Skaha Lk Rd and Yorton Development

twobits
Guru

Skaha Lk Rd and Yorton Development

Post by twobits »

I see we have some leases in place for several new businesses. Need some memory help. The building that was previously there housed a steakhouse Bistro, a pizza joint, a convenience store, and a laundromat. I think it was called the "C CENTER". Seems the new businesses setting up are a Bistro, a Convenience Store, and a Pizza joint. Only thing missing, so far, is a laundromat.

Would seem that there are some that do not learn from history and are doomed to repeat it
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Static
Guru

Re: Skaha Lk Rd and Yorton Development

Post by Static »

I used to frequent the C-Center.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Drove by today and yep all 3 you mention have signs saying "open soon". Since there is a laundromat just up the way I don't think that would be a good fit, although I think you were joking. Since I'm not a business man I have no idea what would work there or would compliment the other 3 businesses. So in tune with your post 2bits, maybe another dollar store? ;)
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
ToddT
Übergod

Post by ToddT »

How about a movie rental store? Lol.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

JagXKR wrote:Drove by today and yep all 3 you mention have signs saying "open soon". Since there is a laundromat just up the way I don't think that would be a good fit, although I think you were joking. Since I'm not a business man I have no idea what would work there or would compliment the other 3 businesses. So in tune with your post 2bits, maybe another dollar store? ;)

I wasn't joking. There was a laundromat there along with the other three listed businesses.
And I just remembered the name of the pizza joint. It was Chico's fried chicken and pizza. And I think the steak/bistro joint started with a "Z". Was it Zalla's??

To Tod....was the last video store before extinction not right across the street from this development? Panther Video or something like that?

With history apparently repeating itself here, maybe a tanning salon with exercise equipment that does all the work for ya. Or a water slide!! Cue face palm.

What surprises me is no Star Bucks. Perhaps people have finally clued in that the coffee is better at Micky Dee's or 7-11 for 1/4 the cost.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Population has gotten a little higher in that end of town, with a couple of fairly major condo projects in close proximity and more in the works. That is an end of town that is in transition at the moment, could be that the new businesses will fare batter than the last with a little more year round patronage.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

I grew up in that end. It was way better back in the 80-90's. Now it looks warn down.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Anyone remember Bumpers the arcade?
ToddT
Übergod

Post by ToddT »

I spent a good part of my childhood in Bumpers. That was, and probably still is my favorite place I ever went.
I grew up a 30 second walk from there. I had 4 birthday parties there. The owners treated me like their own. Man I wish they still had places like that.

TwoBits - ya there was a creepy little video store kitty corner to what I am now referring to as C-Centre. You're correct about Zalla's too.

Fun fact: C-Centre was the last place in town to offer 1 cent candies lol.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

The Bistro is open. Have not tried it but good timing for the summer tourist season.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

The Convenience Store is now open as well.
ToddT
Übergod

Post by ToddT »

How convenient is it?
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Anyone try any of the new commerce offered?
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Static wrote:Anyone try any of the new commerce offered?

Nope but they now have two months to earn enough to pay the rent for the next 10 months.
To be fair, I intend to give the Bistro and the Pizza joint a go. Maybe they have come up with something that really rocks?
The convenience store though......what in hades were they thinking with both 7/11 and South Main Grocery in the same hood? I'll wager 15 months till at least two midnite moves. More probably three.

fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

I wonder twobits, they are perfectly positioned to scoop all the business from the high concentration of apartments and condos nearby, that's a year-round market, and there's a considerable whack of motels in the neighbourhood. It's looking pretty good for them to capture a chunk of the market that had up till now been traveling much farther to get to places like the South Main Grocery and the 7/11. Personally the bakery at the South Main Grocery will always be a big draw for me, but the new place has got good positioning for walk-in traffic.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut

Return to “North Okanagan”