Shepherd for Mayor?

Temporary forum for civic elections
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

Re: Shepherd for Mayor?

Post by Partmanpartfish »

^^

LOL! This from someone who is jealous of teachers' salaries! Too funny!

$90K is a lot for a reporter cum real estate salesman.
nextimeround
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by nextimeround »

alfred2 wrote:How does a person buy an election, how stupid. People vote , no one stands by them when they make the x or check it is private. Some comments are really stupid,.

That's true, and this comment is one of them.

You really need to spend some time learning about how you and everyone around you is manipulated by media, advertising, et al. It's relatively easy to change the perception of any group of people, even intelligent ones who understand this basic and well known concept, which is apparently lost on you.
nextimeround
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by nextimeround »

Rwede wrote:You can tell who the real dopes are on this board. They are the under-achievers who think that $90K a year is "big money" for a job with massive responsibility and ridiculous time commitments.

Oh yes, and in the history of politics it's never been heard of that a candidate would be beholden to their financial backers. Is that what you're trying to tell us? You're right, it is easy to tell who the REAL dopes are on this forum.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Partmanpartfish wrote:LOL! This from someone who is jealous of teachers' salaries! Too funny!

I think you have me confused with someone else. I wouldn't get out of bed in the morning to get a teacher's salary.

But by all means, let your mom know that come time for next week's allowance, she better take into account that the mayor of Kelowna draws $90K a year when she hands out the loonies.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Partmanpartfish wrote:
Next thing you're going to say is young, inexperienced Colin won't feel beholden to ForKelowna for getting him that really cool $90K job.

He will definitely know where he has to go when he needs interior decorating, an RV, legal work, an audio/video system for an event, or stock market advice.
How dare they take advantage of our mayor! We know where all the municipal fabric orders will go now!!
And look out when the next city contract for tent trailers comes out......we know who will be cleaning up on that one!
You and 71 others Like this post
nextimeround
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by nextimeround »

LANDM wrote:
He will definitely know where he has to go when he needs interior decorating, an RV, legal work, an audio/video system for an event, or stock market advice.
How dare they take advantage of our mayor! We know where all the municipal fabric orders will go now!!
And look out when the next city contract for tent trailers comes out......we know who will be cleaning up on that one!

That's right, he'll know that. He won't have to know who to go to, I'm sure they'll come to him and it won't only be for their businesses, it will be for their own personal vision of how Kelowna should be, what projects should or shouldn't go forward, etc. It's pretty common in big league politics, just not normally seen at the municipal level - at least I've not seen anything so overt in my many years.
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

Post by Partmanpartfish »

That's pretty cynical. And by the way, it's just a coincidence Wally got that ICBC gig.
lbjles

Post by lbjles »

Re: Walter getting ICBC gig. That's how well his leadership and knowledge is respected. We were lucky to have him serve for us.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Yes.
Wally's watch:
$800,000 outhouse.
Cedar Park mess up.
Bowling green mess up.
Business tries to buy a chunk of city park.
Sell off a chunk of a street to developers.
Weird ,high up 'hitching posts' downtown.
Multi millions police station.
Kissing somebody...and chest baring??
And so on.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

If Lori Welbourne bared her chest for me, I'd consider that to be a very successful day.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.

Return to “Civic Elections 2014”