Shepherd for Mayor?

Temporary forum for civic elections
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Shepherd for Mayor?

Post by The Green Barbarian »

nextimeround wrote:
I think this is sarcasm? It sounds like sarcasm but staunch right wingers don't jest?

Right. Right-wingers don't tell jokes and they don't take liberal arts courses in school. They also can't be feminists or human-rights activists. All of these things are the specific domain of die-hard leftist extremists. You guys and your bold generalizations.

So here's one for you - yes it was a joke, but I know that all leftists are humourless, bitter, jealous brain-dead automatons who are consumed by envy. So it's not surprising if leftists didn't get that I was kidding about Charlie Hodge. The whole point that zoomed right over your head, was that the constant blathering here from the nut-bag crowd is that there is no reason for anyone to run for council or mayor if you weren't supported by the ForKelowna group. Hodge won, and he wasn't supported by them, so clearly this logic is just stupid, and a big load of sour grapes, from some of the most bitter people I have ever seen. Honestly, other than the day after the Liberals kicked the crap out of the NDP for the fourth time in a row, and the day after Harper won a majority, I haven't seen leftists so uptight and whiny. Just ridiculous.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Tacklewasher
Übergod

Post by Tacklewasher »

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me where the henchmen were. I feel bad voting for these folks without being strongarmed into doing it.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

The henchmen were in the financial contributions.
And blatant lies about Shepherd's record.
There ya go.
nextimeround
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by nextimeround »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Right. Right-wingers don't tell jokes and they don't take liberal arts courses in school. They also can't be feminists or human-rights activists. All of these things are the specific domain of die-hard leftist extremists. You guys and your bold generalizations.

So here's one for you - yes it was a joke, but I know that all leftists are humourless, bitter, jealous brain-dead automatons who are consumed by envy. So it's not surprising if leftists didn't get that I was kidding about Charlie Hodge. The whole point that zoomed right over your head, was that the constant blathering here from the nut-bag crowd is that there is no reason for anyone to run for council or mayor if you weren't supported by the ForKelowna group. Hodge won, and he wasn't supported by them, so clearly this logic is just stupid, and a big load of sour grapes, from some of the most bitter people I have ever seen. Honestly, other than the day after the Liberals kicked the crap out of the NDP for the fourth time in a row, and the day after Harper won a majority, I haven't seen leftists so uptight and whiny. Just ridiculous.

I know you were joking, it was obvious. So was my reply making fun of the stereotypical right wing middle aged man. I know Charlie very well. Have known him for 25+ years. He won despite the ForShames through a lot of hard work and sacrifice. He wasn't so lucky last time around. And yes that was due not in part but almost entirely to the personal attack on him, his character and his track record. All of which was a load of crap but they were content to spew it and spend a lot of money doing it.

So yes it's pretty much impossible as an average individual with good intentions to win against such a stacked deck. Fortunately Charlie's not average and as I mentioned in a large way the ForEgos did not pay much attention to Charlie this year. I think (that's my opinion, in case you weren't sure) that they underestimated him as a candidate. Good for Kelowna that they did.

And for the record, I'm a relatively successful business person and do not consider myself "left". I did not vote NDP nor would I for many of the reasons you're spouting here. You're so blinded by your hatred of anyone who wants to have a balance that you are making the case for the next NDP government. So my advice to you is: take your head out of the dark smelly cavity that you have stuffed it into and realize this is not about policy or party stance - it's not about left verses right. It's about another election swayed by an extremely questionable ploy orchestrated by a handful of people with a bit of money and pull. That's it plain and simple.

If Basran won on his own merits I would not be spouting any sour grapes. He did not and sadly we'll never know if he could have.
Tacklewasher
Übergod

Post by Tacklewasher »

George+ wrote:The henchmen were in the financial contributions.

Awww. I wanted to hear about henchmen beating up little old ladies who didn't vote the right way.

