Mark Thompson Letter to Editor

Temporary forum for civic elections
nextimeround
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Mark Thompson Letter to Editor

Post by nextimeround »

KelownaResid wrote:
Mark Thompson and Colin Basran ran for a council seat in 2011.

http://www.kelowna.ca/iElections/script ... on2011.htm

Mark got about 2,000 votes and Colin 13,000. Why was Colin so successful in 2011? The answer can be found at the below link

http://www.centroconsultinginc.com/case ... councilor/

Let Colin's success in 2011 and 2014 be a lesson to all future councillor and mayor candidates.

That's a great link. This is your mayor people, won his role based on hiring a good consulting firm to change his image, doctor photos, and spread misinformation. That is indeed a lesson on success for all future candidates: don't run unless you're willing to sell out to the highest bidder and create an artificial image of yourself to dupe the masses. If you think Basran did anything other than that, the proof is in the putting. Sour grapes? No, disgust is a better word.
nextimeround
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by nextimeround »

LANDM wrote:So, I've asked two others and now will ask you, since it is the topic of the thread.
Do you feel that the attitude and behaviour portrayed in the letter exemplifies that which a mayor of our community should portray?

None of the others have answered this simple question, instead preferring to continue the rhetoric of the campaign.

Come on George, fish man, and ultraviolet.....it's a really easy question.

I'll answer this: In one sense it is not good form from Mr. Thompson to use the letter to the editor to voice his unhappiness. However did he say anything that's not correct? Why would you expect him to show some level of respect to those that showed him none? If given the choice between a guy who spouts off but says the truth over a plastic candidate who used money and slick marketing to win, hands down I pick the honest man.
Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Randall T »

Mark Thompson never seemed to be one to mince his words. As a mayor, I would have no problem with him telling it like it is. There's enough plastic and pussyfooting in politics as it is. Good on him for giving the lecture.
I birn quil I se
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

And the lack of common sense and constant slide in any concept of decorum continues. These are things to be said *before* an election by a candidate, not after.
However, it is no longer surprising what some people here find acceptable and normal.

I would, in fact, expect Thompson to not only respect the other candidates but also the voting public. He did neither but I do realize I waste my breath stating the obvious to the rabid attack dogs here.

Oh nooooo......there are some moneyed henchmen.....go get 'em. They're everywhere so keep vigilant. Never let down your guard. The evil controllers of society are omnipresent. Sometimes hidden as seemingly harmless female interior decorators, sometimes as audio/visual company owners......don't be fooled as they are all just old white rich guys under the facade, pulling the strings of the mayor and council for their own greedy needs. Things like getting more fabric orders, a job setting up a sound system, maybe a new client for a law firm......the possibilities are endless for them as they control our community.
You and 71 others Like this post
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

You do waste your breath.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

George+ wrote:You do waste your breath.

Thank you for yet another insightful comment.

Your keen, concise outlook is admired by all. And, most importantly, your ability to predict election outcomes is unparalleled in the extreme.

The extreme negative.
You and 71 others Like this post
Tacklewasher
Übergod

Post by Tacklewasher »

LANDM wrote:I would, in fact, expect Thompson to not only respect the other candidates but also the voting public.

This. His letter was an insult of anyone who didn't vote for him. I hope the door does slam him on his *bleep* on the way out.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

It seems really hard for the rabid right to
take any constructive criticism.
Tacklewasher
Übergod

Post by Tacklewasher »

George+ wrote:It seems really hard for the rabid right to
take any constructive criticism.

What was constructive about it? Seemed like nothing more than "waaahhh you didn't vote for me" (kinda like your posts here)
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

George+ wrote:You do waste your breath.

Yes, as the bone-headed leftist losers on this forum will never figure it out.

And that's why you guys lose every single election.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

Have you got the silly insults out of the way yet?

Here you go, let this cover it all for you:

You lefties are all really really stupid! Nyah, nyah.

You righties are all really really stupid! Nyah, nyah.

nextimeround
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by nextimeround »

Rwede wrote:
And that's why you guys lose every single election.

Actually my provincial candidates have won the past several elections. My federal candidate has a pretty good chance at winning in the next election and my West Kelowna candidates (where I vote) also won. So... what JO said!

Return to “Civic Elections 2014”