The Morality of God

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Rustybritches

The Morality of God

Post by Rustybritches »

Why I left religion behind and woke up to my humanity!
Sam Harris - Morality and the Christian God: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i3mX0YRrjM
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: The Morality of God

Post by fluffy »

The Christian God is not one I can get on board with. There are better ones out there.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

Thor promised to rid the world of Ice Giants. Do you see any Ice Giants around? No.
The War God of the Desert (Jehovah) promised to rid the world of sin. Most believers think they are sinners. Nuff said.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

No one ever asked anyone to start doing some of the things the Christian God of the bible's old testament did - except
killing enemies. When it comes to slaughtering millions of people in foreign countries because they have elected
a bad leader - we Christians do that well. But we don't do anything else the old testament God said to do.

We Christians go by the NEW testament, which says we should "love our enemies"

Actually we don't really do anything the new testament tells us to do either. But we do sing songs
every Sunday in churches that cost $billions to build. That's pretty good when strangers can get together to sing songs about God. At least it's a start.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Sing songs.
Then make money.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Rustybritches wrote:Why I left religion behind and woke up to my humanity!

The idea of God as a conscious governing entity is fast becoming a thing of the past because frankly, it's too big a stretch of belief. There are many alternatives that are more in keeping with modern scientific knowledge, more easily viewed as a part of humanity if you can just get away from the benevolent dictator stereotype.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Interesting debate between Sam Harris and William Lane Craig...

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”