Knowles deserves to retire gracefully

Temporary forum for civic elections
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Knowles deserves to retire gracefully

Post by occasional thoughts »

Lest we forget, David has put in many years of yeoman service for DWK, WDM, Westside electoral area, and his former Westbank electoral area. But, although 75, he himself is not looking for a way off council and out of politics, he's pitching to stay in, this despite his widely observed and commented-on propensity for falling asleep in council and being out-of-touch with issues. We have to vote him out if we want him out. And since we can't actually "vote him out", we have to fail to mark our ballots for him on November 15.

I think I know why David is staying in the race and the fray. He is one rock-solid vote in favour of siting a new city hall in Westbank. Obviously that juggernaut has a lot of steam and back-room supporters, and it is not going to be denied by mere public pressure or risked by a referendum. Thus, council ignores the populace and votes. Close? Maybe. Depends on who is elected on Nov. 15. But David will be voting yes for it, and it may be his dream to see a civic centre in and around his church and the Brown Road boondoggle.

People, get ready for council, maybe with David on it, to prove anti-democratic once again and put the city hall issue to the alternative approval mechanism. We shouldn't be surprised when it happens, and we should be thinking and organizing now and not at the last minute.
Westbank4ever

Post by Westbank4ever »

David has Sooooo much determination to get Westbank the site for the city hall.
He does not change his mind over things no matter what other information comes up.
It is like he has made up his mind (or been told what to vote for) and does not know how to change it.

Sad...............
mystica
Board Meister

Post by mystica »

Yep! I think that he is just not on the ball anymore.

It's a little like the singer who does not know when to quit the game until the audience numbers reduce so much that it smacks them in the face.
Not the way I would like to see David leave politics.
Much better to retire with honor.
Westbank4ever

Post by Westbank4ever »

Just got David Knowles election card........

Under "Civic Centre"
"One mammoth step forward will happen with the completion of the Civic Centre on Elliott - with an abundance of government services - including West Kelowna Municipal Hall - together with residential towers and business/commercial outlets/services."

Sounds like David Knowles has made up his mind on this one.
Sad, because there has not been public approval on the building of a City Hall.

It will not be a mammoth step forward for Westbank at all!

The only way this would get any support from me is if the people of West Kelowna get to vote on it and the majority say "yes"

Another item says
"Complete the final phase of the Westbank Cemetery rebuild without using taxpayer dollars and likely producing a surplus"

A surplus of what? Bones. How can you build without using taxpayer dollars?

I don't know who wrote the words on this piece of election material. If it was David himself, he is just proving the point that he is past it.
mystica
Board Meister

Post by mystica »

He was another councilor who didn't come to the forum last night. I suppose we can forgive him as it was too cold for him to risk going out!
mystica
Board Meister

Post by mystica »

Thanks for everything David.
I hope you take the time to relax and enjoy your family. You and Pauline have given so much to the community - time to relax and enjoy it.

Return to “Civic Elections 2014”