ForKelowna

Temporary forum for civic elections
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Re: ForKelowna

Post by Captain Awesome »

Mtn Biker wrote:That's fine when each get their own turn at the mic, but it's a one trick pony. Blowhard Phil Johnson of Blah blah radio only presents one side of the argument ... ever. We've been listening to him spew his biased rhetoric for weeks now.

[ yawn ]

So, you don't agree with their opinion. What else is new?

Anybody can endorse anybody. If Mr. B wants to talk about Basran it's his right, and it's called supporting somebody, just like you have the right to endlessly promote Mrs. Shepard and endlessly put down Basran online for weeks and only presenting one side of the argument without somebody calling you a one trick pony which personally I think fits you just the same.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
nextimeround
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by nextimeround »

Captain Awesome wrote:

Anybody can endorse anybody. If Mr. B wants to talk about Basran it's his right, and it's called supporting somebody, just like you have the right to endlessly promote Mrs. Shepard and endlessly put down Basran online for weeks and only presenting one side of the argument without somebody calling you a one trick pony which personally I think fits you just the same.

Individual opinion is one thing, to openly and overtly use a radio talk show to allow only specific candidates to grandstand (by extension in this case) is wrong. It's not allowed by the CRTC but tough to make such a case. And there in is why people with money or connections can sway the masses into just about anything - smoking, driving, thin as sexy, etc.

And let's not forget who might be buying ads on said biased radio station. Could it be a group of arrogant men who are going to buy our city hall again? I wonder... wouldn't be surprised considering the folks who run this forum are pretty bias as well. Although, I will give them credit for being less brazen than Phil.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

nextimeround wrote:Individual opinion is one thing, to openly and overtly use a radio talk show to allow only specific candidates to grandstand (by extension in this case) is wrong.

I've heard many other candidates on AM1150 discussing their platforms including Mrs. Shepard. Seems to me they allow all of them.

PS: Thin is sexy!
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Carmencat wrote:I found one hour of Blanleil being given free airtime to stump for Basran distasteful enough, but two hours is over the top. But who knows, maybe Phil Johnson is being given a kickback for two hours of what amounts to two free hours of endorsement of Basran and ForSale. Mind you with the little interest shown by listening public (maybe Johnston no longer has one?) I have a feeling it may have backfired.

I just wish Blanleil was that committed to attending council meeting. Just in the first half of this year alone he missed a third of council meetings. Maybe ForSale had him otherwise engaged.

I think the point here that everyone is missing is that Basran needs someone to speak for him as he stumbles too much when he speaks for himself. ForKelowna/ForChange must be paying AB or he may be doing it for "future considerations".
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

So you and the other couple of people on here that are endlessly stumping for Shepherd are doing it for "future consideration"?

I guess that's what shepherds do....they herd sheep.
You and 71 others Like this post
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Not "stumping" for Shepherd, just exposing Basran for what he is. I think ForKelowna made a mistake in choosing Basran as their poster boy and they realize it too. They more than likely have spent more money on this campaign than they were intending on. If he doesn't get in he will be kicked to the curb and they will look for someone else for the 2018 election.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Carmencat
Übergod

Post by Carmencat »

I've heard many other candidates on AM1150 discussing their platforms including Mrs. Shepard. Seems to me they allow all of them.

LOL CA. You are missing the point - Basran wasn't on today and last week. His handler and current city councillor (when he can be bothered to show up) Blanleil was. And he wasn't discussing Basran's platform. His message today was that we should vote for Basran because he is young (though not as young at 37 years of age as of tomorrow as Blanleil thinks Basran's age is - he thinks he is 30). Oh, and Basran started his campaign early. Yep, that is a reason to vote for him if I have ever heard one. Too funny.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Carmencat wrote:You are missing the point - Basran wasn't on today and last week. His handler and current city councillor (when he can be bothered to show up) Blanleil was.

It's called endorsing.

For example, Mrs. Sheppard isn't here either because she doesn't bother talking to her voters, yet you and couple other (rather annoying and repetitive) posters are. Are you her handlers?
nextimeround
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by nextimeround »

Captain Awesome wrote:

Unless I missed something, Andre is not a candidate. I'll admit I'm not an avid listener but if I don't believe any other candidates have been given an hour let alone more. I'll bet real money you'd be agreeing with me if you weren't for this specific candidate.

PPS: Sexy is in the eye of the beholder, unless you happen to watch TV, see billboards or read magazines. Then it's whatever the media has told us it is. Which today is "thin". Apparently you are living proof of this concept.
Carmencat
Übergod

Post by Carmencat »

Thin is sexy!

You must be totally turned on then by Basran's resume, Captain Awesome.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

nextimeround wrote:I'll admit I'm not an avid listener but if I don't believe any other candidates have been given an hour let alone more.

So, you don't listen to AM1150, yet you know for sure other candidates weren't given the same opportunity to discuss their platform. I see a disconnect.

I'll bet real money you'd be agreeing with me if you weren't for this specific candidate.

Nowhere did I mention which candidate I favor. You just assume things, and we all know what assuming does.

Which today is "thin". Apparently you are living proof of this concept.

I'm indeed sexy, thank you very much.
Mtn Biker
Übergod

Post by Mtn Biker »

Captain Awesome wrote:

No I don't agree with them.
But the point is . . it would be nice to hear others speak about their views other than this scripted group. The point is that radio station only points their compass in one direction. That is to those who buy their advertising like . . . ta daa . . . Andrea' Electronics.
So what I am saying is it would be nice to hear others speak who are not like those who spoke today, and yesterday, and the day before, and the one before that. Maybe tomorrow we'll hear from a different voice with a different agenda, one I'd like to hear. That's all we're saying. But you're right, I don't like him from personal experience.
Mtn Biker
Übergod

Post by Mtn Biker »

Captain Awesome wrote:

You're right and Johnson called her Mayor when signing off. How appropriate.

Your last comment shows the level we must lower to relate. I have a rope. Making comments similar degrades this process, bent as it is, to a level that should not be allowed.

It further shows why one supports Basran. It shows why there are two sides to life. Those who can't see beyond the facade of wanna be's like Colin, and to those who have been there. And done that. Stood before the bullies for themselves first, and on behalf of many. Stood on the ground of principle. And lucky us Shepherd did. The only woman on the wall of Mayor's of Kelowna in over a 100 years. Think about that.

You get there with a pair of marbles in the right place. Marbles one is definitely void of. That's more than just those hanging low captain, it's between the ears too.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Mtn Biker wrote:Stood before the bullies for themselves first, and on behalf of many. Stood on the ground of principle.

You might want to dial down the drama in your posts to be taken seriously.

Cheers.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Maybe Tracy Gray can enlighten us as to how many people work for her? How many are part time and full time employees? What are salaries for these people? Does anyone in her employ make enough to qualify for a mortgage in Kelowna? She has mentioned that she pays more than others......just curious.

She should be able to enlighten us as to what the wine industry is for living wages, short of providing the owners and the government with the bulk of the profits.

The same goes for our growing tech industry that everyone who is running........especially BASRAN.......talks about. How many jobs in this tech industry are there currently in Kelowna? How many are part time and how many are full time? And finally what are the wages being paid from entry level part time to full time? Please do not include the owner, CEO, president or other titled positions. I just want to know how great our emerging tech industry truly is and is it something where all of our eggs should go in one basket.......ForKelowna knows these answers.......so should their "chosen".

Return to “Civic Elections 2014”