Kelowna one of the most godless places in the world

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?

What is Your Religious Affiliation?

Buddhist
1%
Christian (Catholic)
1%
Christian (Protestant)
14%
Christian (other)
9%
Wiccan
3%
Jewish
No votes
Muslim
1%
Sikh
No votes
Traditional (Aboriginal) Spirituality
3%
Other
5%
No Religious Affiliation
63%

Total votes: 94

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Re: Kelowna one of the most godless places in the world

Post by averagejoe »

By the way Geckonidae, you knew I was talking posting about you. You answered right! Don't play dumb....
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
Geckonidae
Fledgling

Post by Geckonidae »

averagejoe wrote:By the way Geckonidae, you knew I was talking posting about you. You answered right! Don't play dumb....

You were talking to anyone that would take the bait. And your last comment defending your debating skills...why don't you go back and read the post you took that quoted text from. See if you can figure out where you failed.
JonyDarko
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by JonyDarko »

Average Joe, are you saying that all or even most atheists are horrible people because of what happened in the USSR?

I am not sure what your point is.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

I am an atheist, what the hell does that have to do with russia?
We're lost but we're making good time.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

geeshhhh, all I have been saying is the world is a worse place now then it used to be, in almost all areas, and people are even denying that much. How can one even discuss things when that fact is considered debatable? I think not.
ValB58
Banned

Post by ValB58 »

averagejoe wrote:By the way Geckonidae, you knew I was talking posting about you. You answered right! Don't play dumb....

Huh? Again in English please.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

binky11 wrote: ..., all I have been saying is the world is a worse place now then it used to be, in almost all areas,

Not even close. You really need to read a history book or two.

binky11 wrote: How can one even discuss things when that fact is considered debatable?

There is no hope of discussing this issue with you if you consider your ridiculously erroneous notion to be fact.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

binky11 wrote:geeshhhh, all I have been saying is the world is a worse place now then it used to be, in almost all areas, and people are even denying that much. How can one even discuss things when that fact is considered debatable? I think not.

It isn't worse, though.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

I rest my case.
Geckonidae
Fledgling

Post by Geckonidae »

binky11 wrote:geeshhhh, all I have been saying is the world is a worse place now then it used to be, in almost all areas, and people are even denying that much. How can one even discuss things when that fact is considered debatable? I think not.

That word (fact) doesn't mean what you think it means. You made a statement that the world is a worse place now than it used to be, and then you specifically mentioned the 20s and 40s as examples of when things were better. Well that is an opinion, not a fact, and it's absolutely debatable.

Perhaps more children said "sir" and "ma'am" in the 20s and 40s. I'll even accept that is a given, so you don't have to do any research to support that claim. This was also a good chuck of the polio era. Kinda glad I missed that, thank you very much. There was apparently some kind of war and lots of people died. Oh, there was also a depression; they say it was great, but I hear that was actually pretty bad. On the other hand, Christian groups held quite a bit of political power, so that must have been pretty positive. They succeeded in having alcohol banned in the US. Unfortunately that created a perfect environment for organized crime to flourish, so the 20s ended up being a terrible decade for organized crime and turf wars. The issues with have with organized crime now are nothing compared to the 20s.

I can't even imagine being part of any ethnic or religious minority during your ideal time in history. A black man could be lynched for holding hands with a white woman. In Canada we had the residential school system, and in BC and Alberta they conducted forced sterilizations on some of these children. Perhaps that was all part of teaching these children to say "sir" and "ma'am", cause we all know how important that is to our quality of life.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

binky11 wrote:I rest my case.

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Not even close. You really need to read a history book or two.
how are things better or changed
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

binky11 wrote:I rest my case.

It's kind of weird how statistics disagree with you.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
annexi
Board Meister

Post by annexi »

averagejoe wrote:Maybe try and read what I posted, instead of some liberal agenda BS your pushing....

annexi wrote:To whom is your comment addressed?

averagejoe wrote:Who do you think?

Maybe me but I'm not sure, that's why I asked.
Even when it's bad it's good. More cowbell.
annexi
Board Meister

Post by annexi »

I'd rather live now than 40 years ago. I think the world has gotten better in some ways despite what we see on tv/movies/news. That's just the ugly side of things.
Even when it's bad it's good. More cowbell.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”