Nude beach, Penticton: posted "No Trespassing"

fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Nude beach, Penticton: posted "No Trespassing"

Post by fluffy »

What's with the "bully" thing now ?
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

Apparently going topless isn't a crime http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#144985

so why is she covering up for the camera ?
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

driveangry wrote:Apparently going topless isn't a crime http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#144985

Topless may not be illegal but nude is another matter.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

driveangry wrote:Apparently going topless isn't a crime http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#144985

I suspect it has something to do with the picture going on Castanet. Not everyone is mature enough to realize that a topless woman isn't an invitation to sexualisation. Matter of fact, from what I can tell, some people are completely incapable of realizing that a women's choice to go topless doesn't involve them at all.

cv23 wrote:Topless may not be illegal but nude is another matter.

Yeah, okay... what's the date tomorrow? They still charge people for illegal activities and put them before a judge - right? ...Or, is that just a proclamation that a real estate agent gets to make?
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

Drip_Torch wrote:Yeah, okay... what's the date tomorrow? They still charge people for illegal activities and put them before a judge - right? ...Or, is that just a proclamation that a real estate agent gets to make?

?????
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

?????

Sorry CV, journalism isn't my thing and I was brought up with the understanding that you don't pick carrots out of other peoples gardens. Lets just say, if the journalists wanted to stop writing opinion pieces to placate the masses, there would be plenty of honest work to keep them busy and I'll leave it at that - for now.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

The picture reminds me that customs change with time.

Machines that play floppy discs have to have a plug-in as well.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

What shocks me the most is that our own RCMP do not even understand the laws when it comes to topless nudity. We have many obscure laws in this country but there have been numerous court cases over breasts in public where the breasts have won. It has been a clear precedent for a cpl of decades now. For this to happen in 2015, scares the chit out me on how current and knowledgeable our law enforcement personnel are about a whole bunch of laws that fall into the category of societal perceived values.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

its called faith folks in power
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

lakevixen wrote:its called faith folks in power

What faith folks are in power? Or was that another post made while consuming recreational relaxants?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

cv23 wrote:?????

lmaoooooooo

It's sarcasm cv23.

He's implying that your ideals are bang on...if it was April 4th, 1822.
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

cv23 wrote:?????

onestop67 wrote:lmaoooooooo
It's sarcasm cv23.
He's implying that your ideals are bang on...if it was April 4th, 1822.

So what you are saying IYO there is no difference between topless and nude.
Unfortunately for you I think you will find that even here in 2015 a large sector of the population as well as the courts may disagree with you
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To cv23 ...

Can any part of the body not be nude as in nude paintings that depict different parts of the body as being "nude" ?? Or nude paintings with a partial coverlet over part of the nude body ??

To me nude is a neutral state of being depicted in artwork. Naked implies a bit of a sinister or daring overtone to being nude, such as a lady skinny dipping with her top and/or bottoms off.

I think that the confusion between the two terms is one of the reasons that people are having difficulty reaching a consensus regarding the nude beach issue. Adherents see it as nude while those opposed see it as being naked.
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

Donald G wrote:To cv23 ...

Can any part of the body not be nude as in nude paintings that depict different parts of the body as being "nude" ?? Or nude paintings with a partial coverlet over part of the nude body ??

To me nude is a neutral state of being depicted in artwork. Naked implies a bit of a sinister or daring overtone to being nude, such as a lady skinny dipping with her top and/or bottoms off.

I think that the confusion between the two terms is one of the reasons that people are having difficulty reaching a consensus regarding the nude beach issue. Adherents see it as nude while those opposed see it as being naked.

You may be very correct but while most, and the courts, have little or no issue with a woman exposing her breasts in public and some may even call it sexy or even alluring an old man exposing his junk in public is not acceptable to the majority of the population or the courts. Like alot of things in life some individuals may see certain behaviour as harmless or even innocent while others may see similar behaviour as lewd or even obscene. One of downfalls of living in a so-called civilized society is that majority opinion rules and in this case whether you call it nude, naked or just without clothes the majority views it as unacceptable behaviour in public so it has become just that.
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

cv23 wrote:So what you are saying IYO there is no difference between topless and nude.
Unfortunately for you I think you will find that even here in 2015 a large sector of the population as well as the courts may disagree with you

What? I didn't say anything.

I just pointed out that you were being made fun of.

Return to “North Okanagan”