Pastor talks about rapture for 1,000th time

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Pastor talks about rapture for 1,000th time

Post by Thinktank »

It's funny that pastors and preachers talk about the end of the world
and the rapture so often. I've probably heard it discussed a thousand times so far.

Mark 13:32
“But concerning that day or that hour, no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

But so far 100% of the people who have ever lived on earth never saw the rapture, and 100% of the people
living right now will never see the rapture - but they will be overweight. They will have health problems
as they grow older. Why do the preachers waste so much time on the rapture, and not a word about losing
weight and improving health. Look around - 40% of us are overweight -some so bad they walk funny.
That's no good.

Why would God not say a word in his bible about how to lose weight? (40% of us need to know) So many people
don't have a clue what to do. And so many pastors repeating the rapture story for the 1,000th time.

It's absurd.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Listen the pastor talk about RAPTURE for the 1,000th tim

Post by Fancy »

Thinktank wrote:Why would God not say a word in his bible about how to lose weight? (40% of us need to know) So many people
don't have a clue what to do.

It's absurd.

You've been given advice before and there are numerous avenues available to you including gyms. People wrote the bible and maybe no one cared.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

I want God to tell us, in the bible, the best way
to lose weight instead of talking about a rapture which might happen
tomorrow or it might not happen for a million years.

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Thinktank wrote:I want God to tell us, in the bible, the best way
to lose weight
Your doctor would be the best way - exercise is even better. Are you expecting people to rewrite a book now?

What's your topic? Rapture or losing weight?
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

We've been in the "End Times" since the day organized religion wrote their instruction manuals. Why do they keep preaching it over and over again to keep their congregation in line with their rules or in some cases, have people send in "donations". Look at Jack Van Impe for an example - they guy goes on and on and on about how this is "it" - all the signs are here. One year it's Russia and Yeltsin the next year Iraq and Hussein and then this and that - people fall for it.

As for asking God how to loose weight, if you need a spiritual entity for advice on simple common sense then that's just sad. One of the Seven Deadly Sins is glutany so the "rules" are already in there.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

The Bible isn't about how you should live a healthy life - it's a rule book designed to keep society in control and order because if you don't do what you are told to do - eternal damnation for you - kinda like Santa Claus - if you're not good - he won't come and give you presents.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Dizzy1 wrote:
As for asking God how to lose weight, if you need a spiritual entity for advice on simple common sense then that's just sad.

Look around. 40% of us need help. We need a miracle.

daria
Guru

Post by daria »

Dizzy1 wrote:The Bible isn't about how you should live a healthy life - it's a rule book designed to keep society in control and order because if you don't do what you are told to do - eternal damnation for you - kinda like Santa Claus - if you're not good - he won't come and give you presents.

IMG_20141213_185333.jpg

Lol.

As for why the bible isn't an exercise manual, the people for whom it was written didn't need to be told to exercise because they weren't sedentary!
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.
"I figured out how to monetize SJWs." Jordan B. Peterson
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

There was no junk food when the Bible was written so very few fat people if any back then.

You can't rely on someone (God) or anyone else for that matter to tell you how to live your life.

If you are fat then do something about it! Get off your fat *bleep* and exercise and eat healthy food in moderation!

You control yourself not some book written by someone thousands of years ago.

If 33% believe in God then 67% believe in something/someone else. So you are a minority.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Thinktank wrote:Look around. 40% of us need help. We need a miracle.

No miracle needed - common sense, self control and discipline is more than enough. Instead of a bag of chips - buy an apple. Instead of a can of pop - have a glass of water. Going to the mall? Instead of circling the parking lot for half an hour just to get a spot close to the door - park in the back and take a stroll.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

instead of finding parking at the mall just to spend your money, just drive
three miles to the drive-thru to get lunch then go back home.

and save your money.

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Thinktank wrote:instead of finding parking at the mall just to spend your money, just drive

and save your money.

How does that provide rapture for anyone else or oneself? Self gratification to get fat? No thanks - I'd rather the exercise.
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

Thinktank wrote:instead of finding parking at the mall just to spend your money, just drive

and save your money.

If you eat junk food from a drive-thru, why are you complaining about the bible not being an exercise/weight loss manual? O.o
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.
"I figured out how to monetize SJWs." Jordan B. Peterson
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

and save your money.

Gee maybe that's why yer fat. (if you are but that's what you're complaining about in another thread)
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

and save your money.

So if the Bible tells you not to do that then the problem is solved? Or is it just an excuse to point the finger elsewhere other than at one self?

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”