Christy Clark at Shelter Bay fire site

Fire-related topics
P65
Fledgling

Christy Clark at Shelter Bay fire site

Post by P65 »

How does it benefit the fire fighting effort at Shelter Bay to have her staging a media event at the site?
Watching the clip with firefighters standing around her makes me question what this is about.
Thanking them, great!
There is no value in taxpayers dollars to have her at the site. What did it cost to bring her there?
Frisk
Guru

Re: Christy Clark at Shelter Bay fire site

Post by Frisk »

Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Must be elections coming up. They should both stay away and save us tax payers some pennies.
canuck500
Fledgling

Post by canuck500 »

In all fairness it's not just Christy that does this sort of thing, premiers have been visiting major fires forever. I can remember back as far as the Glen Cark days. That being said it is a major distraction for the crews.
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

Damned if they do show up....damned if they don't.
I can just imagine the cries of "And where is Christy in all this???...doesn't she even care????".
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod

Post by Carrs Landing Viking »

And if Christy Clark did not show up you would all complain about that. I believe it is her job to attend disaster area's.

There are certainly more important issues to be concerned about than the Premier simply doing her job.
zerograv
Banned

Post by zerograv »

love how Clark mentioned that the firefighting budget is determined from the average previous 5 or six years. That would make this years budget over 210 million, not 60......we've gone over budget 9 out of the last ten years, a logical person would suggest the budget is to low when that happens, but it sure helps them post a surplus.
Before giving someone a piece of your mind, make sure that you have enough to spare.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

P65 wrote:How does it benefit the fire fighting effort at Shelter Bay to have her staging a media event at the site?
Watching the clip with firefighters standing around her makes me question what this is about.
Thanking them, great!
There is no value in taxpayers dollars to have her at the site. What did it cost to bring her there?

If she hadn't come I'm willing to bet you'd still have a post here complaining, just worded differently.

What it's about is a politician looking after her riding. She's astute enough to realize, if she doesn't come, there'd still be a thread with the same title, just the word "not" inserted between "Clark" and "at".

It must really suck waking up in the morning with nothing better to do than to *bleep* and moan about jobs you'd have little to no clue about doing yourself.
Last edited by LoneWolf_53 on Jul 23rd, 2015, 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
puttrench

Post by puttrench »

Did she visit any other fires in BC or just the one close to her riding?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

puttrench wrote:Did she visit any other fires in BC or just the one close to her riding?

Just the one close to her riding. Same goes for PM. Mr. and Mrs. Friend up at Puntzi lake are in their 70s, and just lost their recently finished custom home they spend 20 years building. They're too old to build another one. Even though they had insurance, nothing could replace it. Will any politicians visit? LOL! The Prime Minister and Premier know there aren't enough votes to gain or lose up there to bother. It's much easier to tour a place where people have not lost homes because there are more voters nearby.
Last edited by Glacier on Jul 23rd, 2015, 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod

Post by Carrs Landing Viking »

puttrench wrote:Did she visit any other fires in BC or just the one close to her riding?

As a matter of fact, yes she has. I could pull up the info for you ,but I am too tired right now.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Glacier wrote:Just the one close to her riding. Same goes for PM. Mr. and Mrs. Friend up at Puntzi lake are in their 70s, and just lost their recently finished custom home they spend 20 years building. They're too old to build another one. Even though they had insurance, nothing could replace it. Will any politicians visit? LOL! The Prime Minister and Premier know there aren't enough votes to gain or lose up there to bother. It's much easier to tour a place where people have not lost homes because there are more voters nearby.

Actually you're wrong Glacier!

I'm shocked, I thought you better at getting your facts straight.

I didn't even look very hard and came across this one almost instantly.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2098330/b-c-p ... fire-base/

Here's another one she went to check on back in May....

http://globalnews.ca/news/2002081/fire- ... c-premier/

another...

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Premie ... story.html
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Well, the fire is in Christie's constituency. And on Westside road. The campaign to have the road renamed Christie Clark Way is gathering steam. It's a very appropriate name for the road.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

same angry crowd just looking for a reason to get all worked up.

It is a damn shame people put so much energy into trying to find a reason to be outraged.
DasCoupe

Post by DasCoupe »

Hassel99 wrote:same angry crowd just looking for a reason to get all worked up.

It is a damn shame people put so much energy into trying to find a reason to be outraged.

^^ This.

It is a positive thing to have them here bringing attention to the fire, and talking about future assistance and strategies.

Return to “Fire Watch 2015”