Westside Road about 5k N of Lk Okanagan Resort

Fire-related topics
TDogg80
Fledgling

Re: Westside Road about 5k N of Lk Okanagan Resort

Post by TDogg80 »

Joshmite0904 wrote:Any updates??

My friend just said the wind has started more spot fires.
tgm929
Board Meister

Post by tgm929 »

dieseluphammerdown wrote:To bad it wasn't completely put out 24 hours ago, and we wouldn't be discussing this now.

Actually, it's a shame they were busy using all their resources to put out a human started one in the same area. Not to mention the other 60 that started up last night. *removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Jul 20th, 2015, 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal insult.
TDogg80
Fledgling

Post by TDogg80 »

10506921_10155754757730063_3949374577074435467_o.jpg
madadam
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by madadam »

Forestry command just reported to Kamloops, approx 30 - 40 hectares, still rank 4, some parts rank 5, difficult fire due to erratic winds. Structures on east side of road are being protected close to the fire, others they are setting up sprinkler protection.
Swoop
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Swoop »

...wow Tdogg - this does not look good...
Swoop
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Swoop »

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Oh God, please let there be rain, we need rain.

Those poor people out there, it truly is 2003 all over again. So sad.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Tootsie
Board Meister

Post by Tootsie »

Just went outside to look. That thing is a monster ! Spreading north and south. Lots of spot fires heading south towards Lake Okanagan Resort as well as spot fires heading north.. Rapidly moving uphill towards top of mountain ridge as well. It's just moving all over. UGLY.
Buy123

Post by Buy123 »

madadam wrote:Forestry command just reported to Kamloops, approx 30 - 40 hectares, still rank 4, some parts rank 5, difficult fire due to erratic winds. Structures on east side of road are being protected close to the fire, others they are setting up sprinkler protection.

Where are you getting this?
TDogg80
Fledgling

Post by TDogg80 »

Swoop wrote:...wow Tdogg - this does not look good...

That was the last pic from my friend. It's getting too dark to take anymore worth anything. She said she will post some up from her card. I'll post here if they're any good.
Swoop
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Swoop »

Swoop wrote:...wow Tdogg - this does not look good...

TDogg80 wrote:That was the last pic from my friend. It's getting too dark to take anymore worth anything. She said she will post some up from her card. I'll post here if they're any good.

...I know I'm not the only one that appreciates the efforts...thx man...
dieselDaryl

Post by dieselDaryl »

We're watching and can confirm there is a fire near the houses down by the water. The wind must be pretty strong over there still since there are hotspots all over the place. The house that went up is quite a ways from the "main" fire.

<removed my armchair analyst remarks>

Stay safe, west siders!
Last edited by dieselDaryl on Jul 20th, 2015, 11:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Swoop
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Swoop »

dieselDaryl wrote:We're watching and can confirm there is a fire near the houses down by the water. The wind must be pretty strong over there still since there are hotspots all over the place. The house that went up is quite a ways from the "main" fire.

I don't usually post things of this tone, but its incredibly frustrating to see this happen. The two helicopters actioned it last night and knocked it down. No smoke all day, I don't know why they didn't have a small crew in there mopping it up. Once the winds picked up tonight that was it. Now its a BIG problem thats going to take waaay more resources, risk people's houses, firefighters, lives, etc. Think forestry would have learned from the "small" fire that started off Rattlesnake Island 12 years ago.

Stay safe, west siders!

...do you know for a fact they didn't?...sometimes, even fires in mop up stage can get away from crews actively working the fire, given the sort of conditions that presented themselves today...man, the level of armchair experts with 20/20 hindsight here is incredible...whatever some of you are currently doing for work - quit - your level of expertise is greatly needed in wildfire management...
AirHoss
Board Meister

Post by AirHoss »

Can we stick to relevant reports on the fire and save the bickering til the aftermath?

Return to “Fire Watch 2015”