Lake Country municipal election

Temporary forum for civic elections
omisimaw
Guru

Re: Lake Country municipal election

Post by omisimaw »

omisimaw wrote:You said Penny bailed then you say she stayed....

and it is still not known .... stayed or bailed....

although with Penny if you knew the lady it would not be bailed but busy... she is a very involved, dedicated, hardworking lady who has done wonders for the district, the region and the industry she so loves.

X on the ballot for Gambell
To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else. - David A. Bednar
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Good grief! Do I have to post a friggin picture for you, Omni?

I said all the incumbents EXCEPT FOR PENNY bailed.

That would mean PENNY GAMBELL STAYED.

Geesh! If you can't understand that, it says something about your ability to vote, too.

And, you proved me right: you are despicable to denounce Jayson for caring for a loved one in Kelowna. How cold-hearted of you.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Here's an interesting endorsement.

Keli Westgate, with whom I am impressed even though her political spectrum position is opposite to mine, has endorsed Jayson McCarthy for Mayor.

I think that will help voters understand that even people from the further left-leaning side of politics are in support of a change in DLC's leadership, with someone of a stronger business background than the incumbent.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

Rwede wrote:Good grief! Do I have to post a friggin picture for you, Omni?

I said all the incumbents EXCEPT FOR PENNY bailed.

That would mean PENNY GAMBELL STAYED.

Geesh! If you can't understand that, it says something about your ability to vote, too.

And, you proved me right: you are despicable to denounce Jayson for caring for a loved one in Kelowna. How cold-hearted of you.

Good grief yourself, you are the one that wrote the misleading post and you were the one that was asked a civil question to clarify.
If you want to get your hackles up over the issue then go for it but if you continue to want to make it personal then you know what comes next.
You are the only one making up a story for Jayson living in Kelowna but it just plain and simple does not matter..... he resides in Kelowna. Look at his nomination papers, Kelowna is not a simple mailing address or temporary residence it is his residence.
Keep your little drama to yourself and stay on topic.
Read his bio and you will see, his connections to Lake Country are centered on real estate development, his stated profession, and ANY community should be very very careful with having someone with these type of credentials on their council let alone sitting in the Mayors chair.
IF he succeeds I foresee a ton of concerns ... one of which is conflict of interest.....
To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else. - David A. Bednar
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

Rwede wrote:Here's an interesting endorsement.

Keli Westgate, with whom I am impressed even though her political spectrum position is opposite to mine, has endorsed Jayson McCarthy for Mayor.

I think that will help voters understand that even people from the further left-leaning side of politics are in support of a change in DLC's leadership, with someone of a stronger business background than the incumbent.

Change for the sake of change is never a good thing especially when these stronger business endeavours could easily lead to many questions in the future.

LOL another non resident running for office.... she lives in Coldstream.... if she wants to run for local office, just like McCarthy then they should be throwing their hats into their local area.

Really that is the best Oyama has to offer? Maybe Big Al needs to dust off his come to town cloths!
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Thanks to the link to the Lake Country elections page, I've discovered that the financial contributors to both Baker and Scarrow include the Transit Union in the last election.

Unions that stand to profit from political decisions, that's clear. Did these candidates excuse themselves from any and all discussions on transit?
fsbo

Post by fsbo »

Speaking of Scarrow did anyone read the Q & A he answered in the calendar?

http://www.lakecountrycalendar.com/muni ... 97872.html

The best answers are 3 and 5
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

fsbo wrote:Speaking of Scarrow did anyone read the Q & A he answered in the calendar?

http://www.lakecountrycalendar.com/muni ... 97872.html

The best answers are 3 and 5

Yikes. I mean, YIKES!

ELECTION 2014: Candidate Q and A: Bill Scarrow for councillor-at-large

by Editorial - Lake Country Calendar

posted Oct 28, 2014 at 2:00 PM

1. What is the biggest issue facing Lake Country in the next four years.

Infrastructure (phase 3 Main St.), economic growth (development on Main etc.), and cultural development (securing and planning parkway) are all important and big so I would have to say a balanced approach by council is imperitive.

2. What is the biggest issue facing your specific ward?

The biggest issue facing the Wards could be retaining there unique brand within our community, although that never seem's to be a problem for Oyama.....More seriously I feel water source protection and expansion are essential in all wards. Our progress with our water systems has been exellent in the last 19 years but so much more needs to occur.

