Perino was a great Mayor, not perfect and her shoes will be hard to fill, she will be missed.

Here’s their list I think is essential in having our Mayor in Summerland

1) Honest – A spotless past, strong ethics, transparent.

2) A leader – Charismatic, a mobilizing force, able to make unpopular decisions.

3) A person of action – Results driven, pragmatic, adopts a transformation strategy, quickly implements priority initiatives.

4) Effective manager – Efficient, realistic, knows how to surround him- or herself with the right people.

5) Focused on economic development – Can articulate a clear vision, convincing, gets involved in structuring flagship projects for the city. We need to continue with progress (NOT REGRESS) on rebuilding our community of Summerland.

6) A leader that listens to all demographics, the middles income, the poor and the elderly and wealthy, We don’t want someone that only commits himself or herself to special lobbyist groups here in Summerland.

Those are the qualities we should seek for a Mayor as residents of our community this coming election.
Yeah, thanks Janice.
old boy
Fledgling

Post by old boy »

Madhue wrote:Truly, I'm happy to see our Mayor go, I'd like to see a few more of council move on as well.
Citizens of Summerland got hosed with the new RCMP building. Lots of nice storage in there.... And why hasn't the old property been sold off as promised? This was to offset the costs of the new building.... Our landfill is a joke, it needs to be more user friendly and i believe that opening it up to tender would have been a very healthy for that, I personally do what ever I can legally to avoid the Dump Nazis out there.

One needs to be careful what they wish for,we don't know what our choices are at this point???
The RCMP building was built to serve the community for the next 50yrs ,not just for needs of today or the near future,so I suspect there is some excess room at the moment,which is being rented out to other Govt agencies.The old property is in the process of being sold,from what I have heard.
As for the landfill,there is always room for improvement in any city service,and for sure this is one of them.Just remember the " Dump Nazi" goes by the rules and regs set by city staff and Council,he doesn't make the rules!!
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Madhue wrote: Our landfill is a joke, it needs to be more user friendly and i believe that opening it up to tender would have been a very healthy for that, I personally do what ever I can legally to avoid the Dump Nazis out there.

So.......in addition to having the solutions to saving Penticton with obscure references to following Burnaby's model of governance, without any stated plan on how you would emulate and duplicate such a model in a vastly different economic and demographic area, you also have the answer to Summerland's civic governance. You are truly a marvel. Single handedly you have the answer to attracting business in Penticton and you also know all about the shortfalls in civic politics in Summerland.

If you do not even know that the "dump nazis" have to follow provincial regulation, and it is the same scrutiny at all BC landfills, it speaks volumes about what you do know except huffing and puffing.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Return to “Civic Elections 2014”