Three good reasons to join a church

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Three good reasons to join a church

Post by Thinktank »

#1 If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you. - Matthew 17:20

#2 For they were about five thousand men. ...Then he took the five loaves and the two fishes, and looking up to heaven, he blessed them, and brake, and gave to the disciples to set before the multitude. And they did eat, and were all filled: and there was taken up of fragments that remained to them twelve baskets. - Luke:9

#3 - And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive. - Matthew 21:22

If you join a church you can have pretty much anything you want. According to the bible.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Three good reasons to join a church

Post by Glacier »

Nothing beats taking 3 completely separate verses out of context to invent your own story line, and thereby justifying your personal desire for selfish behavior.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Here's how it works:
The church guy starts out by saying the world is not very good. Bad things are happening everywhere.
J-Dubs do this all the time. they say Armageddon will soon be here. They point out all the evil in the world.
But all church guys do the same thing.

Then the church guy says it is because we are not obeying God. Reminds us how good God is. Reminds us
how Jesus fed 5,000 people with five loaves of bread. Reminds us how we can change our lives by reading
and doing God's word. We can have whatever we pray for - if we believe.

People do get healed with prayer. It happens so many times you would be a fool not to do it. ( note * Muslims
and Buddhists and Hindus and Sikhs also get healed by prayer) But the bible says whatever we ask for - we'll get -
which is not true because we won't get $1 million dollars. Poor people will stay poor, no matter how many times they attend church and sing songs. In fact one thing we know for sure - the poor are getting poorer.

So I'm thinking the church guy is 'selfish' when he points out to the congregation that Jesus fed 5,000 people
with five loaves of bread, then asks people to donate money.

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

A few can help feed many - what's wrong with that?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Isn't that the little guy from Geico Insurance? I'm sure churches have insurance and probably would suggest that people look after their holdings. After all, God helps those that help themselves.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

*removed*

And churches make $billions. A typical large church in Kelowna will make $2 million per year
and smaller churches make less. I don't think people get good value for their money that goes to a church.
What do they do - sing songs and smile an awful lot?

Like I said before:

God - yes.
Bible - sometimes.
Church - never.
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Jun 21st, 2015, 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off-topic comment removed.

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

That image used to promote Geico Insurance (copyrighted I'm sure And American) hasn't anything to do with the bible. Why bring up your woes? Maybe go to church and someone will help
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

*removed*

And it's suitable for a thread on 'reasons for going to church' because all preachers tell us three scriptures
that make us think we will be blessed if only:

we attend chruch religiously
sing songs
smile an awful lot
and obey God's word.

but the fact is - most of us won't get any financial blessings by going to church. that's the fact.

Last edited by oneh2obabe on Jun 21st, 2015, 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off-topic comment removed.

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I don't pay attention to the commercial as I don't live in the States. It DOES pay to get insurance as evidenced by those who have lost their belongings in fires etc. Churches do step up to help. A good reason to join.
Able
Fledgling

Post by Able »

don't forget...."if its raining it can provide shelter"..."if you can sleep kneeling you will be warm"
Sometimes you eat the bear.....sometimes the bear eats you.
Able
Fledgling

Post by Able »

How about these....

I'm too stupid to make my own decisions

All my friends think I am weird....I want to be accepted by people who share my views about pedophiles being good at heart

I love the symbolism ....eat the wafer..drink the wine{blood} ....go out and screw thy neighbour
Sometimes you eat the bear.....sometimes the bear eats you.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Bull Goose Looney wrote:I love the symbolism ....eat the wafer..drink the wine{blood} ....go out and screw thy neighbour

The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.
~ Galatians 5:19-21
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

The pub is my church....Im happy here...not leaving....come join!
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Static wrote:The pub is my church....Im happy here...not leaving....come join!

This time of day? Only if you're buying!
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”