Kaleden dog beach or not?

youhavegottobekidding
Fledgling

Kaleden dog beach or not?

Post by youhavegottobekidding »

We were at the Kaleden Beach yesterday where signs are everywhere that states "DOGS MUST BE ON A LEASH"
There were dogs running off leash everywhere, in the water and doing their business on the lawn. Sorry but that will be my last visit there, it was just GROSS. Anyone else had this problem at Kaleden Beach? Wonder who I could call to have the Dog Control ByLaws show up there? Thks
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Kaleden DOG beach or ???

Post by Dizzy1 »

youhavegottobekidding wrote:Wonder who I could call to have the Dog Control ByLaws show up there? Thks

Just gonna take a wild stab at this ... maybe dog control themselves? ;)
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Bunnyhop
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Kaleden dog beach or not?

Post by Bunnyhop »

Call Animal Control at 250-545-8070. The more complaints they get, the more patrols they will make. The KVR is full of off leash dogs and no one picks up after their dogs along the trail. AC needs to make their presence felt but they won't patrol unless they get complaints. IMO that is a lazy attitude, but it's the way they work.

People from Penticton especially think that just because they are outside of the city, they don't have to leash their dogs. Wrong.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

the kvr seriously your complaining about dogs being off leash in the bush you gotta be kidding I take my dogs there to run off leash and will continue to do so !! The beach on the other hand is a legitimate concern.
youhavegottobekidding
Fledgling

Bunnyhop wrote:Call Animal Control at 250-545-8070. The more complaints they get, the more patrols they will make. The KVR is full of off leash dogs and no one picks up after their dogs along the trail. AC needs to make their presence felt but they won't patrol unless they get complaints. IMO that is a lazy attitude, but it's the way they work.

People from Penticton especially think that just because they are outside of the city, they don't have to leash their dogs. Wrong.

Thanks for the phone number, it is greatly appreciated and YES I will call them.
We are new to this part of the province, so thanks for the number instead of giving me a smart *bleep* remarks like the one person that says" call the dog control"
JBX
Fledgling

Post by JBX »

I live in Kaleden,

Near the boat launch is pretty popular for people to let their dogs go in the water, usually throwing toys, probably because it gets so insanely deep so fast there the dogs can swim, doesn't really bother me they usually get a sniff in and a scratch as I'm launching my boat and off they go. The KVR is under my house and I always see dogs running loose, OH MY GOD, DOGS, LOOSE, in NATURE!! The sky is falling!!!!

Unfortunately, there, as seems to be the rule, a lot of annoying nosy complainers in the valley who just want to make a ruckus over anything.

To be honest I love the fact that the Kaleden beach is usually pretty dead, cant stand Penticton's overflowing beaches in the summer so.... :)

As for dogs crapping all over the beach, never seen it once, if I did you better believe id be telling them to pick it up and move along.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Bunnyhop
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Bunnyhop »

LTD wrote:the kvr seriously your complaining about dogs being off leash in the bush you gotta be kidding I take my dogs there to run off leash and will continue to do so !! The beach on the other hand is a legitimate concern.

The kvr from Banbury to OK Falls is RDOS jurisdiction and there are leash laws. From Penticton to Banbury is reserve land and no leash laws. If you think you're above the law, go for it. But don't complain when you eventually get nailed. It's not the bush, it's people's neighborhood. That's why there are leash laws.
JBX
Fledgling

Post by JBX »

LTD wrote:the kvr seriously your complaining about dogs being off leash in the bush you gotta be kidding I take my dogs there to run off leash and will continue to do so !! The beach on the other hand is a legitimate concern

The kvr from Banbury to OK Falls is RDOS jurisdiction and there are leash laws. From Penticton to Banbury is reserve land and no leash laws. If you think you're above the law, go for it. But don't complain when you eventually get nailed. It's not the bush, it's people's neighborhood. That's why there are leash laws.

I'll never understand the panic that comes from a dog crapping in the woods, only every other animal out there does it but for some reasons when a dog does it the world ends, children die and everybody is sick.

