The couple from Ontario has been found!

Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: The couple from Ontario has been found!!!

Post by Always Sunny »

jamapple wrote:Told you I'd get kicked!! C netters never dissapoint!That's why I chose my words very carefully, and even commended SARS, as again, I had family involved in a big way. I do recognize the following of the helecopter sounds, but at the end of the day, the 2 ungratefuls walked out on their own.
In the words of the rescued hiker, "What's all the fuss about"?

I wasn't referring to your post in any way.

The only "smart" move these two made was to tell someone their ETA back to the lodge. There's no chance they made an impromptu decision to hang out in the woods for an extra 6.5 days. They got lost, plain and simple. Yes, they managed to find their way out. But they could just as easily been injured, starving, suffering from heat stroke, who knows.

It was pure luck they managed to eventually find their way out. Apparently the only thing "lost" to them was their sense of gratitude.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/hikers-survive-wee ... -1.2445693

Serious:
At the peak of the search, there were 52 people at base camp and 40 members scouring the mountain by foot and helicopter.

Serious:
On Sunday, search members flew the hikers’ daughters by helicopter to one of the last places the couple had been seen, so they could say their final goodbyes.

No big deal:
Rick’s daughter says she doesn’t believe the pair has come to terms with their brush with death in the backcountry.

“My dad kind of gave me a wave and a kiss and I was like ‘are you kidding me?’ It was unbelievable,” she said.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Personally I think in this case, due to the history of this couple( both experienced hikers, her having been married to a SAR person), that we should send them the bill. At least for the lifesaving helicopter.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Auto1
Board Meister

Post by Auto1 »

What 'experienced hiker' goes for the day without something to start a fire with (lighter or matches) and a knife?

I mean, at the very least they should have had a whistle!

It offends me that he then comes back in and says he doesn't know what the big deal was about...

I agree. Send him the bill. Maybe then he will think about not putting a shelter where it can not be seen from the sky, etc etc etc.

Thank god for the volunteers, and the staff, and the safety of all those involved.
Noilly

Post by Noilly »

Judging from this guys social media page I really don't he cares what people think....karmas a *bleep* sometimes...
Auto1
Board Meister

Post by Auto1 »

You can see his social media?

I haven't tried that - but does he seem obtuse?

I am feeling sorry for the lady right now...

I heard that the guy worked at Cathedral Lakes last year, so IF this is true, and not just rumor, why did he get lost? After all, he is an experienced hiker...
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Auto1 wrote:You can see his social media?

I haven't tried that - but does he seem obtuse?

I am feeling sorry for the lady right now...

I heard that the guy worked at Cathedral Lakes last year, so IF this is true, and not just rumor, why did he get lost? After all, he is an experienced hiker...

By the looks of it, Rick seems like the type that probably gives zero *bleep*.
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008188114989
Auto1
Board Meister

Post by Auto1 »

I don't have a facebook, and the link says:
Sorry, this page isn't available

The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed.

Damn...
jamapple
Übergod

Post by jamapple »

Not too sure why they are still being referred as "experienced" hikers. More like "dumb" hikers!

Return to “North Okanagan”