Basran as mayor?

Temporary forum for civic elections
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Basran as mayor?

Post by LANDM »

lesliepaul wrote:. Traffic out of there is horrendous and Lakeshore is only drivable when you do not have to be anywhere at any time soon.

To build this new road.....what projects will be pushed back???? Will Basran cater to the chronic whiney or is that winey upper mission people that are never happy and expect everything else in Kelowna to be shelved for their convenience?

So you state traffic is horrendous but don't like a possible solution?

Do you not have confidence in city staff? There is a process and the mayor, frankly, has less to do with it than you imagine.

As for the characterization of people from that area, you were the one that stated you wanted to be there......why now the name calling towards them? The "chronic whiney" have nothing to do with this proposal.

However, it does show a more generalized attitude that you possess towards others in your self-imposed darkness. Not a healthy attitude.
You and 71 others Like this post
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Sometimes "serious traffic problems" is nothing but a reflection of personal expectations. Most of the world would be happy to have a car to drive and a road to drive it on, let alone a town full of cars.

It can also represent a driver needlessly wanting to go at a time and via a route that is known to be congested at certain times of the day.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

lesliepaul wrote:J.

annexi wrote:I did some research and the assertion doesn't make sense.

Of course it doesn't make sense. But, for the paranoid mind, a similar surname with a ForKelowna member allows for the drama.

The effect of the massive conspiracy is enhanced in their mind by the shared name with another person who appears to them to be associated with "evil developers" regardless of their connection to the subject matter at hand.

In their world of imagined smoky back rooms, little details like that don't matter since they must *all* be in on it. The "day in the life" of the new mayor simply *must* go that way since it is the only way that would fit in the scenario that replays in their mind.

So they sit in their developer-created home, subdivision, or high-rise, oblivious to the irony of that existence, and worry about what is next. In this case, what will they do for the next four years until the conspiracy rises again.

Oh, I know. How about something positive and productive?
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

what a lot of spin and dodging the main point

this project was TEN YEARS out and was already on the list

this project will BUMP other projects that were slated to begin and will now move down the list

there is NO NEED for this project, at this time, as stated by the city's planning dept

the only reason for this project was for ESTATE planning....hardly a BURNING issue for the CITY considering the project is ON THE BOOKs to be completed ...just not NOW!
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Logitack wrote:what a lot of spin and dodging the main point

this project was TEN YEARS out and was already on the list

this project will BUMP other projects that were slated to begin and will now move down the list

there is NO NEED for this project, at this time, as stated by the city's planning dept

the only reason for this project was for ESTATE planning....hardly a BURNING issue for the CITY considering the project is ON THE BOOKs to be completed ...just not NOW!

So WHAT do you mean BY estate planning? For whom, exactly?

If THE staff, public, and other stakeholders FEEL (btw, this is a really keen way of writing, with random capitalized words....thanks!) that the timing is better, since a proposal has been submitted, what is wrong with that? Isn't that part of appropriate planning?

Or do you feel that something is set in stone decades ahead of time and nothing should ever change?

But, back to the estate planning comment.....since there are always these types of implications thrown out......who exactly are you referring to?
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Seems like the Crawford road residents do not like it either!

http://www.kelownadailycourier.ca/news/ ... 44495.html

And Wally's comment is just plain condescending!
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Partmanpartfish wrote:I live in a really nice downtown highrise.

And all you do is *bleep* about development of the downtown area with highrises by the same evil developers who built the one you live in.

Case closed.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Are city projects categorized......do roads, bicycle lanes, parks fall under one header or by importance?

When will the Glenmore sports complex begin.......if something is truly required, this is it. I read nothing concerning this but Cedar Ave. and the city owned property there gets front page news for years........now a paddle board club........give me a break.

Getting back to parts of Upper Mission.........the area has lost its allure.......you cannot deny this. It is so baron now and housing developments are leaving virtually no areas for green to grow back to at least divide up the monotony. Compare this to Wilden........where at least thought was put into the development and not just cram as much in as possible.

