Nude beach, Penticton: posted "No Trespassing"

Drip_Torch
Guru

Re: Nude beach, Penticton: posted "No Trespassing"

Post by Drip_Torch »

I want some public space where I don't have to worry that myself or grandchild is going to use some piece of park or beach infrastructure that some sweaty monkey butt crack has just just left a lab sample on.

Oh, well if that's the case, you'll definitely want to avoid three mile. Sweaty monkeys? No, not so much, but there are lots of dogs and it's not just lab samples they leave behind.

(Personally, I find leaving dog crap on the edge of our drinking water source to be "reprehensible", but I guess we're all free to choose what we find to be acceptable and what we know to be intolerable.)
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

maybe someone with private land on the water will step up and say hey use my land for tanning as god intended lol did i just say that :) . its pretty sad that the christian rightwing wants to link sun bathing with being perverted
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Well I for one, am pleased to see the rights of the traditional users of the non-nudist part of Three Mile Beach finally addressed. It's too bad that the naturists lost their traditional area, but that doesn't give them any right to simply appropriate the public beach for their own purposes.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

sorry lakevixen but when these folks choose to disrobe on a public beach packed with children it is perverted I take my children to a public beach so they don't have see naked old men and women wandering around!
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Watching "old men and women" on the beach provides excelent examples of what gravity inevitably does to the human body if "children" do not adopt a life long exercise regimen.

Do you want to end up like that little jimy or janey provides a good explanation of people wandering around nude where you are not wanted ... both physically and mentally.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

I don't care how much you exercise gravity is gonna do its thing under no circumstance should people be allowed to go on a public beach and get naked when there are kids there. Try and get naked at a local playground and catch some rays lemme know how that works out for ya this should be treated the same way .Perhaps if the RCMP start threatening to have them registered as sex offenders this nonsense will stop. Im not against them having a nude beach but forcing there practice on others because they lost their illegally obtained spot is wrong.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To LTD ...

I agree with you. My post was meant as a bit of a "time out".
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

LTD wrote:I don't care how much you exercise gravity is gonna do its thing under no circumstance should people be allowed to go on a public beach and get naked when there are kids there. Try and get naked at a local playground and catch some rays lemme know how that works out for ya this should be treated the same way .Perhaps if the RCMP start threatening to have them registered as sex offenders this nonsense will stop. Im not against them having a nude beach but forcing there practice on others because they lost their illegally obtained spot is wrong.

Bingo, LTD. You nailed it. Try walking down Main Street in the buff...see if it even takes a formal complaint to get the fuzz to respond. They would be right on ya, right then and now! It's public property, a public beach is no different., and those who will tell us differently are just trying to deny the facts and get us to quit talking about the issue.

ETA: nowhere is there a clause in the law that states its ok to be nude on a public beach but NOT ok in town.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

LTD wrote:I don't care how much you exercise gravity is gonna do its thing under no circumstance should people be allowed to go on a public beach and get naked when there are kids there. Try and get naked at a local playground and catch some rays lemme know how that works out for ya this should be treated the same way .Perhaps if the RCMP start threatening to have them registered as sex offenders this nonsense will stop. Im not against them having a nude beach but forcing there practice on others because they lost their illegally obtained spot is wrong.

its clear you never been to wreck beach several off duty police go therec with their families naked , the wife and kids included
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

and anyone that thinks skimpy bathing sttire is somehow different is in denial or men 8n speedos somehow hides anything .but the topic is not walking around town nude , it is about sunbathing at a beach .
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

ETA: nowhere is there a clause in the law that states its ok to be nude on a public beach but NOT ok in town.

Are you sure?

ETA: And by that I mean: with this going to court now, I can see some effort going into separating the facts from the talking points and the introduction of some common sense and case law into the decision making processes.

"Skinny dipping = sex offender registry"

I don't see it personally.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

i fully agree private property should be respected 100 percent , women are also hundred percent allowed to sunbath topless in any vancouver beach ,last time i went to kits beach females of all ages were breasts out sunbathing and no one bats a eye .i have also been to skaha lake and seen same thing . it can be a tourist attraction and benefit to the city if a place is put aside for sunworshippers .
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

lakevixen wrote:i fully agree private property should be respected 100 percent , women are also hundred percent allowed to sunbath topless in any vancouver beach ,last time i went to kits beach females of all ages were breasts out sunbathing and no one bats a eye .i have also been to skaha lake and seen same thing . it can be a tourist attraction and benefit to the city if a place is put aside for sunworshippers .

Great idea. How about they all use your backyard.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

lakevixen wrote:its clear you never been to wreck beach several off duty police go therec with their families naked , the wife and kids included

It's clear you don't realize this has nothing to do with "Wreck Beach".

This only has to do with "Three Mile" in Penticton.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

i would if i lived there , if a university can donate land for this use im sure someone there can stand up and do same . no it isnt wreck beach but it also has zero to do with anyone being perverted or the like .

Return to “North Okanagan”