Can a Jehovah Witness explain this?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Can a Jehovah Witness explain this?

Post by Thinktank »

No one goes to heaven but 144,000 Jehovah's Witnesses.

That's what they believe. ^

http://www.bible.ca/Jw-Wont-Tell.htm
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Participation in any civil holidays, mothers day, birthdays brings condemnation of God.

I bet JWs think Remembrance Day is wrong.

The Watchtower Society is the only source of truth on earth today and your soul will be destroyed if you refuse their organization.

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
OREZ
Lord of the Board

Post by OREZ »

Thinktank wrote:One of the things that amazes me about all JWs and all other Christians - they're
always talking about a rapture

Actually, most if not all of the JW's I have talked to have never heard the term rapture in that context.
Thinktank wrote: and they're always saying 'the end is near' but they
still keep going for as much money as they can get. If the end is really near - why do they need so much money?

The organization has many faults but asking for money is much lower on the priority list for them than many other religions.
I detect a lot of confusion and misinformation in your posts about this. You should do some research before you say anything else or you will indeed continue to look very foolish and be the source of more ridicule.

But then again... do what you want, I don't think it matters, really.
Last edited by OREZ on Nov 6th, 2014, 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
OREZ
Lord of the Board

Post by OREZ »

Thinktank wrote:No one goes to heaven but 144,000 Jehovah's Witnesses.

That's what they believe. ^

You really don't have a clue what they teach, do you?
... Don't answer that, I already know.
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

OREZ wrote: The organization has many faults but asking for money is much lower on the priority list for them than many other religions.

How did they get $1 billion worth of real estate?

OREZ
Lord of the Board

Post by OREZ »

OREZ wrote: The organization has many faults but asking for money is much lower on the priority list for them than many other religions.

Thinktank wrote:How did they get $1 billion worth of real estate?

Well, first of all: you make statements as if you know what you're talking about when I can see that you obviously don't. So why should I even believe that you're correct here about the $1 billion in real estate without any proof?

Secondly: I couldn't really give a rat's a$$ if they do have $1 billion in real estate since they've never asked for a dime from me or anyone I know, unlike many other religious groups.

Third and final comment: I'm not going to be goaded into defending an organization to which I do not subscribe and with whom I have no intention of even so much as investing another minute of my time discussing theology. Why? Because, unlike you, I actually did my research and I can now hold the opinions which I have from a basis of knowledge, not because I just like to *bleep*/u/me.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

I checked the JW official website:

In addition to gifts of money and valuable personal property, there are other methods of giving to benefit Kingdom service worldwide. These are listed below.

Insurance: A donation made by specifying an entity used by Jehovah’s Witnesses as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy or a retirement/pension plan.

Bank Accounts: Bank accounts, certificates of deposit, or individual retirement accounts set up as a trust or made payable on death to an entity used by Jehovah’s Witnesses in accord with local bank requirements.

Stocks and Bonds: Stocks and bonds donated to an entity used by Jehovah’s Witnesses as an outright gift or by means of a Transfer on Death agreement.

Real Estate: Salable real estate donated to an entity used by Jehovah’s Witnesses, either by making an outright gift or, in the case of residential property, by reserving a life estate to the donor, who can continue to live in the residence during his or her lifetime.

I like how they suggest real estate as a possible thing to give them.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2013843

Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Christmas season is approaching.

If anyone who has heard what a difficult year I have had would like
to donate something to me - real estate would be a good idea.

I wouldn't mind some real estate.

Xia33
Übergod

Post by Xia33 »

Thinktank wrote:I checked the JW official website:

In addition to gifts of money and valuable personal property, there are other methods of giving to benefit Kingdom service worldwide. These are listed below.

Insurance: A donation made by specifying an entity used by Jehovah’s Witnesses as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy or a retirement/pension plan.

Bank Accounts: Bank accounts, certificates of deposit, or individual retirement accounts set up as a trust or made payable on death to an entity used by Jehovah’s Witnesses in accord with local bank requirements.

Stocks and Bonds: Stocks and bonds donated to an entity used by Jehovah’s Witnesses as an outright gift or by means of a Transfer on Death agreement.

Real Estate: Salable real estate donated to an entity used by Jehovah’s Witnesses, either by making an outright gift or, in the case of residential property, by reserving a life estate to the donor, who can continue to live in the residence during his or her lifetime.

I like how they suggest real estate as a possible thing to give them.

doesn'[t seem to me to be much different than the cancer society wants and harrasses elderly people about. lolol
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Just wondering - someone asks a question about kids playing - why would the discussion end up about real estate.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Thinktank wrote:Christmas season is approaching.

If anyone who has heard what a difficult year I have had would like
to donate something to me - real estate would be a good idea.

I wouldn't mind some real estate.

Remembrance Day comes first - one holiday at a time.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
A1-humor

Post by A1-humor »

MyWorld wrote:Does this religion support that type of segregation?

Many false cults/sects insist on "protecting" their followers
from those who are outside of their organization.
This is one method of keeping them spiritually blind, and in captivity.

When out evangelizing, they have a seasoned follower accompanying a novice
to protect the latter from possibly being swayed/confused by someone.
The segregation is for protection from outside influences.
Humor can be of tremendous benefit for a troubled person
... but sorry, not so much when it comes to spiritual matters.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”