Why are so many people "two-faced?"

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Why are so many people "two-faced?"

Post by Thinktank »

This is the most important topic you will ever discuss. It's more important than videos of cats
and dogs, hockey, gardening, movies, real estate or GMOs.

I don't know the exact percentage but there are a lot of two-faced people in the world.
Most humans are two-faced for some reason. They can be nice one day and stab you in the back the next.
Why is that?

We don't discuss two-facedness as much as we should. The reason for this - we're a Christian nation, and the church
basically screwed up and went the wrong direction when Judas two-faced Jesus for thirty pieces of silver. The church
started to say that was the plan all along and it was a good thing. The church started to sing songs about the 'blood of Jesus'
and started to say thousands of prayers 'thanking' Jesus for dieing. What the church should have done is figure
out what made Judas do it and tell people how to avoid getting stabbed in the back instead of thanking Jesus
for dieing .

So why do you suppose humans are two-faced?

Would you be a two-face for $1,000?
Why?

What was your best two-faced accomplishment where you tricked someone else
and what was the worst time someone was a two-face to you?

Two-faced people are fascinating.

Discuss
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Why are so many people "two-faced?"

Post by LANDM »

Probably the most interesting two faced story was on an online forum where someone posted about how nice he was to his uncle. His uncle died and didn't leave this person any money and he then proceeded to rip his uncle apart and say what a drunk he was and how horrible he was.
Very two faced. And kind of ties into your money-is-horrible threads too!

Discuss.
You and 71 others Like this post
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

My thought exactly.

Funny how that works.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Thinktank wrote:This is the most important topic you will ever discuss

No.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

EVERYONE judges the world around them in terms of risk or benefit. As conditions change the perception that a person or thing is a benefit or a risk changes accordingly. The self actualization level of Maslow's pyramid upon which our position in society is determined determines the outcome.

The human mind is wired to quickly identify risk. Look how slow we are to identify neutral faces in a crowd but how fast it locks in on a person displaying an angry look or displaying an angry gesture.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

LANDM wrote:Very two faced.

Discuss.

Totally. The old alcoholic moved into second place - all-time - right behind the two-faced church
people who import farm equipment and ahead of my compulsive liar freeloading cousin, for all
time two-facedness.

A two face and money always go together, just like Judas, history's biggest two face
who did it for thirty pieces of silver. Even my uncle found ways to make me lose money, so he could gain.

All two faced people are scheming to make more money for themselves. Seems like money
really is the root of all evil.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

No, it seems like you blame others for your ills.
That is two faced.
You and 71 others Like this post

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”