I need help from one good Christian

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

I need help from one good Christian

Post by Thinktank »

Hi,

There are 22 and a half million Christians in Canada, and I need help from one of them.
The bible says - If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them. - and I need
a new coat. It's not that I can't afford one. I can. But I prefer to spend my money on pizza.

So I'm looking for the one Christian in all of Canada, that will allow me to take his coat without
calling the police. I'll get a new coat, and be able to spend my own money on pizza.

Do you know of any Christians that will actually do what the blble says, and let me have the coat?

email me if you do.

Thanks in advance.

can't wait.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Re: I need help from one good Christian

Post by LANDM »

I dont know about a coat from a Christian but you may be able to get one of the ISIS people to donate one of their jackets....the c4 filled ones that won't allow you to eat pizza but you may resemble pizza after........discuss.
You and 71 others Like this post
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

LANDM wrote: ........discuss.

Jews, rich people, rich Jews, Muslims, ... and Christians. Haters got to hate.
OREZ
Lord of the Board

Post by OREZ »

What kind of coat are you looking for?
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

OREZ wrote:What kind of coat are you looking for?

I'm looking for a coat like this

that I can 'take.'

Because several times each year millions of Canadians say 'Amen' when the pastor tells them
if someone wants to take their coat - don't complain. Let them have the coat.

That's the deal. When you agree to something, you have to keep your word. So I want a coat.

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
OREZ
Lord of the Board

Post by OREZ »

Unfortunately I don't own a coat like that.

Anyways, you seem to be asking for someone to give you a coat, not let you take it. Perhaps you need to do your part in this and go to one of the large churches on a Sunday (I would suggest Evangel or Trinity) wait by the door until you spot a coat which suits you and then simply take it from the guy, explaining to him that you are helping him follow scripture to the letter.

Let us know if he also offers you his shirt.
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I'm pretty sure we could find one like this for you.

I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Perfect. That would be a great fit for the special gifts God has given you Thinktank.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by xjeepguy »

Thinktank wrote:Hi,

There are 22 and a half million Christians in Canada, and I need help from one of them.
The bible says - If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them. - and I need
a new coat. It's not that I can't afford one. I can. But I prefer to spend my money on pizza.

So I'm looking for the one Christian in all of Canada, that will allow me to take his coat without
calling the police. I'll get a new coat, and be able to spend my own money on pizza.

Do you know of any Christians that will actually do what the blble says, and let me have the coat?

How about this one ?

When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

OREZ wrote:...go to one of the large churches on a Sunday (I would suggest Evangel or Trinity) wait by the door until you spot a coat which suits you and then simply take it from the guy,...

That's a good idea. The bible doesn't explain if we should take it directly from the guy, or find
a place where people hang their coats and steal it when they're not looking. I like your idea
better. It's more Christian-like.

steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Unless you're as tough as you are stupid sneaking it away might be more prudent.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

What size are you? I put my donations in a bag and leave on the front step for the diabetes foundation.. I doubt anyone will mind you taking a coat if you need pizza.. size xxl I'm sure you will grow into it if it doesn't fit.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

The real question here might be where do we find 1 good christian? Who is also willing to have people mistake thinktank for them as he is wearing their coat.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

I have to admit, when they take away Thinks internet privileges, things get a bit boring around here. How long you out for this time?
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Luke 6:
    27 “But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,
    28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.
    29 If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them.
    30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back.
    31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

32 “If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them.
    33 And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that.
    34 And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, expecting to be repaid in full.
    35 But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.
    36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

37 “Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.
    38 Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”

The question is, Thinktank, are you listening? Have you forgiven those who have offended you, or are you harbouring bitterness in your heart from past wrongs?
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”