We'll see if Basran drags his *bleep* on the Glenmore area.
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

Post by Partmanpartfish »

LANDM wrote:
That's really nice that you live downtown in your high rise. The high rise that was built by an evil developer. Who is part of the vast conspiracy of back rooms deals that inhabit your dark little world.

Some of the Basranites really have to work on their reading comprehension. Most of us are simply saying developers need adult supervision. Something they may not get from a council that feels beholden to them.

The current Basran/Gray council is so afraid of developers that they won't even tell them to clean up their messes. Take a look at the Lucaya shell on Sunset. Weeds, garbage, street people living in the parkade starting fires. Rats and marmots breeding like, well, rats and marmots.

That's what you get when you have a council that's chckens**ts of developers.

Let's just hope we don't end up with a half finished hotel or mound of dirt at the foot of Bernard Ave.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Partmanpartfish wrote:
The current Basran/Gray council is so afraid of developers that they won't even tell them to clean up their messes. Take a look at the Lucaya shell on Sunset. Weeds, garbage, street people living in the parkade starting fires. Rats and marmots breeding like, well, rats and marmots.

That's what you get when you have a council that's chckens**ts of developers.

That development went belly up during Shepherd's tenure in 2008. Of course I am not blaming her for this, the whole world went into panic mode in 2008 and a lot of development was stopped. The point is - what you are claiming, like most things you say, is just not true. Ms. Shepherd and her council had three years to try and do something about the site, but there wasn't much that could be done, as the original developers went bankrupt and capital dried right up during the recession. So if you are calling her a "chicken$$it", or Gray and Basran chicken**its, then you are just lying.

The site now has been sold and as of August 27th, the last update I could find, apparently things are moving forward to develop it. There was also a delay in 2012 as a pair of Ospreys started nesting on the site, and of course in BC, animals have more rights than humans, so there was no way anything could happen while precious Ospreys were nesting there. All in all your example of using Lucaya to trash Shepherd and now Basran is lame, and stupid, and wrong.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

The Green Barbarian wrote:That development went belly up during Shepherd's tenure in 2008.

What? The green heads have been crowing how great things were under Shepherd.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Rwede wrote:
What? The green heads have been crowing how great things were under Shepherd.

no matter what happened during Shepherd's tenure the brain-washed here will say it was either Walter Gray's fault or the fault of the recession or both. I can't blame Shepherd for Lucaya and really no one can blame Gray or Basran either, and it's just pure lies and idiotic vitriol to say that any council has been "chicken**it" because the development has sat idle all of these years. In a few years when it is developed no one will even remember that it sat as a shell for six years.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

That's why I say right-wingers have reading comprehension problems.

What has any of the above got to do with the fact that for the last three years, The Basran/Gray council hasn't had the spine to tell developers to clean up their messes?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Partmanpartfish wrote:That's why I say right-wingers have reading comprehension problems.

What has any of the above got to do with the fact that for the last three years, The Basran/Gray council hasn't had the spine to tell developers to clean up their messes?

And this is why I say that left-wingers are brain-dead ding-bats. Which developers were Shepherd, Gray or Basran supposed to tell to clean up their mess? Which ones? The old developer went bankrupt and their office closed down. The only option in these kinds of scenarios is to find a new developer to buy up the property and develop it. Shepherd didn't find anyone during 2008-2011, but I can't blame her given the economic climate at that time. Gray took over in 2012 but ospreys nested on the site and so that delayed the sale. As of 2014 the site has been sold and development is apparently moving forward. This entire situation has nothing to do with "spines" or being "chicken**its" and has everything to do with you deliberately lying to spin it to suit your sick and disgusting interests. This is why you leftist clowns lose every election, you have no integrity and no brains.

http://ktowneric.com/blog/kelowna-high- ... ucaya-sold
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

Some of you are just so slow.

The messes as stated above are the weeds, rats, garbage and mounds of dirt on these sites. Why has the Basran/Gray council not ordered the owners of these sites to clean them up?

Return to “Civic Elections 2014”