Table for Four

southy
Lord of the Board

Re: Table for Four

Post by southy »

Daspoot wrote:The original post asks for places in Penticton.... But I know a great place in Spokane....

The only great place in Spokane closed last summer - Cyrus Oleary's ... Loved the restaurant.
Midnite
Fledgling

Post by Midnite »

southy wrote:The only great place in Spokane closed last summer - Cyrus Oleary's ... Loved the restaurant.

I believe Cyrus Oleary's closed 3 years ago, if that wasn't bad enough, the Spokane Hooters closed a year ago : (
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

Well since we're full on thread detour:

Clinkerdaggers

(Formerly Clinkerdagger, Bickerstaff & Pett. Now just Clinkerdaggers)

If they have it on the menu at the time, I highly recommend the Coffee-Toffee pie.
On a different forum
FSmith59
Banned

Post by FSmith59 »

Anonymous123 wrote:Does the Barley Mill still have a restaurant upstairs?

No. It's a small bar and pool table room, now. They started their own microbrewery, and the tanks take up most of the second floor.
Shawner
Fledgling

Post by Shawner »

I was at the Barley Mill last fall with my wife and kids and a friend and his wife/son and there was lots of room upstairs for us.

Food was good, service was good, prices were good. Hmmm, maybe it's time to go back....
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

FSmith59 wrote:
No. It's a small bar and pool table room, now. They started their own microbrewery, and the tanks take up most of the second floor.

The Brewery has been taking up that space for two decades now. The restaurant upstairs was always there where you could also take minors (your kids). We went there several times with our kids for the Sunday Breakfast/Brunch.
Am thinking however that the new liquor laws allowing minors into Pubs until (8 or 9pm?) may make that upstairs separation moot.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
BC Dave

Post by BC Dave »

My wife, son and I were in Osoyoos on Saturday and we had one of the best meals I have ever experienced at Convivia Bistro. I think Osoyoos, despite having one-seventh of Penticton's population, can easily compare to or even best the peach city on the restaurant front. I have heard great things about other Osoyoos restaurants, including Campo Marina and Ella Greek restaurant.
Tero
Board Meister

Post by Tero »

FSmith59 wrote:No. It's a small bar and pool table room, now. They started their own microbrewery, and the tanks take up most of the second floor.

That's not even close to actuality.... The upstairs is quite large - there are 22 tables that families can sit at (with minors) as well as 7 or 8 tables in the upstairs pub part where not kids can sit. There's a bar with stools around it. The beer tanks are in a glassed in area in the middle.

Minors are NOT allowed downstairs, and despite the change in liquor laws they will not be allowed downstairs any time soon.

:-)
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Tero wrote:
Minors are NOT allowed downstairs, and despite the change in liquor laws they will not be allowed downstairs any time soon.

:-)

That must be a decision of ownership.....not allowing minors downstairs despite the new regs. And if so, it brings up an interesting question. Under the new regs, is an owner allowed to age discriminate and bar minors from the downstairs? In other words, is allowing minors to accompany their parents for lunch or dinner at the discretion of the owner?
I can envision some type A parents demanding their kids being allowed to sit with them downstairs because they are breaking no laws.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Tero
Board Meister

Post by Tero »

twobits wrote:That must be a decision of ownership.....not allowing minors downstairs despite the new regs. And if so, it brings up an interesting question. Under the new regs, is an owner allowed to age discriminate and bar minors from the downstairs? In other words, is allowing minors to accompany their parents for lunch or dinner at the discretion of the owner?
I can envision some type A parents demanding their kids being allowed to sit with them downstairs because they are breaking no laws.

Yes - it's owner discretion and as far as I know the policy at the Barley Mill wont be changing anytime soon. And yes, there have been a few beligerant parents.

My own opinion though - If I go to a PUB I don't want to sit beside a toddler! If I go to a PUB it's to get away from a toddler! lol. There's plenty of options out there for dining with your kids. :)
smoky500
Fledgling

Post by smoky500 »

Since there has been a diversion from Penticton, went to Caitlins(sp?) in OK Falls last week, very good food, (Rueben was DELICIOUS, everyone loved their food), serving size huge and prices reasonable. Small cafe style, Main St and 10th Ave, west side of street
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

Daspoot wrote:La Casa Ouzaria is pretty darned good.

Theo's seldom disappoints (hardly new though...)

the Vanillapod for good food and awesome view.

So far we have tried to first two, both very good.
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

Pure quality, my posts reek of it. ;)

Bon Appetite!
On a different forum
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

Tony wrote:Well worth the trip. You won't be disappointed....

Sorry - slight mispelling - it's Campo Marina. Cross the bridge in Osoyoos and it's on the right.

Drove there yesterday but was closed, no signs, doors locked. Web site says Mon. to Sun. 5pm. I should have phoned I guess.
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

BC Dave wrote:My wife, son and I were in Osoyoos on Saturday and we had one of the best meals I have ever experienced at Convivia Bistro. I think Osoyoos, despite having one-seventh of Penticton's population, can easily compare to or even best the peach city on the restaurant front. I have heard great things about other Osoyoos restaurants, including Campo Marina and Ella Greek restaurant.

Tried Convivia yesterday, very good. Intended to try Camp Marina but was closed.

Return to “North Okanagan”