Shepherd for Mayor?

Temporary forum for civic elections
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Shepherd for Mayor?

Post by the truth »

Do not post in ALL CAPS.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=56975
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

No need to yell
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Let's see now...

Do we get to vote for the premier of the province?

Do MLAs bring all issues to the people?
Or are they just reps.?

Teachers are busy people and choose their reps judiciously.

Sharon Shepherd has been a great rep of the people.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

George+ wrote:
Teachers are busy people and choose their reps judiciously.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

GordonH wrote:This will have to wait for the next election, since she was not elected this time round.

she now has 4 years to study if she wants to run again next time lol lol
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
3 B's

Post by 3 B's »

It would be seriously dumb for Mrs. Shepherd to run for Mayor again !! It would be quite unbelievable.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Maybe federal/provincial politics.

But I doubt it.

She has a great family.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Nov 18th, 2014, 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Off-topic.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

And that has been discounted at least a hundred times over.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Nov 18th, 2014, 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off-topic.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Back on topic please. The thread is about Shepherd and her bid for mayor. It's not about teachers, unions, how many days you or someone else works, or anything else.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

Post by Partmanpartfish »

3 B's wrote:It would be seriously dumb for Mrs. Shepherd to run for Mayor again !! It would be quite unbelievable.

Actually, it would be dumb for any person not backed by ForKelowna (or whatever they call themselves next time) to run for any position on council, because they don't have a chance.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Partmanpartfish wrote:
Actually, it would be dumb for any person not backed by ForKelowna (or whatever they call themselves next time) to run for any position on council, because they don't have a chance.

Charlie Hodge was backed by the ForKelowna group? I can't believe he would sell out like that! Thanks for the heads up.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

GordonH wrote:This will have to wait for the next election, since she was not elected this time round.

the truth wrote:she now has 4 years to study if she wants to run again next time lol lol

Let's not rule out the chance of a by-election.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
nextimeround
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by nextimeround »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Charlie Hodge was backed by the ForKelowna group? I can't believe he would sell out like that! Thanks for the heads up.

I think this is sarcasm? It sounds like sarcasm but staunch right wingers don't jest? Charlie won despite the ForPersonalProfit egotists. They put him more squarely in their sites last election but I think they underestimated just how strong Charlie is as a person, and a councilor. Besides they had to keep their eye and their money on the Basran ball.

They have done such a disservice to the candidates they did back in my opinion. That's the sentiment shared by just about anyone I've talked to. Had Basran et al won on their own I would most certainly cut him some slack and perhaps even the benefit of the doubt. However his selling out was proof positive in my view that he cares little for Kelowna and MUCH for Colin.

Return to “Civic Elections 2014”