3. How do you think Lake Country should go about attracting business?

Simple ....just be Lake Country no incentives needed.

4. Do you support the restructuring that took place in the last municipal term in Lake Country municipal hall? Why or why not?

I was not a part of the restructuring so I don`t know many details... just the results. My only thought is that if your organization is going to downsize make sure you go far enough, it is easier to add staff later than go through a second downsizing.

5. Why should voters vote for you over any of the other choices available on the ballot this year?

I ask myself that all the time.

George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Scarrow gives honest answers and is well respected in the community.

The unions simply recognize good leadership.

Getting rid of them by cutting and hacking simply creates chaos.

Jayson McCarthy has very limited experience. Reminds me of Basran.

And...yes, I have lived in Lake Country.

James Baker is a solid leader.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

George+ wrote:Scarrow gives honest answers and is well respected in the community.

The unions simply recognize good leadership.

Getting rid of them by cutting and hacking simply creates chaos.

Jayson McCarthy has very limited experience. Reminds me of Basran.

And...yes, I have lived in Lake Country.

James Baker is a solid leader.

So I guess you'll have to ask the current mayor and council why they fired so many employees, in a massive cut and hack job.

It would be rather hypocritical of you to throw support behind Baker and then defend his cutting and hacking of so many loyal, longterm employees.
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

Not everyone saw the employees as you state.... and being somewhere a long time does not mean they are productive and doing their job ... nor does it mean they are truly loyal....
PLUS, Baker did not just walk in one day, like an independent business owner, and say here ya go here is your pink slip...

AND, not all taxpayers are displeased with the change.... some felt it has and was a long time coming but was never going to happen under the former CAO.... who now wants a chance to be a councilor.....
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Well, we know you'll vote for Baker and his Old Boys' Club, but the support for change is sure loud and clear on social media sites and with the people I spoke with at the candidates' forum. Not one said they want Baker and his gang back in, not one!

You decided not to attend, so you are certainly in no position to comment on anything that was said.

I'm looking forward to the changes that are going to happen Nov 15th. The support for change in DLC is way ahead of the support for same old (and I mean OLD) and the results aren't going to make *removed* happy.
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

Thanks to technology it is no longer necessary for people to be personally present to know what was said and what went on, other than in personal little coffee circles of like minds in a foyer. Maybe you should have followed the crowd up to Woodys or down to Turtle Bay for the whole story of what is going on in the community LOL...
Bringing back the old and sadly redundant and controversial or supporting non residents for the sake of change is going backwards in a highly expedient manner. Especially when both have grudges.... and do not for one minute say Jason was thrilled at the results, the pie in the sky take over Wood Lake development results.... be somewhat fortuitous to be a land developer and be on the Council now wouldn't it....
Ever seen the show The Devil You Know....
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Is the McCarthy drining range legal?
oatesang

Post by oatesang »

Rwede - I like you, you make me smile, very intelligent, very fair, well thought out answers to comments, I am enjoying reading them.

Omisimaw - Not so much. You're harshing my mellow. I can answer your comment to my last post "OMG, are you for real?" by saying, Yes, actually, I am for real, unlike yourself who I assume orbits the planet Defeo. The language in your comment leaves a lot to be desired, it is not necessary to talk about bodily fundtions to descibe your displeasure, we understand that you are upset, so am I, but I try to be a bit more delicate, see my description below.

Your statements regarding the education status of the district staff (past and present) shows that you think experience is not worth much. Remember that while these managers were studying at University for years, the people who they now manage, were actually learning the jobs from the ground up, that should be respected, not sneered at. Your insinuation that they are worth less is insulting beyond belief. Education does not equal intelligence or business sense, Steve Jobs, Richard Branson and Bill Gates all dropped out of school or college and I don't think anyone would consider them uneducated!!

I don't know who you are, but I am sure anyone will be able to recocognize you the next time you are out for a walk with Defeo, you will be the one with your nose firmly lodged up his Keister. Are you two in love? Well, I suppose it is nice that someone likes him.

And the pair of you need to get a job, you spend far too much time on these forums, and it is taking too much of my time reading them all!!!

Return to “Civic Elections 2014”