ForKelowna

Temporary forum for civic elections
3 B's

Re: ForKelowna

Post by 3 B's »

Partmanpartfish wrote:In a nutshell.

Right-wing pressure group: "We want you to vote for a lad who has never run so much as a peanut stand."

Right-wingers: "OK Masters!!"

OMG!! You are literally chasing your tail. All one needs to do is tape you and press ON. Same crap over and over and over.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

3 B's wrote:
OMG!! You are literally chasing your tail. All one needs to do is tape you and press ON. Same crap over and over and over.

truth hurts eh. and on another note, why do you even care since it says you live in westbank ...errr...west kelowna!
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

3 B's wrote:

Logitack wrote:truth hurts eh. and on another note, why do you even care since it says you live in westbank ...errr...west kelowna!

She probably forgot to change the location when they career moved back to Kelowna.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
jamapple
Übergod

Post by jamapple »

...you should not be there so you can line your pockets or enhance your own personnel business interests or think of yourself as "glamorous".

From what I can gather, this is exactly what Mr. Basran is doing. So, if this is voting criteria, maybe you shouldn't vote for him. Just sayin".
Mtn Biker
Übergod

Post by Mtn Biker »

3 B's wrote:OMG!! You are literally chasing your tail. All one needs to do is tape you and press ON. Same crap over and over and over.

Mostly because it takes a lot longer to penetrate some skulls, no different than one's teacher probably had to do. Repetition has been proven to be a valuable learning technique.

I am learning first hand why my father refused to allow politics to be spoke about the dinner table. It does get personal in a hurry. What ForKelowna represents is a group who believe they are right and have the financial wherewithal to see we swallow their message. I can't be force fed, just goes against my democratic nature. I think for myself. So it's basically on that principle alone I say I am out.

When I look at who they chose, I tend to disagree (laugh really). All sheep. All followers. Not a single leader among them. Sieben had a chance but contradicted himself and what he said his motives were when we spoke prior to his joining the "Anointed Ones" . . . at Rutland. Donn is just looking to build "his brand" and really not the focus I'd vote for. The woman are an improvement over the ones anointed last time, but again it's the perception of what's in it for them . . . that I question. There are other equally qualified woman seeking seats that would go ahead of Gray and Thurnheer. Gray is a name I can't vote for. Thurnheer is too much the A type personality, otherwise I'd say she would have long tenure in one of those organizations she ran. To see so much turn over says she has an expiry date and will want to have her say, for the sake of having it, not of its value. So not too impressed.

There are 30 people running for council. These 4 are not the cream of the crop. They are the ones who answered the "interview" question correctly. Wink, wink.

It's funny, do they not think there are bright people running for council, of whom they interviewed, would not speak of the process. Come on folks it's a magic trick, slight of hand.

There are other choices, consider:
Kennedy
Monk
Itani
Chung
Kendell
Last edited by Mtn Biker on Nov 12th, 2014, 9:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

I would add Hodge and Mossman to this list.
Mtn Biker
Übergod

Post by Mtn Biker »

This little tidbit taken from the Question #8 - Ryan Dunn's response:

"... Let's start with the truth that at the core of our culture we love our cars. For all the chatter and investment in transit and walkable communities, given the choice, most of us would choose to drive three blocks rather than walk or bike. It's crazy but true. Most candidates, including me, are talking about walkable communities where folks can live, work and play. We already have consensus building with that topic but we have lots of work to do. Cycle routes, car share initiatives, carless incentives will all be part of our initial topics as we converse about this at the council level...."

Wow how offensive and obtuse.

Frankly Ryan, I strive for the opposite of your claims and if most of us did we'd gain far more than lose. You clearly show the weakness of your platform and lack of merit to be a councillor with that beauty. I am not interested in those who believe we should build our cities on the backs of fossil fuels. Quite the opposite. That is what followers do, maybe it's time for a council of leaders. You show you're not.
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

Mtn Biker wrote:This little tidbit taken from the Question #8 - Ryan Dunn's response:

"... Let's start with the truth that at the core of our culture we love our cars. For all the chatter and investment in transit and walkable communities, given the choice, most of us would choose to drive three blocks rather than walk or bike. It's crazy but true. Most candidates, including me, are talking about walkable communities where folks can live, work and play. We already have consensus building with that topic but we have lots of work to do. Cycle routes, car share initiatives, carless incentives will all be part of our initial topics as we converse about this at the council level...."

Wow how offensive and obtuse.

