Skaha Hills Development

youhavegottobekidding
Fledgling

Skaha Hills Development

Post by youhavegottobekidding »

Any one know when people are moving in up at Skaha Hills? Do they have power, natural gas or water yet? Saw they were putting in curbs.............looking good
twobits
Guru

Re: Skaha Hills Development

Post by twobits »

youhavegottobekidding wrote:Any one know when people are moving in up at Skaha Hills? Do they have power, natural gas or water yet? Saw they were putting in curbs.............looking good

I would think the services were in place. Right now it looks like eight homes built waiting for the asphalt to be laid. Seems counter intuitive to how usual developments proceed (homes before asphalt) but perhaps the possession dates were timed for everything to be completed.
Greyback Construction is the primary contractor and they are very reputable so I can only assume it is a logistics thing that was accounted for in advance.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Also looks like the golf course is getting prepped. I can't see it from the flats but way up high at my bud's house I could see a very large and long section of that green grass spray. The color is that "unnatural" neon green color I've seen before. There is some more higher up but was mostly hidden through the trees. Don't know how long it would take, guessing a year or 2, to get a course in playable condition.
One thing that is a guarantee, the intersection at Hwy 97 WILL have a stop light at some point. No way a 600 home development will have a stop sign to turn left.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

JagXKR wrote:One thing that is a guarantee, the intersection at Hwy 97 WILL have a stop light at some point. No way a 600 home development will have a stop sign to turn left.

I wonder if there's any plans to improve the road north to intersect with Green Mountain Road ? That would get some of the pressure off the highway.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Does anyone know how many lots have been sold yet?
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Not sure on lots sold but in an article early this month on the Business Vancouver web site they said this:

"Projects in the Okanagan are taking fears of knock-on effects from Alberta’s turmoil on the chin. Greyback Construction Ltd. and PIB Development Corp. are planning to launch sales for the second and third phases of the Skaha Hills project in Penticton by summer."

http://www.biv.com/article/2015/3/victo ... al-oilpat/

The Skaha Hills web site has sure grown since last year. Full of floor plans, artist renderings, info regarding construction and specifications of the houses.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

fluffy wrote:
I wonder if there's any plans to improve the road north to intersect with Green Mountain Road ? That would get some of the pressure off the highway.

The back road (called Old Airport Road) was already vastly improved and paved a few years back. It used to be horrible; now is a nice drive. Whether or not the Indian Band will want all that traffic flow going through there village is questionable. The only thing missing on that road at the present time, fluffy is a "speed limit" sign (I HAD to throw that in..lol). Turning left onto Highway 97 could be very difficult and dangerous especially in the Summertime. I doubt there will be a traffic light there; at least not for a while.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

XT225 wrote:The back road (called Old Airport Road) was already vastly improved and paved a few years back.

Well there ya go. Somehow that one slipped by me.

(...maybe if I slowed down a bit ?)
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

JagXKR wrote:Also looks like the golf course is getting prepped. I can't see it from the flats but way up high at my bud's house I could see a very large and long section of that green grass spray. The color is that "unnatural" neon green color I've seen before. There is some more higher up but was mostly hidden through the trees. Don't know how long it would take, guessing a year or 2, to get a course in playable condition.
One thing that is a guarantee, the intersection at Hwy 97 WILL have a stop light at some point. No way a 600 home development will have a stop sign to turn left.

The golf course was scrapped. No developer wanted to partner up with the Band if it remained part of the project.
The green grass spray you see is seeding for erosion control.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

twobits wrote:The golf course was scrapped. No developer wanted to partner up with the Band if it remained part of the project.

Golf courses are falling out of vogue ? Or just too big an outlay for something with no real return ?
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Much like skiing.
youhavegottobekidding
Fledgling

Post by youhavegottobekidding »

Wouldn't it be great if Skaha Hills partnered with Skaha Meadows Golf Course at the bottom of the hill. They could improve and update the 9 hole course, and add another 9 holes just North of it on that nice flat area. Give Penticton Golf Course some competition . That plan would get my support for sure.
ToddT
Übergod

Post by ToddT »

That flat area North of the course was where Boonstock was.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

I heard yesterday that someone who has bought up there has been told they can move in in June or July.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

ToddT wrote:That flat area North of the course was where Boonstock was.

Looks like it might be available for a golf course very soon. After they pick up the trash and beer cans.

Return to “North Okanagan”