Kelowna School Trustee Candidates

Temporary forum for civic elections

Which 4 candidates will you choose as Kelowna School Trustees?

Poll ended at Nov 14th, 2014, 5:01 pm

Aaltonen, Scott
4%
Aubin, Nicholas
13%
Brinkerhoff, Joyce
10%
Cacchioni, Rolli
16%
Drohomereski, Sharlene
1%
Gorman, Chris
8%
Mossman, Lee
14%
Pagliocchini, Peter
20%
Pendharkar, Murli
9%
Tiede, Lee-Ann
6%

Total votes: 109

pbear
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Kelowna School Trustee Candidates

Post by pbear »

Are you comfortable in saying who you think is a good choice Rwede? I am still on the fence about several of the candidates.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

I was considering Nicholas Aubin but
His no show at forums is not good either.

Trustees must be prepared to restructure personal lived to attend meetings.
Lunerose

Post by Lunerose »

Aubin also did not take the time to respond to questions sent out to candidates by the COPAC. The answers provided are posted here: http://www.copac.sd23.bc.ca/Pages/spnew ... x?ItemID=5

Mossman is very logical, he answered all the questions at the forum i attended very well thought out. He's taken the time to inform himself and has been involved in his daughters schools.

George+ wrote:Peter P. Was away from both of the forums I attended.
He should choose to campaign or attend graduations.

That's not fair. His daughter will graduate with her masters from McGill only once in his lifetime. He should not be faulted for choosing to celebrate her accomplishment in the slightest. He sent a prepared statement with his son, which is more than other absent candidates did. (no statement from absentee candidates Chris Gorman or Nicholas Aubin at the COTA/COPAC forum I attended.)
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

pbear wrote:Are you comfortable in saying who you think is a good choice Rwede? I am still on the fence about several of the candidates.

As I posted earlier, I think Nick Aubin is one of the few with the economic knowledge to balance spending with budgets.

I know when a guy like Georeg disses him that I should support him, as Georeg and I have polar opposite views on the definition of "financial accountability."
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

As stated above he is too much of a 'no show'.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 3rd, 2014, 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
KGT
Lord of the Board

Post by KGT »

Kelowna Now is profiling trustee candidates. Here is Peter Pagliocchini.

http://www.*bleep*.com/news/news/Civ ... gliocchini
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Okey. Thanks.
Sounds good.
Hope he makes the other forums.
KGT
Lord of the Board

Post by KGT »

I can't go to the forum tonight (Nov. 4). If anyone attends, can you share what you learned? Let us know who showed up and who didn't? Thanks.
Lunerose

Post by Lunerose »

Attended the forum tonight. Scott Aaltonen, Nick Aubin, Joyce Brinkerhoff, Rolli Cacchioni, Sharlene Droheromeski, Lee Mossman, Murli Pendarkhar were in attendance, statements were read from Chris Gorman, and Lee-Ann Tiede.

Nick Aubin cleared up his reason for not having attended the last forum Thursday night as their PAC had an event that night and the stove broke! He ended up cooking 300 hotdogs on his barbecue to feed the kids at their school event. (Awww...bonus points from me!)

I believe we have responses from all candidates on the COPAC site now too. I suspect that a couple candidates might have read my post here saying we had no response from them because lo and behold a few hours later...we got a response to our questions.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

George+ wrote:I was considering Nicholas Aubin but
His no show at forums is not good either.

Trustees must be prepared to restructure personal lived to attend meetings.

Lunerose wrote:Nick Aubin cleared up his reason for not having attended the last forum Thursday night as their PAC had an event that night and the stove broke! He ended up cooking 300 hotdogs on his barbecue to feed the kids at their school event. (Awww...bonus points from me!)

Anyone else think that George owes Mr Aubin an apology?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
KGT
Lord of the Board

Post by KGT »

Lunerose wrote:Attended the forum tonight. Scott Aaltonen, Nick Aubin, Joyce Brinkerhoff, Rolli Cacchioni, Sharlene Droheromeski, Lee Mossman, Murli Pendarkhar were in attendance, statements were read from Chris Gorman, and Lee-Ann Tiede.

Nick Aubin cleared up his reason for not having attended the last forum Thursday night as their PAC had an event that night and the stove broke! He ended up cooking 300 hotdogs on his barbecue to feed the kids at their school event. (Awww...bonus points from me!)

I believe we have responses from all candidates on the COPAC site now too. I suspect that a couple candidates might have read my post here saying we had no response from them because lo and behold a few hours later...we got a response to our questions.

Peter Pagliocchini arrived home from Montreal late last night and was unable to attend the forum.
Lunerose

Post by Lunerose »

It's too bad Mr P couldn't attend any of the forums because I really would have liked to hear his responses to some of the Pugh questions the candidates were given. I think you certainly learn a lot from seeing how people perform under pressure at forums.

I didn't attend the Rutland forum, can anyone tell me who was in attendance there?
Trustee Moyra Baxter

Post by Trustee Moyra Baxter »

I have attended all the Kelowna Forums - as I have been elected by acclamation this time around I am in a position to sit back and look at the trustee candidates.

First of all, the turn out at the Trustee Forums has been abysmal, but unfortunately that's always the way. Last night, I was impressed by the candidates - it really seems that all of them want to make a difference in the School District and for students. Their answers were thoughtful, with incumbents obviously having more background information than the new candidates.

There have been comments about those who have missed two or three of the forums. The only one who has said where he was, is Pagliocchini , and it unfortunate that he could not have made it to at least one of the events. Tiede and Gorman have sent comments to be read out, but it's not the same as answering questions on the fly.

Tiede, Pagliocchini and Aubin have attended the last few Board Meetings, but I don't think any of the others have.

I'm not sure that any of the new candidates have any idea of the time and effort needed to be an effective trustee. It is not just attending Board Meetings. If they're elected, they'll soon find out, and it will be up to them how much time they spend. Over the years I've seen it all. Trustees who only came to Board meetings twice a month and opened their agenda packages at the beginning of the meeting (those were the days when our Agenda were snail-mailed to us!) The trustee who disappeared fro three months to teach in China. One who said that trustees should never go into schools. I could write a book!

Most of the people I have worked with have been committed and took their role as a governor/employer very seriously. I believe that I can work with whoever is elected, as part of the Board Team.
Trustee Moyra Baxter

Post by Trustee Moyra Baxter »

Lunerose wrote:It's too bad Mr P couldn't attend any of the forums because I really would have liked to hear his responses to some of the Pugh questions the candidates were given. I think you certainly learn a lot from seeing how people perform under pressure at forums.

I didn't attend the Rutland forum, can anyone tell me who was in attendance there?

I think everyone was there except Mr P.

Return to “Civic Elections 2014”