Thankfully I don't own a dog so I don't have to worry about it lol.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Bunnyhop
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Bunnyhop »

I actually don't really care if the poop doesn't get picked up if it's not on the trail where someone might step in it. The coyotes, bears, deer and Cougars don't pick up after themselves either. ;-)
jusme3

Post by jusme3 »

Take a step into real life. There are so many goose turds, deer turds, etc. on Kaleden beaches, not to mention the human offspring that pee in the lake and the sweet innocent babies that are sitting on the beach in their nasty soiled seeping diapers. If this $h!t bothers you stay home in your in your perfectly sterile homes. Also, a lot of us Kaleden residents used to go to the 'Secret Beach' aka "Sickle Point" until the huge waste of humanity Mel Reeves ruined that. Point being: if you don't like excrement stay home and clean your toilets.
youhavegottobekidding
Fledgling

JBX wrote:I live in Kaleden,

Near the boat launch is pretty popular for people to let their dogs go in the water, usually throwing toys, probably because it gets so insanely deep so fast there the dogs can swim, doesn't really bother me they usually get a sniff in and a scratch as I'm launching my boat and off they go. The KVR is under my house and I always see dogs running loose, OH MY GOD, DOGS, LOOSE, in NATURE!! The sky is falling!!!!

Unfortunately, there, as seems to be the rule, a lot of annoying nosy complainers in the valley who just want to make a ruckus over anything.

To be honest I love the fact that the Kaleden beach is usually pretty dead, cant stand Penticton's overflowing beaches in the summer so.... :)

As for dogs crapping all over the beach, never seen it once, if I did you better believe id be telling them to pick it up and move along.

Nice to know you live in Kaleden also, BUT the issue really is pretty gross and you would think living here you would want a clean beach and where you don't have to worry about the off leash pitbull or other huge dogs running up to your kids on the beach and scaring them? Oh well, some of us do care so we will agree to disagree that is fine.
JBX
Fledgling

Post by JBX »

I've never actually seen that happen, if that's happening when I'm not around(I'm not there a lot just to launch and load) then yes people should be getting reported, a clean beach is better for all of us.

Sickle Point.. is that the area with all the no trespassing signs where that massive tool is -constantly- year round watering .. um.. nothing? I've been meaning to check into if he even has water rights to be doing that. Amazing though, the water table is probably a few Inches there but they just have to run 2 freaking pumps 12 hours a day ever day.

I personally love going right up to the high water mark and just setting up there for the day, immature perhaps but nobody is perfect! That and they kind of *bleep* me off, a few weeks ago we were down there and their kids were walking through the water caring a baby deer! No joke, I couldn't believe it, putting it in the water and letting it struggle to swim, the whole time it was complaining. I thought of going over and saying a few things but I was angry enough that I was pretty sure I would have flow off the handle.

I wonder if they are aware of the shear number of people that use that beach when they are not around, I even came around (from the main beach direction) and saw 2 lovebirds going at it LOL! That was funny, never seen two people get dressed so fast!
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

its all fun and games till someone gets bitten or a another dog gets attacked.
Squeal

Post by Squeal »

jusme3 wrote:Take a step into real life. There are so many goose turds, deer turds, etc. on Kaleden beaches, not to mention the human offspring that pee in the lake and the sweet innocent babies that are sitting on the beach in their nasty soiled seeping diapers. If this $h!t bothers you stay home in your in your perfectly sterile homes. Also, a lot of us Kaleden residents used to go to the 'Secret Beach' aka "Sickle Point" until the huge waste of humanity Mel Reeves ruined that. Point being: if you don't like excrement stay home and clean your toilets.

Everyone likes excrement! Especially on the lawn at the beach!
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

Squeal wrote:
Everyone likes excrement! Especially on the lawn at the beach!

Saw a guy in a speedboat pull up to the beach; got out; let three big dogs out; they did their business on the sand; he loaded them back onto the boat and away he went. No cleanup; nothing. Wasn't his beach I guess. Sad situation. This was actually Airport Beach in Penticton but it could happen anywhere. Clean it up; good god!

Return to “North Okanagan”