I didn't know financial contributions were henchmen now.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Tacklewasher wrote:
Awww. I wanted to hear about henchmen beating up little old ladies who didn't vote the right way.

I didn't know financial contributions were henchmen now.

Oh, it's much much worse than that now.

I hear you can buy tent-trailers from them now, get assistance with paint colors, do your will, set up an RRSP, and rent a sound system for your wedding reception. Yes, it's true! All from The Henchmen!!

It's terrible what these criminals do to further their ill gotten gains by pulling the strings behind the scenes in Kelowna politics. And, from what I hear, they are not only "old white guys" but there are women in their midst too!

Thank you to *removed* and the others for bringing it to our attention! Whew.

And thanks for the election predictions, and the subsequent predictions of byelections, failures, and the general ensuing doom and gloom for our city. I'm sure your records of predictive success will be solidly maintained.
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Nov 20th, 2014, 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't change posters names.
You and 71 others Like this post
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Sort of like guessing Rob Ford was dead in politics?
Tacklewasher
Übergod

Post by Tacklewasher »

LANDM wrote:Oh, it's much much worse than that now.

I hear you can buy tent-trailers from them now, get assistance with paint colors, do your will, set up an RRSP, and rent a sound system for your wedding reception. Yes, it's true! All from The Henchmen!!

It's terrible what these criminals do to further their ill gotten gains by pulling the strings behind the scenes in Kelowna politics. And, from what I hear, they are not only "old white guys" but there are women in their midst too!

Thank you to *removed* and the others for bringing it to our attention! Whew.

And thanks for the election predictions, and the subsequent predictions of byelections, failures, and the general ensuing doom and gloom for our city. I'm sure your records of predictive success will be solidly maintained.

But no actual beatings. I guess that is what I am most dissapointed in. What good are henchmen if they don't beat someone up now and then?
Tacklewasher
Übergod

Post by Tacklewasher »

George+ wrote:Sort of like guessing Rob Ford was dead in politics?

?????

Got an issue with yer meds?
John500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by John500 »

Has been proven again and again...in Kelowna you can buy the election. Then the old mayor goes out and gets a cushy job at ICBC. This province politically stinks!
I do give full credit to Sharon not being involved with any group and trying what she thinks is best for Kelowna for a centrist point of view. But logic has gone down the wayside because of money.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

How does a person buy an election, how stupid. People vote , no one stands by them when they make the x or check it is private. Some comments are really stupid,.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

John500 wrote:Has been proven again and again...in Kelowna you can buy the election. Then the old mayor goes out and gets a cushy job at ICBC. This province politically stinks!
I do give full credit to Sharon not being involved with any group and trying what she thinks is best for Kelowna for a centrist point of view. But logic has gone down the wayside because of money.

Jealous of his success again, eh John?

Green heads wear the colour of jealousy for all to see.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

alfred2 wrote:How does a person buy an election, how stupid. People vote , no one stands by them when they make the x or check it is private. Some comments are really stupid,.

I think it is the fact that some people can't deal with a reality that does not fit with their own.

Their candidates were not chosen. Ergo, there must be a plot, or some conspiracy to explain why so few followed their lead; there is no possible way they could be wrong, you know. Rather than admit that other people would voluntarily choose something they would never choose; they start name calling and laying blame everywhere - never once thinking that anyone could voluntarily hold an opinion contrary to their own. Why to do that, they'd have to examine why so many more people think/choose differently, and that is simply beyond them.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

Post by Partmanpartfish »

alfred2 wrote:How does a person buy an election, how stupid. People vote , no one stands by them when they make the x or check it is private. Some comments are really stupid,.

Next thing you're going to say is young, inexperienced Colin won't feel beholden to ForKelowna for getting him that really cool $90K job.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

You can tell who the real dopes are on this board. They are the under-achievers who think that $90K a year is "big money" for a job with massive responsibility and ridiculous time commitments.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.

Return to “Civic Elections 2014”