Boonstock

Swoop
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Boonstock

Post by Swoop »

..."Boonstock Productions has just announced the music festival will not be held in Penticton this summer."...
...I'm thinking it's probably pretty hard to hold a return of an event when you still haven't paid the policing costs of the first one...
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

nice bye bye goonstock, way to go, unpaid bills and one dead girl---nice job----not
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

the truth wrote:nice bye bye goonstock, way to go, unpaid bills and one dead girl---nice job----not
I'll see your "like" and raise you one.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

the truth wrote:nice bye bye goonstock, way to go, unpaid bills and one dead girl---nice job----not

Whats goonstock? Cant blame boonstock for the death of young woman that took drugs.
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

I thought that Boonstock signed a 5 year contract with the locatee? That land is very valuable, however; far too valuable to be sitting there empty except for one weekend per year.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Well if they owe money maybe they were told not to return.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

[Those things were widely reportedly so they are a fact. In your world this is ok? I have standards of decency and those don't fit in them. They are wrong plain and simple. When these young people who engaged in this behaviour grow up, they too, most likely will look back and realize it was wrong. It's called being mature not arrogant. Are you 20?[/quote]

Ahhh Hummm ... you may want to get your quotes straight - you actually quoted yourself in the previous post ... that was not my response. So NO you were not there - yet you can sit in judgement based on something you either heard or read. Again I ask, who are you Hummm to judge something and someone you didn't actually see? This is more than just judgement - this is a holier than thou attitude that is prevalent amongst an older generation (to set the record straight I am not a 20 something - actually wish I was) The one thing I hope I've learned at the age I am is something called acceptance. I also have learned that I will not tolerate an attitude that condemns based on generalizations and without fact. Please explain to me what you mean by "when these young people who engaged in this behavior grow up ..." What does "grow up" look like to you.

By the way my 13 year old son attended this event with his friend and his friend's father. They went for one specific act. The act was musical .. they said including the father who I think is pretty mature that everyone they saw were having a great time. Note the lack of judgement???? Sorry Hummm I'll stick with saying you are being arrogant plain and simple.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

I don't think the thing failed because of the people who attended, far from it. The promoter and his management team was inept from the get-go, trying to get around the rule book instead of figuring out how to abide by it, and getting all in-your-face with people they should have been sucking up to. Such is the world of politics and government.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

southy wrote:

By the way my 13 year old son attended this event with his friend and his friend's father. They went for one specific act. The act was musical .. they said including the father who I think is pretty mature that everyone they saw were having a great time. Note the lack of judgement???? Sorry Hummm I'll stick with saying you are being arrogant plain and simple.
it sounds more like you're trying to justify letting your kid attend a this drug fest rather than accepting your responsibility for your own decisions. Answer me this please. Was there widespread drug use happening there, as the authorities said there was? Do you think illegal drug use is ok? You would be singing a different tune if your kid took drugs there and was rushed to the hospital wouldn't you?
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

This is really beginning to feel like a conversation I tried having with a nicely dressed man and woman who came to my door once. Sorry Hummm .. Not buying into it. Would appear you and I are the ying and yang of life. Nice chatting.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Hmmm wrote: Answer me this please. Was there widespread drug use happening there, as the authorities said there was? Do you think illegal drug use is ok? You would be singing a different tune if your kid took drugs there and was rushed to the hospital wouldn't you?

Ever drink too much when you were a kid ?
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
ToddT
Übergod

Post by ToddT »

Hey Hmmm I was there. Wasn't on drugs or having sex lol. Did I show up to the right party? I mean, I still had fun...

Your opinion on the subject is borderline bigotry. While we're assuming things, I'll assume you fall in with that crowd too.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

fluffy wrote:
Ever drink too much when you were a kid ?
Many times. I know young people will be young people just like I was. I'm happy these guys are gone and I hope something more family friendly without the massive drug use and OD's will take its place. I just don't understand how some can say its good when a girl died and 1000's were doing illegal drugs. I'm ok with standing up for whats right. I'm not trying to force my standards on others but simply stated my opinion. I find very few are willing to say something is bad or wrong when in fact it is bad and wrong. If you stand up, people call you arrogant or other things. Doesn't hurt me at all.

Night all.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

ToddT wrote:Hey Hmmm I was there. Wasn't on drugs or having sex lol. Did I show up to the right party? I mean, I still had fun...

Your opinion on the subject is borderline bigotry. While we're assuming things, I'll assume you fall in with that crowd too.

Was every news report wrong? If it was then I was misinformed. Of course I do not believe every person there was doing illegal drugs and having sex in public. I HATE DRUG USE! I wish everyone would stop doing them. You may feel its just fine to say everything is grand and let the KIDS DIE. I wont. And yes, several close family members have died from drugs.
ToddT
Übergod

Post by ToddT »

Anyone who thinks taking opportunities to have fun away from kids is going to STOP them from doing drugs is either on drugs themselves, OR, needs a serious reality check. Music doesn't make drug users, boredom does.

Oh, and lots of people know others that have died from drug use. Stop playing the sympathy card for being a d!ck.

But you know what Hmmm, you're right. Let's cancel all of the 19-35 demographically targeted events and replace them with good wholesome family fun. Let's see... well... Marilyn Manson is on Saturday night, it's an all ages event, but I think that it caters to the over 30 crowd now anyways.
Maybe a movie instead? How about A Clockwork Orange? Fear and Loathing maybe? Oh wait... that won't work either. What else could we do??? Oh wait I've got it! Lawn bowling! Let's get all of the kids together for sandwiches and pop in Lakawanna Park and go lawn bowling! That will surely keep the children's attention throughout their teens and into their 40's when they will be far too tired to ever have fun.

I would have suggested the finest lawn bowling facilities on South Main St. for the kids to use, but they aren't allowed there either...

Return to “North Okanagan”