Coquihalla closed in both directions due to fire

Fire-related topics
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Coquihalla closed in both directions due to fire

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

The Coquihalla is closed in both directions just east of Hope due to a forest fire that began after a car became engulfed in flames.

The fire began around 4 p.m. this afternoon, and quickly spread far the car to the forest.

Drive BC says the highway is closed between the Highway 3 Junction and Caroline Mine Road, and there is no detour available.

Othello Camp ground says they’re monitoring the situation, but because the wind is blowing the fire away from the campground an evacuation order hasn’t been put in place.

More to come…
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Coquihalla closed in both directions due to fire

Post by Queen K »

Oh LORD! I mean, we need rain, and we need it now, not Tuesday, NOW. This is insane.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Very much so, looking at long term (which is ify at best) no rain in forecast until 14th of July.
http://www.accuweather.com/en/ca/kelown ... cast/47170
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Queen K wrote:Oh LORD! I mean, we need rain, and we need it now, not Tuesday, NOW. This is insane.

It's not the end of the world, the firefighters have things under control. There's a 40% of rain next tuesday and I'm sure it'll likely be upgraded to 60-100% and we get closer to tuesday. If they are forecasting it 4 days in advance it means that something is definitely headed our way. Just as long as it doesn't dissipate.

Return to “Fire Watch 2015”