Frankly Ryan, I strive for the opposite of your claims and if most of us did we'd gain far more than lose. You clearly show the weakness of your platform and lack of merit to be a councillor with that beauty. I am not interested in those who believe we should build our cities on the backs of fossil fuels. Quite the opposite. That is what followers do, maybe it's time for a council of leaders. You show you're not.

Did you not read the rest of the quote? He's saying that for all the talk of creating "walkable" cities, there is still a car-first mentality that has to be overcome. Which is 100% true. Hardly a "yay congestion" response.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

I will not vote for somebody that has this "Gregor Robertson" mentality.... lets inconvenience the movement of the automobile. Sorry to tell all of you hypocritical tree huggers that the automobile will NEVER go away. Very few people live and work in a proximity that enables walking to work....that is fact. To many people running for an elected position feel they have to entertain the vocal minority. No matter what is done today as far as environmental issues is a far cry better than what it was 20 years ago.....10 years ago.......5 years ago. Its just that to the anti everything group there is no satisfying and as far as I am concerned I do my part but I will not go broke for their sake. "Going green" should be rephrased "taking my green".

I know this is off topic and sure to light a fire under the anti everything people but if I found oil under my house....you better believe it is going to be pumped out.

Again....people running for office will lie and say just about anything to get elected.
Mtn Biker
Übergod

Post by Mtn Biker »

Gilchy wrote:Did you not read the rest of the quote? He's saying that for all the talk of creating "walkable" cities, there is still a car-first mentality that has to be overcome. Which is 100% true. Hardly a "yay congestion" response.

I think this part says it all. The part that begins with ... "most people" would rather drive.....

There's the point, until our leaders start riding a bike when they can, why should anyone else? When they come right out and say we are married to our cars, and let people off the hook, or join them, how are we going to reduce emissions? He claims to be a leader, right! You think the air is going to get better is we put more cars in the valley? Seriously give one's head a wobble because I know air gets trapped and we breath it all day. I say it's better if we ride a bike more. Better for all.
Carmencat
Übergod

Post by Carmencat »

It was funny to hear Blanleil once again on Phil Johnson's show this morning stumping for his buddy Colin. (The person who he was seven years off regarding Basran's actual age - because he knows so much about Basran). Personally I think it is disgusting that someone who is still be paid as a councillor by the taxpayers is spending now two hours of airtime (one hour this week and one hour last week) stumping for his chosen ones. (Tracy Gray and Brad Sieben also got accolades).

The funny thing was from what I heard last week there were no callers in to the show during the time Blanleil was on, and today there were two who were both very critical of Blanleil. Today's target was TaxPayers First and the Firefighters Union. Mind you it was Blanleil's sidekick (whose name I don't remember - some BDO guy) who went after the firefighters union. What makes me think that if they had endorsed Basran instead of Shepherd they would have been praised?
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

That would be Todd Sanderson.
Tied up in controversy with the Rutland Park deal.

I agree re sitting councillors stumping for their faves.
With Blaneleil it has been all about how his businees does and nothing else.
Pretty much the same with Basran,

Shame on Phil Johnson and his obvious bias.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Carmencat wrote:Personally I think it is disgusting that someone who is still be paid as a councillor by the taxpayers is spending now two hours of airtime (one hour this week and one hour last week) stumping for his chosen ones. (Tracy Gray and Brad Sieben also got accolades).

People are free to support any candidates they want, publicly or otherwise.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Mtn Biker
Übergod

Post by Mtn Biker »

Captain Awesome wrote:People are free to support any candidates they want, publicly or otherwise.

That's fine when each get their own turn at the mic, but it's a one trick pony. Blowhard Phil Johnson of Blah blah radio only presents one side of the argument ... ever. We've been listening to him spew his biased rhetoric for weeks now. You will never see Shepherd or any other person with a viewpoint being expressed,different from those of the "chosen few" by ForGreed. Those that are, we can expect the jester AB and Sidekick Sanderson to churn away. It's enough to cause vomit in one's mouth.
Carmencat
Übergod

Post by Carmencat »

I found one hour of Blanleil being given free airtime to stump for Basran distasteful enough, but two hours is over the top. But who knows, maybe Phil Johnson is being given a kickback for two hours of what amounts to two free hours of endorsement of Basran and ForSale. Mind you with the little interest shown by listening public (maybe Johnston no longer has one?) I have a feeling it may have backfired.

I just wish Blanleil was that committed to attending council meeting. Just in the first half of this year alone he missed a third of council meetings. Maybe ForSale had him otherwise engaged.

Return to “Civic Elections 2014”