Kelowna live election results website

Temporary forum for civic elections
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Kelowna live election results website

Post by Logitack »

and once again kelowna voters prove to disappoint or rise to the occasion, depending on your viewpoint. given the results so far, third party advertising is here to stay and has proven again to be a wild success, voters, at least those who actually voted, are easily swayed, kelowna taxpayers better have deep pockets as developers will have their hands in their pockets over the next 4 years squeezing every dollar to boost their profit margin!

congratulations voters...you got what you deserve!
Tacklewasher
Übergod

Post by Tacklewasher »

Logitack wrote:and once again kelowna voters prove to disappoint or rise to the occasion, depending on your viewpoint. given the results so far, third party advertising is here to stay and has proven again to be a wild success, voters, at least those who actually voted, are easily swayed, kelowna taxpayers better have deep pockets as developers will have their hands in their pockets over the next 4 years squeezing every dollar to boost their profit margin!

Must be tough to swallow that most of the community thinks you are wrong.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

not at all, democracy is great...the voters have spoken...

hope they are happy with the results.....in four years!
kingsandman
Übergod

Post by kingsandman »

I can't for the life of me figure out why there's so many people on here blaming their problems on "developers".
Model citizen......zero discipline.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

you will have 4 years to watch what developers will demand/get... buckle up kelowna, it is going to be a bumpy ride! ;)
Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod

Post by Carrs Landing Viking »

where the heck are these supposed election results?????

Not on castanet , that's for sure.
kingsandman
Übergod

Post by kingsandman »

Logitack wrote:you will have 4 years to watch what developers will demand/get... buckle up kelowna, it is going to be a bumpy ride! ;)

And while maybe some mistakes may be made, would you rather have the opposite where "developers" look elsewhere?
Perhaps we hang a closed sign at the gateway to Kelowna?
Model citizen......zero discipline.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Well done is done, and now we can just get on with our lives. I voted for 12 people, 5 got in. The people have spoken and now hopefully things will calm down a bit.
I haven't failed until I quit.
godfatherI

Post by godfatherI »

Looking at the vote total on the Kelowna.ca website - just under 30 thousand cast for mayor (29783 when last checked).
Not sure if that includes advance totals, but it seems to be very low for the number that were likely eligible to vote.
The apathy in municipal elections seems to prevail, just not sure why. To have the freedom to vote is a privilege and yet many choose not to bother. We shall see what the next four years bring; hopefully decisions made with good old common sense. If I hear anyone complaining you can bet my first response will be - did you get out and vote?
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

kingsandman wrote:I can't for the life of me figure out why there's so many people on here blaming their problems on "developers".

Some people don't want jobs, I guess.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Logitack wrote:and once again kelowna voters prove to disappoint or rise to the occasion, depending on your viewpoint. given the results so far, third party advertising is here to stay and has proven again to be a wild success, voters, at least those who actually voted, are easily swayed, kelowna taxpayers better have deep pockets as developers will have their hands in their pockets over the next 4 years squeezing every dollar to boost their profit margin!

So you're complaining that all TaxPayersFirst and ProsperKelowna Candidates did not get elected?
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Civic Elections 2014”