Can a Jehovah Witness explain this?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
LilyJ

Re: Can a Jehovah Witness explain this?

Post by LilyJ »

I'm studying the bible with jw's in my 4th year! Go ahead and ask me a question.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Welcome to the forums!

I've had the JWs stop by my house on occasion. Nice decent folks, but I think they put too much faith in their leaders in New York. No human has all the answers to life's big questions, so I get a little concerned when the ones that come to my door seem to have complete trust in what the men who run the watchtower society say (even when inaccurate).

---------------------------
Dear friends, do not believe everyone who claims to speak by the Spirit. You must test them to see if the spirit they have comes from God. For there are many false prophets in the world.
~ 1 John 4:1

edit: fixed reference.
Last edited by Glacier on Nov 6th, 2014, 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
OREZ
Lord of the Board

Post by OREZ »

LilyJ wrote:I'm studying the bible with jw's in my 4th year! Go ahead and ask me a question.

My only question would be this; Have you been studying the Bible (In context) or only studying the Watchtower excerpts? (Just so you know, I've had many extensive discussions with several JWs over the years. In fact, my wife was a JW when I met her) I came to some (and only some) of the same conclusions that the Watchtower teaches on my own, years before I knew what they even believed, but as for the organization itself? NO THANK YOU!
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
LilyJ

Post by LilyJ »

Thanks for welcoming me to this discussion!

Ones relationship with the living God is apparel. You do what you can in this life to become presentable and worship him as Jesus told us too! What a grand life we have, imitate the son and worship the father. God has a kingdom that is coming to tear down and destroy all other kingdoms once and for all and he's going to have to have humans governing that kingdom. The organization is our govt on the rise. Please do not discourage me because I am happy to learn the bible from some ppl who take their worship seriously. I let everyone be who they are and don't discourage their way of living. Be happy for ppl who can pick up the bible and decide to learn a out the living God. True religion gives a righteous standard, of how to live your life that pleases God. I do hope your way of life pleases you and that you find true happiness through he bible
Agape
LilyJ

Post by LilyJ »

A good true leader lets others lead. I find the organization of Jehovah's witnesses are doing a fine job! Rather spectacular actually. Every great event that takes place in this life must have ppl organizing it. Shall we do nothing in the meantime and just wait for God to show up!! Jesus Christ himself had to show up just to show ppl god works through ppl. Maybe it's because I'm a woman and I like having others take the lead why I can respect an organization and follow Jesus through an imperfect ppl who do their best to be pleasing to the living God. It just makes sense to have an organization help 8 million ppl make better decisions everyday as we practice for the paradise earth. It's good to be a good person in All aspects of life. Especially fine tuning your lifestyle to God's standards. Putting away all the false practices of the worldly influences. Before I even met any jw's I use to think to myself. Who is the world to dictate my right to give gifts. Why should I have to open up my pocket book because the world says its Christmas time now, time to give gifts! No no no. I guess deep down, I was a witness in waiting. It's quite a feeling to be free from all the pressures of the world. Now I just have to clean up and make myself presentable before God so that if I should die. I will be remembered.
Thanks for hearing me out
Peace to you all
Lilyj
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

LilyJ wrote:... Please do not discourage me because I am happy to learn the bible from some ppl ...

Don't get too happy. If there's one thing we absolutely know to be true about all religious people including JWs - they love money.

They don't like celebrating Christmas or birthdays - they still love money.
They don't like singing the national anthem at hockey games - they still love money.

Twenty five years ago, a JW got several other JWs in Penticton to invest money in his company
that was going to make those JWs lots of profit. But things went wrong in the real estate industry
and all the JWs lost all their money. See - when you study the bible three times/week with other JWs and pray
hundreds of times with other JWs, you begin to trust only JWs. It's that way in all churches.

One of the old JWs lost $200,000 ( a;ll his life's savings)- and died a week later. The lesson to remember - all Christians love money no matter how many times/week they have 'meetings.'

all Christians love money no matter how many times/week they have 'meetings.'
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

One of the things that amazes me about all JWs and all other Christians - they're
always talking about a rapture and they're always saying 'the end is near' but they
still keep going for as much money as they can get. If the end is really near - why do they need so much money?

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

Every time ^^^ this guy^^^ talks of people ripping him off of his hard earned cash,it makes me smile and puts me in a good mood for the rest of the day.
So thanks for that.
A fool and his money are soon parted :-)
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

LilyJ wrote:
Ones relationship with the living God is apparel. You do what you can in this life to become presentable and worship him as Jesus told us too! What a grand life we have, imitate the son and worship the father.

What do JW's think happens to people who follow this but are not JW's?
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

zzontar wrote:What do JW's think happens to people who follow this but are not JW's?

That's easy. If you're not JW - you go directly to hell. You don't collect $200.00.

Steve-O
Übergod

Post by Steve-O »

1nick wrote:Every time ^^^ this guy^^^ talks of people ripping him off of his hard earned cash,it makes me smile and puts me in a good mood for the rest of the day.
So thanks for that.
A fool and his money are soon parted :-)

Did you see the thread he started cuz his knickers are in a knot over a ticket he received in the mail for running a red light? One word for it: karma.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Thinktank wrote:That's easy. If you're not JW - you go directly to hell. You don't collect $200.00.

anyone want to comment on this?

1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

[quote="Steve-O"]
Did you see the thread he started cuz his knickers are in a knot over a ticket he received in the mail for running a red light? One word for it: karma.[/quote]

I've found it best not to read all that "the toad" posts.
Namely for fear that he may be contagious.
OREZ
Lord of the Board

Post by OREZ »

Thinktank wrote:That's easy. If you're not JW - you go directly to hell. You don't collect $200.00.

anyone want to comment on this?

I can. (Even though I'm not a JW.) You're wrong, Jw's don't believe in hell the way most of the christian religion does. You obviously don't know anything about their teachings so you shouldn't put words in their mouths or anyone's mouth. Let people speak for themselves.
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Thinktank wrote:anyone want to comment on this?

Are you really asking for others to tell you how obtuse you are?

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”