Whose religion?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Whose religion?

Post by maryjane48 »

i am curious as to what the reaction of the worlds fairy tale i mean faiths would be , if a movement started to rid the world of all faith based beliefs? and if it was achieved, would the world be a better place?

as one posters says , discuss :)
jimmy4321
Guru

Re: whose religion ?

Post by jimmy4321 »

I think the fear of God is a good thing since so many are crappy parents. I was brought up Catholic though I guess I'm Atheist as an adult, I feel though some religion as a kid can't hurt.
My only issue with religion is this need to push it on others.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

jimmy4321 wrote:I think the fear of God is a good thing since so many are crappy parents. I was brought up Catholic though I guess I'm Atheist as an adult, I feel though some religion as a kid can't hurt.
My only issue with religion is this need to push it on others.

even though i have no use for it, i agree with what you have said, now what would think would be the reaction of all faith based leaders if a movement started to rid earth of faith? would all just talk out against? or would they have a call to arms?
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Call to arms. Just look at some way back history

I believe Catholics consider themselves the religion of all other Christian religions derive from, but you can have priests and pope jokes and they won't send their goons after you.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

yea i agree jokes shouldn't be a call to arms, plain silly , but to actually try and get rid of it all together, faith that is, i say pope be askin obama if he can push the red button
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

When it comes to religion it's each for themselves.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

well i agree it should be a personal concept, it should not be organised in any way
logicalview
Guru

Re: Whose religion ?

Post by logicalview »

lakevixen wrote:i am curious as to what the reaction of the worlds fairy tale i mean faiths would be , if a movement started to rid the world of all faith based beliefs? and if it was achieved, would the world be a better place?

I know that the world would be better off without the faith-based religion that is the man-made climate change hoax. Without question.
Not afraid to say "It".
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Religion, by its very definition is organized. According to Wiki, religion is an organized collection of beliefs, cultural systems, and world views that relate humanity to an order of existence. It is a social structure.

The quest for developing a personal concept of meaning and existence is known as spirituality.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

The quest for developing a personal concept of meaning and existence is known as spirituality.
yes, that is exactly what i mean, would maybe the better way for humans to go.
opinion2015
Fledgling

Post by opinion2015 »

I would welcome this- unfortunately- wars have been fought over religion for thousands of years, and the present disorder in the world is being stridently pursued by jihadists.

I have often wondered why the leaders of the USA, Russia, China, NATO, Europe, Middle East leaders threatened by ISIS, and all other freely elected democracies don't get together, and pose for photographs- arm in arm, and tell the radical Islamists that their killing machine will no longer be tolerated- stop the mayhem- or our united Armys, Air Forces and Navys will join together to destroy you.

Sadly that will never happen. Our world is ruled by men with big egos and their own agendas. If only they could put their egos and thirst for power and control away- we might defeat them.

Sadly, the leaders of all the religions in the world are no different than the political leaders and all their dogma. It is a sad, sad situation Vixen- but I applaud your idea.
Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of discussion, dissent, and debate.
Hubert H. Humphrey
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

#1 - Nothing will ever make the world a better place. It will just keep getting worse and worse. the only thing that might make the world better would be to get rid of money but that won't happen.

#2 - If I started to see churches across Canada shutting down like Target stores I would probably start reading the bible because I would think the rapture is just around the corner.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

^ I wonder if he got his wish? He's not in heaven and not in hell.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Thinktank wrote:#1 - Nothing will ever make the world a better place. It will just keep getting worse and worse. the only thing that might make the world better would be to get rid of money but that won't happen.

When is this world supposed to start just keep getting worse and worse? For at least seven decades it has been getting better and better with each generation better off than the one before. I wonder what it is that you are doing wrong?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

lakevixen wrote:i am curious as to what the reaction of the worlds fairy tale i mean faiths would be , if a movement started to rid the world of all faith based beliefs? and if it was achieved, would the world be a better place?

as one posters says , discuss :)

If the movement to get rid of the world of faith using the same tactics as -- say a certain segment of a certain religion of peace -- to get rid of all faith, then the world would most certainly not be a better place. Even less brutal tactics such as the war on drugs approach would not render the world a better place. The only way to make the world a better place is to allow free and open exchange of ideas and beliefs.

In other words, the only movement to "rid the world of all faith based beliefs" that would be beneficial would be one that is based upon open and honest dialog and mutual respect even if the campaign's goals go unmet.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”