Catholics & Gays

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Re: Catholics & Gays

Post by Hmmm »

steven lloyd wrote:I think so too, but admitting you have a problem is the first step. Good for you.

You're too funny. But I suppose you have no choice. You just have to be.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

" Everybody's funny. Now you're funny too."
Puddlejumper40
Board Meister

Post by Puddlejumper40 »

steven lloyd wrote:" Everybody's funny. Now you're funny too."

Ahh George:)
Yours truly,

JollyJumper40 :)
Corneliousrooster
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Corneliousrooster »

A1-humor wrote:Humans are born spiritually blind, deaf, and dumb, and are definitely spiritual idiots!

Geez - how many freakin times is God gonna need a redo on humans? For an all wise all perfect omnipotent being who knows everything and does everything right he sure sucks at creating functional human beings that don't suck at life.

God is supposed to be the most spiritual being in existence, yet he makes "man" his creation in his image but makes us spiritual idiots...... woops
OREZ
Lord of the Board

Post by OREZ »

Humans are born spiritually blind, deaf, and dumb, and are definitely spiritual idiots!

Evidently God makes some of us "spiritual idiots" anyways.

I'm sure He has His reasons.
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Maybe we're spiritual idiots of our own making.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Catholics don't even want into the church, why on earth are gays and lesbians so determined to do so?

This thing about bashing Catholics and my religion is more or less inclusive than yours or better than yours, all I got to say if you can't trust your conscience to do the correct things in life without a bible in your pocket maybe you belong in a cage.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

jimmy4321 wrote:all I got to say if you can't trust your conscience to do the correct things in life without a bible in your pocket maybe you belong in a cage.

Some people might prefer to learn from wisdom that has proven to be beneficial for over two thousand years. Maybe your small, short life span is enough for you. Like it or not, the Bible does have such wisdom in it.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Whatever keeps you outta trouble.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Hmmm wrote: Like it or not, the Bible does have such wisdom in it.

I especially like the part describing the proper treatment of slaves.
Ya just can't beat 2000 year old "wisdom".
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

steven lloyd wrote:I especially like the part describing the proper treatment of slaves.
Ya just can't beat 2000 year old "wisdom".

That is a good part. A person accrued too much debt and instead of losing their land and inheritance or spend their whole life trying to pay it off, they would form an agreement to be a '"slave" or basically a worker for them to a maximum of 7 years. After that, all the debt is gone and they were to be given animals and other things to get started again. The "owner" or the one owed the money was to treat them very kindly. Today people sign contracts for employment for X amount of years and are supposed to do work. When you think about it, I think most people wouldn't mind this arrangement today and they can get out of all debt in 7 years or less. Sadly most are in slavery for a lifetime.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

And the bit about when or under what circumstances it was justified to take your slaves wife or daughter to have sex? How much debt did you have to accrue for that? Or how if you bear children with the slave’s wife then you get to keep the woman and the children and send the man off alone after his debt is paid? Also important to know that when you sell your daughter into slavery she cannot ever go free as a male sold into slavery might one day. Or how to determine how much to pay for the virgin daughter of a fellow man if you take her virginity and he is at first not agreeable to meeting your offered price?

This is definitely good stuff to know.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

and then jesus came along and said everyone love everyone no matter what . i guess jesus was bisexual
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Religion is gay!

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”