Shepherd for Mayor?

Temporary forum for civic elections
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Re: Shepherd for Mayor?

Post by Lady tehMa »

Shepherd actually made a fairly good showing. She is a very nice person, but I am pleased Basran got it. Time will tell if he was the right choice or not.

Does anyone else ever think that voting feels an awful lot like gambling?
I haven't failed until I quit.
KelownaResid

Post by KelownaResid »

Panzer130 please read the below link in regards to Colins 2011 campaign and read the reference letter that Colin wrote.

http://www.centroconsultinginc.com/case ... councilor/

I think Colins 2014 campaign huge success can be attributed to Centro Consulting if as he stated in his reference letter he would use them again in the future
jamapple
Übergod

Post by jamapple »

This is the reason I say in the next election if you think anyone serious about getting in won't be hiring a company like this would need a good shaking. This WILL be the new way of campaigns, and elections from here on out. Again, the numbers are staggering, as a new face gets over 10K votes for council! No one will ever concede that they can compete with a stradegy like that and win.
So, to be clear, as they have said, people do not vote for the person best suited, they vote for the most popular!
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

George+ wrote:Or that the system is really weak and being well manipulated.

Why not electronic voting? Or mail ballots.

17% neede to elect a mayor is pathetic.

I agree with you George. Why not electronic balloting or mail ballots? Oh wait a minute. Didn't you oppose that as a way for all BCTF members to cast a vote for their executive? You said it was not practical and an unnecessary expense. Why do you think it is practical for a civic election but not for the "Mayor and council of the BCTF"?
Would Jim Iker have been the leader of the BCTF if 40,000 teachers could have voted electronically?
Isn't it a bycth George when your own argument can be used against you lol.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
3 B's

Post by 3 B's »

Black Daisies wrote:Next election, I hope Sharon doesn't run again. I liked the Kelowna under her watch and voted for her although she really was my 2nd choice. Speaking to quite a few people, both Sharon and Basran were their 2nd choice but the voted for them because they didn't want the other to win. I would love to see someone run who is not so divisive. As for Colin, I hope I'm wrong about my critiques of him and he does a good job. As for the For Change group, I hope people figure out the truth about them. I still think they are a disgusting group of arrogant individuals who interfered with democracy by creating an uneven playing field. The word Narcissism comes to mind.

Yeah I know what your are getting at but narcissism is usually confined to one person not an entire group. I laud Mrs Shepherd on the fact that she is a gracious loser. However, I DO NOT know why she would ever think that she would be palatable to the voters again. Win two elections and serve,then lose, and then then attempt to pick up as if there was no loss???? Don't get it except I think she thought because Gray made a comeback, then she could too. Didn't work and neither should Gray's have worked. Once retired by the electorate, leave it at that. Nothing personal it's just a bad idea to try to do this And when you give it some thought, being as the closest supporters say she doesn't need the money and she doesn't need this and that well then why??? WHAT is the real motivation?? I can't answer that I can only surmise. Anyway, as folks on this forum have said : What is is!! Some happy some sad, some outraged. We will see at the end of 4 years. If it's not good, then out he should go. It really is as simple as that. Anyway friends and not so much friends, IT'S OVER FOR this time around. See y'all next election
3 B's

Post by 3 B's »

Does anyone else ever think that voting feels an awful lot like gambling?[/quote]

Si ! Yes it does!! I have no idea why candidates make such outrageous promises. There is no way that they can, on their
on, make ANY difference. ALL politics stinks and stinks bad. EVERYBODY who gets into politics is a liar, every single one
of them. And voting is for sure gambling. All they need is to get their *bleep* into that chair, be it Mayor or council. So I don't trust any of them. N OTHING good ever happens
KelownaResid

Post by KelownaResid »

I think most experienced hiring managers will tell you, past performance is the best indicator of future performance. If you apply this to voting in elections you increase your probability of selecting the best candidates.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

The BCTF does not have a mayor.

All members at the AGM do vote..every one.
100% turnout.

Quite a different situation.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

George+ wrote:Or that the system is really weak and being well manipulated.

Why not electronic voting? Or mail ballots.

17% neede to elect a mayor is pathetic.

twobits wrote:
I agree with you George. Why not electronic balloting or mail ballots? Oh wait a minute. Didn't you oppose that as a way for all BCTF members to cast a vote for their executive? You said it was not practical and an unnecessary expense. Why do you think it is practical for a civic election but not for the "Mayor and council of the BCTF"?
Would Jim Iker have been the leader of the BCTF if 40,000 teachers could have voted electronically?
Isn't it a bycth George when your own argument can be used against you lol.

Budda-boom! Georeg will only agree to change voting systems where his team loses. It must be the system and not the will of the people that is wrong if his chosen moron doesn't get elected.

I expect e-voting will come to reality at some point. Well, at least in REAL elections, and not in union elections where the dictators want to keep any opposition to their tyranny unopposed.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

George+ wrote:The BCTF does not have a mayor.

100% turnout.

But they don't get to vote for their leader. Their brain-washed "reps" do that. Why is that George? Why can't the teachers, whose dues are among the highest in Canada, vote for their own leader? Why do only a select few who are members of a radical block in the BCTF always seem to be the ones who are elected to the leadership? Why oh why indeed.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Has been answered about 100 times now.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Does Georeg favour appointing a handful of reps to vote for mayor and council of municipalities, while the individual citizens don't get to vote?
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

George+ wrote:Has been answered about 100 times now.

right. Because that radical block that controls the BCTF wants to keep power. That's why.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

George+ wrote:The BCTF does not have a mayor.

100% turnout.

Quite different george? Don't think so.

Schools service specific neighbourhoods do they not?. Under your BCTF model it would be perfectly OK if we divided up the city in in to "wards" that represented that schools catchment area. The people in each of those catchment areas would then have a rep that voted for them on their behalf in the civic election. Much like an MP or MLA right? Problem is your BCTF school reps are hardly democratically voted in as representatives like an MP or MLA.......rather, they get the position because no one but a radical teacher wants anything to do with the politics of the BCTF. They get the position essentially by default because no one wants to argue with the idiot in the staff room.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

This will have to wait for the next election, since she was not elected this time round.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Civic Elections 2014”